Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CJKatl
There is a difference between your not liking the facts and the actual facts. I have seen what is on the site and have quoted the T&Cs, neither one of which back up LTPP getting PP benefits. Members.Marriott also starkly excludes this statement which is included for the other levels. Can you show me a single fact backing up LTPP getting PP benefits? Anything from Marriott making this promise? Anything more than your assumption? Or that you remember someone posting that a blogger posted she has a friend at Marriott who swears something is true even if you cannot find the post now?

I would be happy to be wrong here, but no facts point to LTPP getting PP benefits other than a shared name, and we know Marriott reuses names way too often.
Occam’s Razor. Common sense. [Comment removed by moderator.]

You castigated another poster repeatedly for suggesting that combining accounts may preclude the ability to combine MR and SPG stats for LT purposes. You are basically doing an equivalent thing here as said poster, raising unnecessary FUD. As I just pointed out, Marriott has told the travel bloggers they don’t have the T&Cs updated yet.

As the Plat to PP differences are already so small, as you point out (25% more points and 48 hr guarantee), it defies belief to think that annual PP qualifiers will get that but somehow LTPPs won’t.

You also point out, repeatedly, Marriott is a good and honest company. And giving LTPPs only Plat benefits would be the exact opposite of that.

You can’t have it both ways.

Last edited by bdschobel; Aug 19, 2018 at 4:12 pm Reason: No need to be insulting
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
There is a difference between your not liking the facts and the actual facts. I have seen what is on the site and have quoted the T&Cs, neither one of which back up LTPP getting PP benefits. Members.Marriott also starkly excludes this statement which is included for the other levels. Can you show me a single fact backing up LTPP getting PP benefits? Anything from Marriott making this promise? Anything more than your assumption? Or that you remember someone posting that a blogger posted she has a friend at Marriott who swears something is true even if you cannot find the post now?

I would be happy to be wrong here, but no facts point to LTPP getting PP benefits other than a shared name, and we know Marriott reuses names way too often.
Occam's razor indeed.

There seem to be two possibilities.

1: Marriott created a new lifetime level to appease the old MR lifetime platinums, who somehow would find being "lifetime platinum" in the new program insufficient. But then they decided that they would be appeased by the label alone, even as they created a new un-definition of "lifetime", where LT silver gold or platinum means that you're at that level as long as you and the program both last, but LT PP somehow doesn't. And then they decided for the first time and created benefits for the act of crossing the 75 night threshold, which creates additional IT work and expense versus just using the current status=PP for those benefits.

- Or -

2: Someone neglected to add 2 words in one spot when updating the new program T&C to reflect a previously unpublished status name.
UA-NYC and phltraveler like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by swag
Occam's razor indeed.

2: Someone neglected to add 2 words in one spot when updating the new program T&C to reflect a previously unpublished status name.
Especially because we know that in both the leaked T&C and the version currently at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi, that there are areas that have obvious errors still present.

Example: Section 4.3.e.i clearly states that the benefits of what an ambassador can do (in both leaked & current Marriott.com T&Cs) as being spelled out in section 5.8.
There is no section 5.8 in either of those documents.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Your

Originally Posted by UA-NYC

Occam’s Razor. Common sense. Having half a brain.

You castigated another poster repeatedly for suggesting that combining accounts may preclude the ability to combine MR and SPG stats for LT purposes. You are basically doing an equivalent thing here as said poster, raising unnecessary FUD. As I just pointed out, Marriott has told the travel bloggers they don’t have the T&Cs updated yet.

As the Plat to PP differences are already so small, as you point out (25% more points and 48 hr guarantee), it defies belief to think that annual PP qualifiers will get that but somehow LTPPs won’t.

You also point out, repeatedly, Marriott is a good and honest company. And giving LTPPs only Plat benefits would be the exact opposite of that.

You can’t have it both ways.
Your message is clear: You cannot point to a single fact backing up LTPP being granted PP benefits so you yell at me instead, call me names and continue to make up facts. Your argument that Marriott left this out of the T&Cs, stated something stating P benefits are the highest receivable, left this out of the promotional materials and made the same mistake on the new site are wrong and what you claim with no backup from Marriott is correct. They accidentally acted consistently in everything doing what they did not intent to do.

