Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:41 pm

I received 50k points from sister 8/3 but my Lifetime Points didn't change?!?!

Originally Posted by cfischer
it has been hit and miss recently. HUCA and bring a lot of time. They can still transfer points.
Transfer was done on 8/3. It is the only transfer of any kind I have ever had in my account.

Under "Type" it says "Bonus". Under "Description" it says "Points Sharing"

Is that what it should say? Anyone else have this happen? If so, remedy?...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: United
Marriott penalizing long term customer

One of the primary benefits of achieving lifetime gold under the previous program was access to the Concierge for lifetime. Marriott cleverly is getting away with limiting this benefit for those who have not quite earned it.

Just got got off the phone with Marriott. Lifetime Gold achieved with over 400 nights and 7 years of gold (staying 50 nights a year). I hit the lifetime 400 and have five years at staying over 50 nights.

But now, gold is reached at 25 nights and plantinum at 50. So for so good. And you have to still have 7 years at 50 nights to achieve lifetime Concierge.

But now my 5 years of fifty nights is only considered gold, not platinum, even though I meet the qualifications of platinum. So today I only need 2 years of staying 50 nights a year to achieve lifetime Concierge but on August 18 I have to start over with 7 more years of 50 night stays. Marriott response was “I am sorry.”

Suggestions other than changing loyalty companies?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by stuartcolburn
But now my 5 years of fifty nights is only considered gold, not platinum, even though I meet the qualifications of platinum. So today I only need 2 years of staying 50 nights a year to achieve lifetime Concierge but on August 18 I have to start over with 7 more years of 50 night stays. Marriott response was “I am sorry.”
Something does not compute here;.. If you earned five years at the MR Gold level having stayed fifty nights per year that should count as Plat towards LT status in the new program. Did you qualify in MR and not SPG? Were you status matched? Am I missing another point that is pertinent? If not, the CSA appears to be wrong which happens way too often lately.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
One of the primary benefits of achieving lifetime gold under the previous program was access to the Concierge for lifetime. Marriott cleverly is getting away with limiting this benefit for those who have not quite earned it.

Just got got off the phone with Marriott. Lifetime Gold achieved with over 400 nights and 7 years of gold (staying 50 nights a year). I hit the lifetime 400 and have five years at staying over 50 nights.

But now, gold is reached at 25 nights and plantinum at 50. So for so good. And you have to still have 7 years at 50 nights to achieve lifetime Concierge.

Sounds like a miscommunication, TODAY you are MR Gold, after the merger you will be MPG Plat, according to https://members.marriott.com/marriottrewards/.. The fact that you don't have the nights this year to make Plat is irrelevant. In fact, this is the only time LT status kicks in is when your earned status drops below LT status. I suggest wait for things to settle out and then check your account online and if it doesn't show as LTP call back in, Also, grab screen shots NOW of your account status to prove you are showing as LTG.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
I'd like to know if you were able to get this fixed or if anyone else has experienced this.

Please advise

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
Transfer was done on 8/3. It is the only transfer of any kind I have ever had in my account.

Under "Type" it says "Bonus". Under "Description" it says "Points Sharing"

Is that what it should say? Anyone else have this happen? If so, remedy?...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Something does not compute here;.. If you earned five years at the MR Gold level having stayed fifty nights per year that should count as Plat towards LT status in the new program. Did you qualify in MR and not SPG? Were you status matched? Am I missing another point that is pertinent? If not, the CSA appears to be wrong which happens way too often lately.
I think the CSA is wrong. The legacy MR criteria were
LTS (10 night level): 250 nights + 1.2m points
LTG (50 night level): 500 nights + 1.6m points
LTP (75 night level): 750 nights + 2m points.

Under the new program,old LTS maps to new LTS, old LTG maps to new LTP, old LTP maps to new LTPP.

Under the new qualification rules, as follows:
New LTS (10 night level): 250 nights + 5 years silver (10 nights or higher/yr)
New LTG (25 night level): 400 nights + 7 years gold (25 nights or higher/yr)
New LTP (50 night level): 600 nights + 10 years plat (50 nights or higher/yr)
New LTTP (75 night level): 750 nights + 10 years plat (50 nights or higher/yr).

Under the old criteria (nights + points), that poster seemingly falls short for the 500 nights part of the 500 nights + 1.6M points to qualify under the legacy Marriott Lifetime Gold/merged program Lifetime Platinum (50 night level).

