Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; GT-I9210 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The property is not owned by corporate. Its owned by a local developer as their first hotel development and sign up marriott as the management company.

The land was restricted for hotel development when it is listed for sale

Last edited by ChrisLi; Aug 5, 2012 at 9:04 am Reason: Edit for Typo
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Is there more to do and see right adjacent to the JW than at the REN? I assume that the CL at the JW is on a par with the Renaissance?
There is also a park next to the JW and as you walk through the park, you will eventually get to the entrance where you take the cablecar to the "Peak". Of course, there is plenty of high end shopping at the Pacific Palace Mall that is connected to the JW.

The CL at the JW span 2 floors, but it can get packed on both floors sometimes.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
and, the JWs seafood buffet lunch/dinner, albeit expensive, isn't to shabby.......

Originally Posted by Time traveller
There is also a park next to the JW and as you walk through the park, you will eventually get to the entrance where you take the cablecar to the "Peak". Of course, there is plenty of high end shopping at the Pacific Palace Mall that is connected to the JW.

The CL at the JW span 2 floors, but it can get packed on both floors sometimes.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Question for Hong Kong hotels:
Have an event in September at the Asia World Expo Center; Sky City Marriott is sold out, already have 3 rooms there but I need 2 more rooms for co-workers. What is the closest, most convenient hotel to the Asia World Expo (other than Sky City)?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by sammyindc
... What is the closest, most convenient hotel to the Asia World Expo (other than Sky City)?
Try Hotel Novotel Hong Kong Citygate. I've stayed there once for a trade show in AsiaWorld-Expo. Not bad.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
JW or Renaissance in Hong Kong

Which is a better hotel?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold

Jw by far. Concierge lounge best ever. Great food for breakfast and evening snacks. Also at metro stop above pacific plaza shopping mall.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt

Yup JA Branded Marriott hotels are usually great.
This is no exception.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
hmm I was thinking of booking JW too. Is there anyway to select harbour view room?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
How do they treat Plats here
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
There is an extensive thread on Marriott hotels in HK that you may find helpful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...hong-kong.html
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
The JW is the way to go

Plat's are treated well. They have a good sized executive lounge (33 and 34th floor).

The lounge offers the following:

1) Breakfast. Choice of having it the lounge or the Marriott cafe. Served 6am to 10:30

2) Afternoon tea. 2pm to 4pm. Scones, sandwiches and refreshments.

3) Cocktails. 4:30pm to 8:30pm. Open bar

4) Hors d'oeuvres. 5:30pm to 8pm. Couple of hot items, good food.

5) Evenings snacks. 9pm to midnight. Cookies, sweets....desserts...
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I have not stayed at the Ren, but I rate the JW very highly and would always use it, even though some rooms are a bit small. The service, the Lounge and the pool and location are the reasons why.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex
I have not stayed at the Ren, but I rate the JW very highly and would always use it, even though some rooms are a bit small. The service, the Lounge and the pool and location are the reasons why.
They list all non-suite rooms the same size, but from the pictures they've shown, the double rooms look bigger. Or maybe they are just showing the corner double room, which is not bookable...
Old Aug 30, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by johnaalex

I have not stayed at the JW, but I rate the Ren very highly and would always use it, even though some rooms are a bit small.

But seriously, to the OP, if you are in HK for a fair that takes place at the Convention Centre in Wanchai, then the Ren is the place to stay. It is very, very nice to just walk down to the convention centre. If you are there for any other reason I would go with the JW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.