Again, please show a single place where Marriott promised P benefits for LTPP? Not irrational yelling at me, but a single quote. I would love to be wrong on this, but Marriott has been consistent in not stating this. They have not been deceptive, as the statements never stated we would.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Your message is clear: You cannot point to a single fact backing up LTPP being granted PP benefits so you yell at me instead, call me names and continue to make up facts. Your argument that Marriott left this out of the T&Cs, stated something stating P benefits are the highest receivable, left this out of the promotional materials and made the same mistake on the new site are wrong and what you claim with no backup from Marriott is correct. They accidentally acted consistently in everything doing what they did not intent to do.

Again, please show a single place where Marriott promised P benefits for LTPP? Not irrational yelling at me, but a single quote. I would love to be wrong on this, but Marriott has been consistent in not stating this. They have not been deceptive, as the statements never stated we would.
How ironic - so I'm the one making up facts now? It takes a bizarre, twisted leap of faith to suggest (as you are) that LTPP somehow only gets the P and not the PP part. I'm calling you out for the FUD just as you called the other poster out (rightly) for their FUD.

Here's a fact for you - "Premier Platinum" is part of the phrase "Lifetime Premier Platinum". It doesn't take a PhD to read the Marriott benefit chart (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi) and understand Marriott has already carved out the difference between qualifying for PP annually and the LTPPs...the SNA benefit.

Also, keep on hiding behind the (dated) T&Cs that clearly has been admitted by Marriott to not yet be updated.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I am imagining this is why it is showing Lifetime Platinum on the website and app and not Lifetime Platinum Premier as well. There previously, at least to my knowledge, was no Lifetime Platinum Premier level.

However, while one would understand there might be a couple of hiccups and omissions with the changeover, I feel like this integration comes across as amateurish. As of this morning, one cannot combine accounts still, and one has to be careful which account to use to make bookings to get the highest status recognized. There are discrepancies abound, and we're going back and forth debating what it all truly means. I expect Marriott Rewards to get inundated with calls when the lines open up on Monday morning.

It would have been simpler to maintain the legacy Marriott program and levels to avoid confusion - even though SPG loyalists would be howling - or go with something completely different and not reuse the names of elite tiers but with new definitions and benefits.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Majuki
I am imagining this is why it is showing Lifetime Platinum on the website and app and not Lifetime Platinum Premier as well. There previously, at least to my knowledge, was no Lifetime Platinum Premier level.

However, while one would understand there might be a couple of hiccups and omissions with the changeover, I feel like this integration comes across as amateurish. As of this morning, one cannot combine accounts still, and one has to be careful which account to use to make bookings to get the highest status recognized. There are discrepancies abound, and we're going back and forth debating what it all truly means. I expect Marriott Rewards to get inundated with calls when the lines open up on Monday morning.

It would have been simpler to maintain the legacy Marriott program and levels to avoid confusion - even though SPG loyalists would be howling - or go with something completely different and not reuse the names of elite tiers but with new definitions and benefits.
From what I see they are doing just what they said they would be doing. The messages I got were that we will get a new account number for SPG accounts and that we will be told when we would be able to combine accounts and that has not been sent yet. If your stays are in the near term, yes, you will want to pick the account with the higher status (presuming if it's a point stay you have the points in that account). They also suggested doing the combining at least three days before an upcoming stay so the changes propagate through the system.

Pretty much on mark for those that kept up with the communications.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
My Marriott account shows me as being Lifetime Plat Premier but the link for my benefits shows Plat Elite benefits only. Thinking that was a mistake but knowing the promotional materials made no promise on LTPP getting PP benefits I checked the T&Cs which state LT gets Silver, Gold and Plat benefits, so what I see on the site matches the T&Cs. How stating what is there is making up facts is beyond me, and how not accepting something that has never been stated or written exists is making up facts is beyond me, as I always though making stuff up is the definition of making stuff up.

The other poster can continue yelling at me but until we see something from Marriott indicating LTPP gets PP benefits, which I hope we do, I will go with the the site, written rules and promo materials over someone who clung to MR Gold not counting as Plat (the word used was "magical") weeks after the Lurker said that was wrong and months after the written rules made it clear Gold counted as Plat.