Under the new criteria, his 400 nights match the criteria of Lifetime Gold (25 night level), as would 7 years at 25 years or more (poster indicates they have 7 years at the 50 night level). Lifetime Gold in the new program is the 25 night level though.

The CSR who told you this is misinformed. Your 50 years of gold at the 50 night level will be considered platinum for calculation purposes. Per members.marriott.com FAQ page:

We are keeping members “whole” in the applicable night tier in which they earned their Elite status. Example: If a member has 4 years of Elite status at the 50 night level (Gold Elite status) they will be counted in August and beyond as 4 years at the new 50 night level (Platinum Elite status). Only the names of the levels are changing. How we account for tenure is not changing.

How many lifetime points and nights do you have at this exact moment? If you qualify on 1.6 million points + 500 or more lifetime nights, you will be old Lifetime gold, which will become new Lifetime Platinum (50 night level) in the merged program.

If you qualify August 18th onwards on the 400 nights + 7 years at gold or higher, then you're qualifying against the new criteria for the new lifetime gold (25 night level with no concierge). That's the distinction.

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Sounds like a miscommunication, TODAY you are MR Gold, after the merger you will be MPG Plat, according to https://members.marriott.com/marriottrewards/.. The fact that you don't have the nights this year to make Plat is irrelevant. In fact, this is the only time LT status kicks in is when your earned status drops below LT status. I suggest wait for things to settle out and then check your account online and if it doesn't show as LTP call back in, Also, grab screen shots NOW of your account status to prove you are showing as LTG.
@stuartcolburn post is confusing. He mentions lifetime gold, but not in which program. From the sound of his post, it sounds like he doesn't have lifetime gold under legacy MR, because he mentions that he has "over 400 nights" (but not over 500 nights, which is the nights requirement for old MR Gold being put into legacy plat, or anything about the points), and then that poster talks about 400 nights + 7 years at gold or higher - but the nights + years criteria is the new Merged MR Gold, which is the 25 night level and does not grant concierge access nor will earning under the new LTG criteria qualify him to be bumped up to LTP in 2019.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
? on earning the new Lifetime Plat status

Totally confused on whether I’ll earn LT Plat effective 18Aug18. Here’s the background:

* SPG Gold for at 9+ years, some years qualifying by hotel nights and some years due to SPG Plat AMEX card free status:
243 LT SPG nights
no clue about LT SPG points earned, but probably 800k, earned substantially by SPG AX card spend

* Marriott Gold for at least 10+ years, some years by hotel nights and some due to UA 1K status:
260 LT MR nights
300k MR points

So, will this qualify me for LT Plat under the new rules? I think my uncertainty is whether or not the 800k SPG LT points earned count for anything.

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Totally confused on whether I’ll earn LT Plat effective 18Aug18. Here’s the background:

* SPG Gold for at 9+ years, some years qualifying by hotel nights and some years due to SPG Plat AMEX card free status: - SPG Gold does not count towards LT Plat; only MR Gold which was a fifty night level like SPG Plat.
243 LT SPG nights
no clue about LT SPG points earned, but probably 800k, earned substantially by SPG AX card spend - SPG points do not count under the legacy SPG or new combined programs because SPG did not track points. They could have counted the points that were tracked but have decided to not count any SPG points towards LT status. Points will only be considered for status under the legacy MR program which could be mapped to the new program but not for status under the new program.

* Marriott Gold for at least 10+ years, some years by hotel nights and some due to UA 1K status: Last I heard nobody was sure if status matched from UA would count. Last I read this was still an open question.
260 LT MR nights - Combined you have 503 nights, well short of the 600 you would need for the new program. You cannot use combined nights to qualify for MR or SPG PLAT or MR Gold under either legacy program which is also irrelevant as you do not have enough nights under either to earn status to be matched into the new program.
300k MR points - Short of the 1.6mm needed for LTG but are you confusing LT points with your present account balance? This seems very low even if you only held meetings.

So, will this qualify me for LT Plat under the new rules? I think my uncertainty is whether or not the 800k SPG LT points earned count for anything.

Thanks
See bold statements inserted above.

