Wiki Posts
Search

XML code questions.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:27 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Originally Posted by socrates
Okay, I'll bite, what is a qualified Leisure Links account guest?"
Sorry - if you were a member of this fenced group you would be made aware of it through the appropriate channels
What's the point of being so cryptic when Marriott itself if showing the requirements... I believe OP is going to stay in Germany; here is the list of eligible companies found in Berlin Marriott XML rate rules:

Code:
Rate is only valid for employees of the following companies
Names removed by Moderator

Last edited by bdschobel; Dec 7, 2007 at 7:17 pm
Old Dec 7, 2007, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by elva
What's the point of being so cryptic when Marriott itself if showing the requirements... I believe OP is going to stay in Germany; here is the list of eligible companies found in Berlin Marriott XML rate rules:

Code:
Rate is only valid for employees of the following companies
There is no point in being so cryptic as you say elva, it is just Socrates (and maybe a couple of others) trying to be superior and throwing his (their) weight around. If that list is who is entitled to the XML rate, then there is no reason to not publish it here, except to be difficult, or cryptic, or superior, or pompous. Besides, no matter what anyone says, I guarantee you that every employee of all of those companies is not aware that they are entitled to those rates, and as a matter of fact, I would not be surprised if the CEO's of one or two of those companies was not aware of the XML rate and being entitled to use it!

Last edited by bdschobel; Dec 7, 2007 at 7:19 pm
Old Dec 7, 2007, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by USirritated
There is no point in being so cryptic as you say elva, it is just Socrates (and maybe a couple of others) trying to be superior and throwing his (their) weight around.
Some of us appreciate socrates & others' input, as they've been good FT contributors over the years. And some of us get irritated (pun intended) by those who continually repeat their stance & bash others & do it w/ bold italic fonts, as though the extra emphasis of that will make a dif to what is being said And it lends some to 'tune out'.

XML has varied requiements (in Europe quite often it's companies); in the US quite often it's leisure links, but unless you're legimitely entitled to it (and have the id to prove it), you take a chance in using it (as w/ any code you're not entitled to). If there's no description & no id required, dif story on XML. But I rarely see an XML that doesn't have some type of membership etc.

OVMV. Cheers.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 4:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest, Kimpton InTouch
There is no point in being so cryptic as you say elva, it is just Socrates (and maybe a couple of others) trying to be superior and throwing his (their) weight around. If that list is who is entitled to the XML rate, then there is no reason to not publish it here, except to be difficult, or cryptic, or superior, or pompous. Besides, no matter what anyone says, I guarantee you that every employee of all of those companies is not aware that they are entitled to those rates, and as a matter of fact, I would not be surprised if the CEO's of one or two of those companies was not aware of the XML rate and being entitled to use it!
I don't believe anyone is being cryptic. Who is eligible for the rate is probably proprietary information (based on socrate's posts) that should not be posted on public forums such as FlyerTalk, IMO.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
There is no point in being so cryptic as you say elva, it is just Socrates (and maybe a couple of others) trying to be superior and throwing his (their) weight around.
I'm not sure what I've done to offend you and to cause you to lash out as such but I do apologize for whatever I have done
Old Dec 7, 2007, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Socrates, you did nothing to offend anyone. As I said in a preceding post, your input is always appreciated. Some folks must get irritated if they don't get the answer from you that they want. Most assuredly, that is their problem not yours. Can we all agree that we have beaten this "XML" topic to death at this point?
Old Dec 7, 2007, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by waltinsocal
Socrates, you did nothing to offend anyone. As I said in a preceding post, your input is always appreciated. Some folks must get irritated if they don't get the answer from you that they want. Most assuredly, that is their problem not yours. Can we all agree that we have beaten this "XML" topic to death at this point?
as always I appreciate your comments waltinsocal however I did receive a pvt about this thread to the contray......but just to be extremely clear I am subject to a confidentality agreement and as such there is some information which quite frankly I am not willing to share - in this thread I provided an easy method everyone could use to verify if they were eligible to use the leisure links program - I'm truly sorry to the individual who believes I should go back on my word and provide further information however I've always felt we truly only have one thing in this life - it's our internal ethics and I am sorry I am not willing to loose mine
Old Dec 7, 2007, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by socrates
as always I appreciate your comments waltinsocal however I did receive a pvt about this thread to the contray......but just to be extremely clear I am subject to a confidentality agreement and as such there is some information which quite frankly I am not willing to share - in this thread I provided an easy method everyone could use to verify if they were eligible to use the leisure links program - I'm truly sorry to the individual who believes I should go back on my word and provide further information however I've always felt we truly only have one thing in this life - it's our internal ethics and I am sorry I am not willing to loose mine
With one very simple phone call, I was able to assertain the information that seems to be so confidential, but without going into specifics. There are ways to give out information, without breaking confidences, ethics, etc.

