Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Place your request finding a LNF rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Place your request finding a LNF rate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:18 pm

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
I'm also looking for something cheaper at the LAX Renaissance Montura.

Check in Oct 16, check out Oct 17

2 dbls currently going for $229. This rate has recently gone up $10 or so!
Old Apr 22, 2008, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by CKL
I am looking for a LNF for the Fairfield Inn Sandusky.
Check in 7/3
Check out 7/6
room - Double/Double - the cheapest room available on marriott.com.
rate to beat $169/night - $565.30all in.
I have checked expedia, travelocity, orbitz, kayak,ebookers, hotels., and have had no luck. some sights show no rooms available, others show rooms at same or higher rate. help? TIA!
CKL - this is the closest marriott property to one of the top amusement parks in the US on July 4th weekend. (the next closest are a RI and another FI - about 35 miles away) I am surprised you can even get it, much less for $169!(it's why it is not showing on some other sites at all - ) with gas prices the way they are, this park will be a big draw this summer from CLE, DET, PIT and even futher.

I think you are going to have to adjust your expectations on this one - either stay farther away for less, spend the money or choose other than Marriott.

To reduce the bill, you might start watching for $50 BB - on a 4 night stay, you could use 2....that would save at least $100.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by goosegreen

I have just found it on Alpharooms for £80.97 inc tax. This equates to $160.34 using the Marriott Currency Calculator.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:00 pm
CKL

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
CKL - this is the closest marriott property to one of the top amusement parks in the US on July 4th weekend. (the next closest are a RI and another FI - about 35 miles away) I am surprised you can even get it, much less for $169!(it's why it is not showing on some other sites at all - ) with gas prices the way they are, this park will be a big draw this summer from CLE, DET, PIT and even futher.

I think you are going to have to adjust your expectations on this one - either stay farther away for less, spend the money or choose other than Marriott.

To reduce the bill, you might start watching for $50 BB - on a 4 night stay, you could use 2....that would save at least $100.
yeah, I get all that - but I still want it cheaper, is it wrong?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: US Airways, IC Hotels Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Help and Advise Appreciated

Hi,

Any help and advice on this one would be appreciated.

I am interested in booking the Marriott Marco Island, Florida from 1st to 8th August 2008. Marriot cheapest rate is:
$279 for 1st and 2nd Aug and $259 for 3rd to 8th Aug. Total Cost $ 2,038 rate can be cancelled.

I have already located a cheaper (much cheaper rate) on Alpharooms.com
Total price including tax for the same 7 nights is $1183 plus $44 if I purchase cancellation waiver insurance of $44 bringing this to a total of $1,227 (this is alpharooms exchange rate).

Has anybody been succeffuly in a LNF claim when comparing to Alpha Rooms ?
The terms are not the same if I compare the Alpharooms rate to Marriott - but would purchasing the cancellation waiver insurance do any good ? Even if the rooms were the same terms - would Marriott accept a compare to Alpharooms - I have previously used Alpharooms and they do issue a voucher.

Advice from those much more familiar with Marriot LNG would be greatly appreciated.

Alternatively if a rate similar to Alpharooms could be located that I could submit a LNG claim - this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your Help

Brosna
Old Apr 22, 2008, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brosna
Hi,

Any help and advice on this one would be appreciated.

I am interested in booking the Marriott Marco Island, Florida from 1st to 8th August 2008. Marriot cheapest rate is:
$279 for 1st and 2nd Aug and $259 for 3rd to 8th Aug. Total Cost $ 2,038 rate can be cancelled.

I have already located a cheaper (much cheaper rate) on Alpharooms.com
Total price including tax for the same 7 nights is $1183 plus $44 if I purchase cancellation waiver insurance of $44 bringing this to a total of $1,227 (this is alpharooms exchange rate).

Has anybody been succeffuly in a LNF claim when comparing to Alpha Rooms ?
The terms are not the same if I compare the Alpharooms rate to Marriott - but would purchasing the cancellation waiver insurance do any good ? Even if the rooms were the same terms - would Marriott accept a compare to Alpharooms - I have previously used Alpharooms and they do issue a voucher.

Advice from those much more familiar with Marriot LNG would be greatly appreciated.

Alternatively if a rate similar to Alpharooms could be located that I could submit a LNG claim - this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your Help

Brosna
Hi Brosna...

I found bookinhotels.com at $169.98 TAXES INCLUDED

Last edited by imverge; Apr 22, 2008 at 3:07 pm
Old Apr 22, 2008, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goosegreen

Hi I found alpharooms at $161.49 TAXES INCLUDED

Old Apr 22, 2008, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Hi Brosna...