Last edited by CJKatl; Aug 16, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
I'm sorry but did something change. I was under the impression I have until the end of the year to earn Marriott LT status under legacy terms. In my case going for Legacy Marriott LT Gold (which will turn into Marriott LT Platinum in the new program). This can be achieved through 500 nights and 1.6M points. My 396 LT Marriott nights plus my 140 SPG lifetime nights will total over 500. I'll just need to get to 1.6M marriott points by year end. Did something change??
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ahbitheman
I'm sorry but did something change. I was under the impression I have until the end of the year to earn Marriott LT status under legacy terms. In my case going for Legacy Marriott LT Gold (which will turn into Marriott LT Platinum in the new program). This can be achieved through 500 nights and 1.6M points. My 396 LT Marriott nights plus my 140 SPG lifetime nights will total over 500. I'll just need to get to 1.6M marriott points by year end. Did something change??
Nothing changed but your understanding of "legacy" is not accurate; it's the pre-merger accounts which don't include combining of nights, years, points. If you want to qualify for old-LTG Marriott then you'll need 500 Marriott nights (no SPG) and 1.6M points. If you want to qualify for newLTP, based upon the combined accounts, then you'll need 600 nights and 10 years of status at the greater than 50 night level.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:49 am

Oh well. I nearly transferred 100K in Chase UR points to top up to 1.6M Marriott Points. Thankfully I didn't.
I'm also getting word from Marriott agents that for Marriott to Marriott transfers, it is now policy as of July 24, 2018, that transfers over 100K in MR have to have both accounts over 90 days old. Has anyone else heard this? Furthermore, the "system" they use for transferring over 100K is down.

In this case, I'll have to make the reservation under my wife's marriott account and hope I can somehow transfer it to my account as I have platinum. Since there is no way I hit 500 Marriott ONLY nights by year end, and the new LT programs don't care about LT points, I guess this isn't too big of a deal to not add to my LT points balance.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Nothing changed but your understanding of "legacy" is not accurate; it's the pre-merger accounts which don't include combining of nights, years, points. If you want to qualify for old-LTG Marriott then you'll need 500 Marriott nights (no SPG) and 1.6M points. If you want to qualify for newLTP, based upon the combined accounts, then you'll need 600 nights and 10 years of status at the greater than 50 night level.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Oh well. I nearly transferred 100K in Chase UR points to top up to 1.6M Marriott Points. Thankfully I didn't.
I'm also getting word from Marriott agents that for Marriott to Marriott transfers, it is now policy as of July 24, 2018, that transfers over 100K in MR have to have both accounts over 90 days old. Has anyone else heard this? Furthermore, the "system" they use for transferring over 100K is down.

In this case, I'll have to [b]make the reservation under my wife's marriott account and hope I can somehow transfer it to my account as I have platinum[\b]. Since there is no way I hit 500 Marriott ONLY nights by year end, and the new LT programs don't care about LT points, I guess this isn't too big of a deal to not add to my LT points balance.
What is the goal here? A better upgrade, credit for stay to your account, or something else?

You may find just contacting MPG or the property to add your name to the rez and letting them know you are Plat will get them to bump the rez. Also, at check in you might be able to get them to change the account number to your's so it posts to your account (very iffy). I suspect there will be a lot of gotcha's in the upcoming weeks and some will be bad.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:55 pm

The goal was to obtained a higher LT elite status by bumping up my LT points today as well as have enough points to book some Cat 7 hotels this year. Hopefully if I am about to get a Cat 7 deal with her account, I'll be able to somehow switch it to my account with Platinum status later. If not, oh well. May of the Cat 7's I want don't have a lot of elite benefits anyway

Originally Posted by RogerD408
What is the goal here? A better upgrade, credit for stay to your account, or something else?

You may find just contacting MPG or the property to add your name to the rez and letting them know you are Plat will get them to bump the rez. Also, at check in you might be able to get them to change the account number to your's so it posts to your account (very iffy). I suspect there will be a lot of gotcha's in the upcoming weeks and some will be bad.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The goal was to obtained a higher LT elite status by bumping up my LT points today as well as have enough points to book some Cat 7 hotels this year. Hopefully if I am about to get a Cat 7 deal with her account, I'll be able to somehow switch it to my account with Platinum status later. If not, oh well. May of the Cat 7's I want don't have a lot of elite benefits anyway
For the LT nights, you have until the end of the year to earn those to bump your status. As for on-site benefits, I have always been able to show my Plat card at check in when staying with a lower status friend and they have extended Plat benefits, I didn't get credit or PAG or any account bumps, but lounge access and late checkout and sometimes a room upgrade was normal (not within the program rules but a property prerogative and greatly appreciated).
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:11 pm

Just logged into my account and noticed this:

And this:

Last edited by blackhat_3_6; Aug 18, 2018 at 3:18 pm Reason: Added 1st picture

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.