Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XML code questions.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2007, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
XML code questions.

So what's the skinny on using XML?

It's listed as a leisure rate, but not attached to any company per se. A reply to a post of mine and some PM's suggest that this is an ID required type rate code.

I've been using it left and right in the US without ever being questioned but I'm planning to use it for a trip to Munich in the late winter/early spring. The last thing I need is to get over there and find out they're going to jack the rate 2.5x on me because I don't have an ID of some sort.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 4:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
if that is a concern, then IF you are arriving prior to CX time, just book a back up rez that you can cx at another hotel as well. If they try to backdoor you on the XML, just cancel (assuming its still cancellable) right there
Old Dec 6, 2007, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Where is it that you actually got this XML rate code in the first place?

I just booked a hotel for Downtown Chicago yesterday, and got a great rate for January, and this code (which I have never seen or heard of before) will beat that rate for the same hotel by exactly $15.00.

Please take note, it is not listed on the "STICKY" thread "Publicly Usable List of Marriott Reservation Codes" why is that? (I am quite sure that there are several publicly usable rate codes that are not listed on the "STICKY" thread list.

Last edited by USirritated; Dec 6, 2007 at 2:00 pm Reason: spelling typo
Old Dec 6, 2007, 7:53 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I did not put XML on the Reservation Codes lists as there has been a lot of confusion here over its use in the past. It sometimes brings up a Leisure Links rate that requires an ID (though in the past I don't remember any posts stating that a hotel ever actually asked for one.)

I have no problem putting it in the Reservation Codes list. But remember that the current list is a pairing down of TrojanHorse's original list. I will PM Bruce to see if he thinks there would be any issues and assuming there are none, I will put back in the list.

BTW, using the new search engine, will quickly and easily bring up the past threads discussing the XML code (including some posts where others have stated they have used the XML code outside of the US, Munich in particular, with no issues.)
Old Dec 6, 2007, 8:11 am

I've seen the XML code listed on another forum... it used to be listed here, I believe, but was found to be the Leisure Linx rate code, so they took it off. I've tried it myself in searches but in the comments it sometimes said ID required, so I have never used it.

On another note, yes, there are several publicly usable rates that aren't listed here; I think it's just because it's hard to find/keep up with every single one. Here's a couple I've found just on the Marriott website that are for various packages (it's just a matter of locating them on the Deals page):
L19, M41 (Members bonus bucks), B18, ROM (Romance), ZZ1 (stay and play), MW1 (point savers), ZH4 (family fun).

*/end lurking/*

*edit*
Oops, looks like someone posted while this was sitting. <_<;;
Old Dec 6, 2007, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
I didn't know we had a new search engine on FT. I got so used to 3 letter words not being searchable I haven't tried in a long time.

I pulled the rate off of the old master list in the sticky.

I'll probably book two other reservations that week and see what happens. There are two XML available hotels the week I'm going and I'll back those up with an LPR someplace.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by photojojo
A reply to a post of mine and some PM's suggest that this is an ID required type rate code.

I've been using it left and right in the US without ever being questioned but I'm planning to use it for a trip to Munich in the late winter/early spring. The last thing I need is to get over there and find out they're going to jack the rate 2.5x on me because I don't have an ID of some sort.
In all of my years as a Marriott customer and as a Marriott Elite in particular, I have only been asked for ID to confirm my rate on three occasions, once for a AAA rate, believe it or not, and that was easy to pull out of my wallet. The second time was in London at Marriott Grosvenor Square in 1999, while using a very particular rate (it is not a three letter code, it must be made through the rez line, it is not available all the time or at all hotels) that I continue to use to this day, and I did not have the ID in question with me at that time, but I was able to talk myself out of the problem. I have not been asked for that particular ID again, until just last month, incredibly, at the Las Vegas Ren, when I again did not have the ID with me (notice a pattern?) and it took me less than 60 seconds to talk my way out of that problem too, since the front desk clerk did not know what he was looking at on the screen, so I asked him two questions, he got flustered, and just continued with the check in. Actually, I am continually surprised that I am not even asked for my AAA card when I use the AAA rate! However, there have been several times that I have been asked for ID just to confirm who I was at check in, even when I have no special rate on my reservation, or even when I do have a rate on my reservation, and I am holding my breath, but but then they ask for no ID/documentation to confirm the rate, incredibly. I count myself lucky to be asked only three times since 1995!
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:15 am

XML and Identification might actually be pointless?

Originally Posted by psychosis
I've seen the XML code listed on another forum... it used to be listed here, I believe, but was found to be the Leisure Linx rate code, so they took it off. I've tried it myself in searches but in the comments it sometimes said ID required, so I have never used it.
Since no one actually seems to know where the "XML" rate comes from, or what it is "attached" to, it might not be a problem, because the front desk clerks probably will not know either, so they might well not know what ID to ask for to match up with "XML" anyway, so what would be the point of them asking for ID?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:20 am

Thanks for the new codes deals AND Bonus Bucks codes question!

Originally Posted by psychosis
On another note, yes, there are several publicly usable rates that aren't listed here; I think it's just because it's hard to find/keep up with every single one. Here's a couple I've found just on the Marriott website that are for various packages (it's just a matter of locating them on the Deals page):
L19, M41 (Members bonus bucks), B18, ROM (Romance), ZZ1 (stay and play), MW1 (point savers), ZH4 (family fun).
Some of those are really great rate codes psychosis, thanks for listing them here for us! Forgive me for asking something that may be obvious, but where is this "DEALS PAGE" praytell?

On the same vein, can Members Bonus Bucks codes be applied to just about any stay? Or are there reservations where applying those codes would raise particular suspicion?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:23 am

L P R?

I didn't know we had a new search engine on FT. I got so used to 3 letter words not being searchable I haven't tried in a long time.
I knew that we had a new search engine, I just did not see much difference between the new search engine and the old search engine as far as functionality. I did not like the old search engine much, and I do not like the new search engine much either!

I'll probably book two other reservations that week and see what happens. There are two XML available hotels the week I'm going and I'll back those up with an LPR someplace.
What is "LPR" or should I already know that?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by USirritated
What is "LPR" or should I already know that?
Local Promotional Rate - it pulls up all sorts of different rates, some public and some not.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Where is it that you actually got this XML rate code in the first place?
Please take note, it is not listed on the "STICKY" thread "Publicly Usable List of Marriott Reservation Codes" why is that? (I am quite sure that there are several publicaly usable rate codes that are not listed on the "STICKY" thread list.
[/FONT]
It's not on the list because it is NOT a publically available rate
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Since no one actually seems to know where the "XML" rate comes from, or what it is "attached" to, it might not be a problem, because the front desk clerks probably will not know either, so they might well not know what ID to ask for to match up with "XML" anyway, so what would be the point of them asking for ID?
Sorry but it is documented very well at the front desks
Old Dec 6, 2007, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by socrates
Sorry but it is documented very well at the front desks
Would that be at those same front desks where the desk clerks do not know about the Platinum benefits and other Marriott policies that many long time Marriott guests, and especially Elites, know better than they (the clerks) do?

It is publicly available enough that I just had the Plat rez desk insert it into one of my reservations for January, cheerfully, but told me that it is not available for another one of my reservations for next week.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Is it the same front desk clerks that don't know what to do with a premium pound or a bonus buck LOL

How about lounge access for plats if not on a club floor

yep its those same well trained front desk clerks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.