I will not be surprised if the information which I will relay is quickly contradicted by one or more other people, but I assure you that it is correct information, from an unimpeachable source, and it was obtained without any coercion, trickery, or breaking any rules.

Leisure Links and the XML rate code is for the exclusive use of a small group of large companies (I did not ask for the companies names, nor did I ask for the exact number of companies included in the group), their employees, and retirees, PLUS a VERY SELECT group of about 20 individual people who are completely separate and distinct from those large companies. The rate is not available at all hotels all of the time, and those people who are entitled to those benefits know who they are and the various details of the programs they are entitled to. I also did not ask about the exact benefits or discounts of the program. Leisure Links and XML are NOT publicly available and are not published as such, and no one other than the aforementioned has any rights to be using them. I did not feel the need to be asking any further questions.

Please notice that I did not disclose any information that would break the security or confidentiality of the Leisure Links and XML program, and it could have been explained in this way by someone else who knew about it earlier on, if they were so inclined.

Last edited by USirritated; Dec 7, 2007 at 6:03 pm Reason: added one sentence
Old Dec 7, 2007, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Please, please, please...let's not fight with each other or take sides in others' fights. That sort of thing just makes Flyertalk less useful for everyone who has to wade through the mud. And I have to do lots of editing when it gets out of hand.

Bruce
Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:46 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by photojojo
Everyone else, chill out. $20 says you don't know every policy at your respective employers, the desk staffs are no different.
I'm not going to chill when the majority of my transactions using these certs (BB, PP's, BOGO's) are processed incorrectly. You know its a problem when I have to copy every cert, and have the clerk initial it at check in.

then still at check out, the majority of my folios are wrong. This is a basic function of the front desk and their lack of knowledge or ability to process this is not acceptable. whomever said those responsible for training were correct but the FD clerk is the face of the hotel and thats who I am taking my issue with

as for the p&p's at my company, I do not know them all but I can guarantee you I know the ones that pertain to my job.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
You know its a problem when I have to copy every cert, and have the clerk initial it at check in.
Unfortunately I couldn't agree more but I do believe we are heading off topic here and am afraid Bruce will close this thread down shortly if we continue on this path
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:03 pm

Yes, I have to agree with Trojan. I have to study my folios for errors also. Upon checkout October 5 after a 6 night stay at the Amsterdam Renaissance, I was charged for 8 nights Internet, and when I went to the front desk to check out and asked for the extra nights to be removed, the clerk actually asked me to wait while she went to get permission from "my collegue."

I made a reservation for the Seattle Renaissance to begin on November 7 for two nights, on a package called Alaskan Adventure (for some very odd reason), that included a $100 Savvy Savings Certificate which I had never heard of, and breakfast for two each day, so I called the Plat rez line to inquire, and found out that Savvy Savings are the Renaissance version of Bonus Bucks. There was another issue with the nightly rate, so the rez agent had to call the hotel to get the rate stored manually, with a manager's name, at $199 per night, even though it was showing in the system at $229 for one night and $239 for the second night. When I got there, not only did the front desk clerk not know what a Savvy Savings Certificate was, but she was not able to access the notes to see the rate, and was unwilling to reach the manager or contact Plat rez to confirm, and actually suggested that I should check in anyway and get it cleared up the next day! Oh yeah, like I really wanted to take that $170 leap! About ten minutes later it got cleared up after a couple of telephone calls, but clearly, the personel did not know the hotel's own product offerings, or how to access the correct information, etc.

This sort of thing happens all too often.

However, to be fair, it is not just Marriott where it happens, I had an issue with a Platinum rez agent at US Airways the other night telling me that I was not entitled to something that I already had, and when I tried to tell her why it was correct, she put me on hold without telling me, and I was stuck listening to music for 5 minutes until she came back and apologized, explaining that she was not aware of that rule, because she was not used to booking first class passengers to Hawaii! (She said that she is mostly used to bookings to Europe! How ridiculous!) I did not hang up because I did not know what she might have done to my record if I was not there to argue the point with her.

The fact of the matter is that these people have power, and if we don't watch what they are doing, it can effect us in a bad way at times, sometimes in a way that is not so easy to correct!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
We have moved way off-topic into the realm of "what does Marriott consistently do incorrectly?" I have no problem with someone starting such a thread-- in fact, feel free to plagiarize that title -- but let's keep this one on the subject of the XML code. Thanks!

Bruce
Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I think this came about b/c of the comment that FD clerks have been instructed about this rate code.. and at least for me, the natural response was you mean like they have been instructed how to process BB's etc.. in other words, I have little confidence that FD Clerks have been instructed in anything related to the Xml code

Originally Posted by bdschobel
We have moved way off-topic into the realm of "what does Marriott consistently do incorrectly?" I have no problem with someone starting such a thread-- in fact, feel free to plagiarize that title -- but let's keep this one on the subject of the XML code. Thanks!

Bruce
Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:07 pm

I created that thread, if anyone is interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.