Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XML code questions.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by waltinsocal
Socrates has it right on the XML code regardless of what the front desk clerks are doing. When I just did a dummy booking using XML, after the rate posted I clicked on Rate Rules. It clearly brings up the criteria Socrates listed.

As someone else mentioned earlier, LPR can be just about anything under the sun. Different properties use this code for a garden variety of promos, some clearly stated as requiring a special ID, and some clearly not requiring any special ID. It's a hotel by hotel situation.

And finally, even though I am not a Marriott apologist, I seldom take shots at Marriott in this forum; however, the comments about the desk clerks having no clue about Bonus Bucks, Premium pounds and just a whole host of other stuff are all too often accurate. I had a major row in Guatemala City over Bonus Bucks at checkout, had to refuse to leave, and finally call Customer Service in the USA to get things resolved before I left. All at 0630 (And yes, my position at the time was verified by Customer Service as being absolutely correct) It is frustrating as a Platinum Premier to know more than the staff at many hotels about Marriott policies. I, unfortunately, wind up doing much of my travel on weekends, and the readers of this forum can imagine what I run into on weekends. One simply wearies of the same old stuff at too many properties where you know more than the staff. Maybe it's the same at other chains, but I really don't care if it is, since I am staying at Marriotts and I do care what it's like here. I choose Marriott because it is the best fit for my travel needs, but I get tired of arguing for my benefits. As far as I am concerned, this forum should be required reading for all GMs and Asst. GMs at each property. Perhaps then they would get a better understanding of some of the junk we put up with, and they could use the knowledge gleaned herein to better train their people. I have mentioned this forum to many several GMs and asst. GMs and they have no clue what it is about.

And finally, Socrates, I want to reiterate that your input is really appreciated, because as we all know, some of the comments and criticism of Marriott can get a bit rough at times. But as was said above, it's always the same old stuff with the front desk people, especially, God forbid, when Marriott is running a new promo or something. In my own experience on this board, some of the complaints about Marriott have been a bit ridiculous, but far, far too many of them are right on.
Although many have posted with having success with handing in the BB or PP or EB at checkout, it does clearly state in the T&Cs on back that it is to be handed over at Check-in.

Im not saying that the GUA Hotel would have handled it any different at check-in then at check-out, but at least you would have been able to deal with it w/o being rushed and having to head out and at a better hour to boot for CS in the states to be available.

Ive always handed them over when I checked in and twice had a problem but also was able to deal with it in a non-rushed state, rather then at check-out when rushing for a flight or an appointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.