Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
This thread (post #5 from Marriott Rewards Insider) has the official announcement of changes effective later in 2018.

An earlier, speculative discussion appears in the following closed thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...tus-tiers.html
Print Wikipost

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, HH G, IHG P, Hyatt P
https://members.marriott.com/redeem/ for the new rates. Very unclear what hotels will be in what category.

Last edited by ENycSea; Apr 16, 2018 at 2:56 pm Reason: FOrmatting bad
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:56 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by getagb
Lifetime silver, gold, and platinum now require 5, 7, and 10 years of elite status. :-(
I didn't see the years of elite status specified for the new LT levels. Where are the actual requirements to attain them? Total points/spend/years elite?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:56 pm

No mention of United status.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by svo242
I see no lounge access at resorts, but it does list a breakfast offer as a possible welcome amenity (says varies by brand)...I wonder if this option will be included for resorts, St. Regis, and Ritz properties.
The full terms and conditions aren't published, but it would appear breakfast is now a choice much like SPG. It's disappointing that lounges at resorts are included. It's also disappointing but expected that lounges at Ritz-Carlton aren't included.

I think what's surprising is (1) they didn't pick better names for platinum elite, platinum premier and platinum premier with ambassador and (2) didn't include a special guaranteed benefit for ambassador above ambassador service. Even the suite upgrade guarantee isn't any different. There isn't much of a reason to get ambassador.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by lockman21
No mention of United status.
SPG members page on the site says "Crossover RewardsTM with Delta SkyMiles will continue through July 15, 2018, with all current benefits being honored through that date. We expect to have more to share on this program before July 15."

If I had to hazard a guess, I'm guessing Marriott is probably trying to court both United and Delta on this front and we'll see one of them win out.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The full terms and conditions aren't published, but it would appear breakfast is now a choice much like SPG. It's disappointing that lounges at resorts are included. It's also disappointing but expected that lounges at Ritz-Carlton aren't included.

I think what's surprising is (1) they didn't pick better names for platinum elite, platinum premier and platinum premier with ambassador and (2) didn't include a special guaranteed benefit for ambassador above ambassador service. Even the suite upgrade guarantee isn't any different. There isn't much of a reason to get ambassador.
Your24 (where you can pick the 24 hour period you want for check-in/check-out, like 9PM check-in one day and 9PM check-out the next) is now an Ambassador exclusive benefit not available to any lower tier in the new program.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Marriott's executive just said, on average, folks will get 20% more points, but of course points will be devalued (he didn't say that). He kept calling them "richer point earnings."

What he also didn't say that dynamic pricing is coming for anything above category-7.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by phltraveler
Your24 (where you can pick the 24 hour period you want for check-in/check-out, like 9PM check-in one day and 9PM check-out the next) is now an Ambassador exclusive benefit not available to any lower tier in the new program.
OK, but how many people actually use it? That's the Q.

I'd rather have Ritz-Carlton lounge access or a guaranteed suite than having access to my room for a couple hours past the 4 pm late checkout.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Surely time to ditch the except for resorts caveat? It is most annoying.
svo242 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by PHL
I didn't see the years of elite status specified for the new LT levels. Where are the actual requirements to attain them? Total points/spend/years elite?
Nights and years. Hopefully this link will work for you; bottom of page: https://members.marriott.com/benefits/
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
While there are some losers, there are certainly more gains from this. Still analyzing it but this looks pretty reasonable.

Certainly those who were crying about the sky falling have been proven wrong. FTers should not promote panic
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Main thread here members.marriott.com updated
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
THE GOOD:
- Existing Lifetime status members seem to come out okay. New LT Plat = Today's LT Gold, for the most part.
- "Main" brands like Courtyard and AC will now recognize elite status.
- Category system is still in place. They didn't go Hilton and go dynamic pricing from top to bottom. Although if it's dynamic above Cat 7, that's a bummer because that's where the most aspirational properties will be. (I guess I'm just happy they didn't turn the whole thing into a rebate program.)
- Incidentals count everywhere.

THE BAD:
- I sense a pretty big devaluation coming. Peak and non-peak always scare me, because "peak" ends up being like 8 months out of the year.
- Looks like Ritz is still OUT as far as elite benefits, as are Edition and Design.
- Can't tell if resorts are in or out?

THE UGLY:
- Travel Packages are dead.

What's the latest date we can redeem an existing TP? August sometime?
svo242 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
A big doubt: I will finish my Marriott RW Platinum Challenge in mid May 2018, reaching Platinum till 2020.
Will they honour the challenge already confirmed?
​​​​​​
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Update from Lucky's blog:

"Breakfast is being expanded to Courtyards and to resorts, and the only brands that won’t offer free breakfast are EDITION, Gaylord, Ritz-Carlton, Marriott Executive Apartments, and Marriott Vacation Club."

Great that they will keep breakfast at the St. Regis, but it seems odd to not also offer it at the Ritz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.