As much as everyone disagrees, nobody can point to a single cite backing this assumption up. While one of these could be written off as an oversight, three consistent oversights seems unlikely.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Marriott account shows me as being Lifetime Plat Premier but the link for my benefits shows Plat Elite benefits only. Thinking that was a mistake but knowing the promotional materials made no promise on LTPP getting PP benefits I checked the T&Cs which state LT gets Silver, Gold and Plat benefits, so what I see on the site matches the T&Cs. How stating what is there is making up facts is beyond me, and how not accepting something that has never been stated or written exists is making up facts is beyond me, as I always though making stuff up is the definition of making stuff up.

The other poster can continue yelling at me but until we see something from Marriott indicating LTPP gets PP benefits, which I hope we do, I will go with the the site, written rules and promo materials over someone who clung to MR Gold not counting as Plat (the word used was "magical") weeks after the Lurker said that was wrong and months after the written rules made it clear Gold counted as Plat.

As much as everyone disagrees, nobody can point to a single cite backing this assumption up. While one of these could be written off as an oversight, three consistent oversights seems unlikely.
Keep enjoying your time on Conspiracy Island! We'll all have a good laugh at your posts in hindsight.

"How funny it was for someone to insist Lifetime Platinum Premier didn't actually get Platinum Premier benefits but only Platinum"...lol
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

I am of the belief that there is much more work needed to iron out the bumps. A lot of this work was just started. I bet that if you are due a PP benefit you will get the PP benefit regardless what the websites say.

Status.Marriott.com does say:

Systems Online

Reservations, member accounts, and other major systems functionality are online at this time.

Encountering an issue not listed here?

Please submit it through our Contact Us form. Select “Marriott.com support” as your topic.
It's not uncommon to use customers as the beta test team. If you see something wrong, tell them about it. Posting on FT is not likely to get any attention of the people that can actually do anything about it.
UA-NYC and phltraveler like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I am of the belief that there is much more work needed to iron out the bumps. A lot of this work was just started. I bet that if you are due a PP benefit you will get the PP benefit regardless what the websites say.
Agreed - let the systems get updated & play out, and the T&Cs to actually get updated, vs. spreading endless FUD.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Keep enjoying your time on Conspiracy Island! We'll all have a good laugh at your posts in hindsight.

"How funny it was for someone to insist Lifetime Platinum Premier didn't actually get Platinum Premier benefits but only Platinum"...lol
You are fibbing about what I am saying. Nowhere does it say LTPP gets PP benefits. Maybe we will but so far there is no evidence we will. This is not one of those laughable situations where some fool keeps insisting the idea of MR Gs getting credit for P years is magical, although if I remember correctly as foolish that notion was posters were still mature enough not to make fun of those who made that very wrong claim.

Again, rather than attack me personally, please just show one place where Marriott promises PP benefits to LTPP. Personal attacks are no substitute for facts.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:54 am

For anyone who has not seen it the bottom shows LTPP while the level and benefits are P.

This is consistent with Terms which show LT gets Silver, Gold or Plat benefits, but no mention of PP benefits.

Lifetime Elite Status only provides a Member with Silver Elite, Gold Elite or Platinum Elite status and protection against the forfeiture of Points even if the Lifetime Elite Member is inactive. It does not prevent the Company from suspending Lifetime Elite Status or cancelling a Member’s Account. Lifetime Elite Members will receive the benefits of Silver Elite, Gold Elite or Platinum Elite Members, which are subject to change from time to time as described in section
All of this is consistent with the members.Marriott site which stated Silver, Gold and Plat received the benefits of the corresponding level but omitted the statement for PP.

One could be a mistake, but all three?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently some are clueless that the sites are going through heavy updating and nothing is current and numbers are wrong and T&Cs aren’t updated.

But of course calling it Lifetime Premier Platinum and only actually giving benefits one notch lower is the obvious answer. Really smart and super logical.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I'm showing Platinum Premier with Ambassador as a previous LTP with Marriott. I was expecting the PP, not Ambassador. I suspect it's a glitch as part of the transition. Grandfathering in the LTPPs is probably low on the priority list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.