I found bookinhotels.com at $169.98 TAXES INCLUDED

I have submitted the LNF claim. Time to hold my breath and see how it goes.

THanks for your help

Brosna
Old Apr 22, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by CKL
yeah, I get all that - but I still want it cheaper, is it wrong?

Never wrong, just suggesting it probably won't happen.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:31 am

Success: Marriott Marco Island, FL $115per night compared to $259 &$279

Originally Posted by brosna
I have submitted the LNF claim. Time to hold my breath and see how it goes.

THanks for your help

Brosna
Since it's my first and first successfull claim - I am delighted. The fact that the cost is approx 40% of the Marriott site also increases my delight.

Thanks to Imverge for your help. It is very much appreciated.^

Details Below. Rate $115 per night compared to $279 and $259 on Marriott.com - 1st to 8th August. Cheaper rate found on xxxxxxxx

Hotel: Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club and Spa
Arrival Date: August 1, 2008
Reservation Confirmation Number:XXXXXX

We have reviewed your claim and have made the following modification to your reservation:
Rate: $115.25
Reservation Confirmation Number: XXXXXX

The room rate listed above reflects your nightly room rate, before tax, and an additional 25% discount for submitting a successful claim according to the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee.

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Regards,
Marriott Internet Customer Care

Brosna

Last edited by brosna; Apr 24, 2008 at 7:28 am
Old Apr 23, 2008, 3:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, PC Plat, UA
Ditto

My thanks go to all on here too...

based on these posts, I checked on the JW Miami and the Marriott marco Island (flying into MIA and haven't decided which one to stay at yet!)

Marriott Marco Island Golf Resort and spa Arrival Date: 26 June 2008
We have reviewed your claim and have made the following modification to your reservation:
Rate: $117.39 (against an initial price of £259 2nts and $279 2 nts)

JW Marriott Miami
Arrival Date: 26 June 2008
Rate: $135.37 per night (vs $249 nt)

I presume PPs and BBs are still valid with these rates?

major thanks go out to Sophiegirl for helping me with our trip itinerary - which is as follows (excuse the British date format!):

Date City Hotel P/Night Total Notes
15/6-16/6 NYC Marriott Marquis 238.19 Non refundable
16/6-19/6 NYC Marriott Marquis Points
19/6-21/6 PVD Ren Providence $199 449.74 -£100 PP
21/6-23/6 BOS Marriott Longwharf $329 739.92 -£100 PP
23/6-26/6 NH Wentworth by the sea $199 322.38 Adv P
26/6-30/6 MIA Marriott SoBe $279/$149 1114.18 Adv P

Happy that the Ren Providence, & Wentworth are probably the lowest they will go, but couldn't find anything cheaper for Marriott SoBe (6/26-6/30) or BOS Longwharf or Ren Boston for (6/21-6/23). I've re-tried all hotels with a bunch of codes and every website I could think of.

Could I be awfully cheeky and ask if anybody can find any of those three (marriott Sobe, Long Wharf or Ren BOS) cheaper?

Many, many thanks...David
Old Apr 23, 2008, 6:04 am

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
Karma going out to imverge & GlenTheBaker. Thanks guys! See my success post in the other thread.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Change Of Strategy ......

Hi everyone,

I'm glad people are getting the most of this thread. I and others are glad to be of help

It's come to my attention that some of the info posted on FT is being monitored and acted upon in order to head-off successful claims being submitted.

From now on anyone who needs assistance can you please just list the hotel and dates you need along with the Marriott site rates.

Your assistance will come in the form of a PM from one of our several resident BRG /LNF experts

Once and if you receive an answer please edit your post indicating your request has received the assistance you were looking for. This way we know your request is now CLOSED.

** DO NOT POST NAME OF ANY COMPARISON WEBSITES OR RATES** THIS ALSO GOES IN POSTING YOUR SUCCESSFUL CLAIMS ON THE "POST SUCCESS LNF" THREAD... AGAIN NEVER MENTION **COMPARISON SITE**

Thanx for your cooperation

Best Regards,

imverge
Old Apr 24, 2008, 4:57 am

Programs: VA Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, PC Spire/Ambassador, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Springhill Suites Galveston, TX

Hi,

I'm currently planning a jaunt around Texas next year.

Was planning to use the SpringHill Suites in Galveston, TX. for 2 nights 16th and 17th March 2009, the rates are $249 - Special event rate.

Can anyone find a better rate ?

Thanks in advance,

handy72
Old Apr 24, 2008, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi handy72.

Sorry but I've not managed to find anything better. I presume that there really is some 'Special Event' on in town - hence the rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.