FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1904262-official-announcement-see-how-our-three-loyalty-programs-will-become-one-august.html)

getagb Apr 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Check out what’s changing and see how it affects you. There’ll be new benefits and Elite status tiers. Plus, you can achieve Elite status faster by adding up all of the nights you stay across our 29 brands.
https://members.marriott.com/

pitflyer Apr 16, 2018 2:25 pm

It's nice that Lifetime Gold become Lifetime Platinum in the new program, while Lifetime Platinum become Lifetime Platinum Premier. Fair!
And SPG Lifetime Gold becomes Lifetime Gold (matching their lower Gold requirements) and SPG Lifetime Platinum becomes Lifetime Platinum -- which again is fair since they generally stayed as many nights as a Marriott Lifetime Gold member.
But they fact that they have two tiers starting with Platinum.. come on.. that's a tongue twister.

hockeyinsider Apr 16, 2018 2:26 pm

And I quote:

1. COMBINE ACCOUNTS INTO ONE:
  • If you have accounts with Marriott Rewards and SPG, in August you’ll want to combine them (even if you’ve already linked them).
  • Combining accounts will create a single account and profile; and it will combine your points and Elite-night balances — so all your points and nights will work harder for you.
  • Make sure we have your current email address so we can notify you when it’s time to take this action.
2. NEW ELITE STATUS LEVELS AND BENEFITS:
  • In August, we’ll launch new Elite status levels and new benefits, including Annual Choice Benefits, Suite Night Awards, Your24TM and more. Click here to learn more.
  • Existing Elite members will continue to be Elite and will receive a new, but similar, tier level in August. See chart below.
  • Don’t forget — when you combine accounts, you could also achieve a higher Elite tier — based on combined Rewards and SPG nights stayed at any of our 29 brands, starting from January 1, 2018.
  • If you’ve previously achieved Lifetime Elite status in Rewards or SPG, you will have that Lifetime Elite status in the new program. In addition, when you combine Rewards and SPG accounts, we will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program.
  • And, if you’ve achieve Elite status in both Rewards and SPG in a single year, it will count as two years toward Lifetime status.
Rewards Elite Tier Today
Elite Tier in August
Silver Elite with 10-24 nights [BECOMES] Silver Elite
Silver Elite with 25-49 nights [BECOMES] Gold Elite
Gold Elite [BECOMES] Platinum Elite
Platinum Elite [BECOMES] Platinum Premier Elite
Platinum Elite with 100 nights and $20k in qualifying spend [BECOMES] Platinum Premier Elite with ambassador

HERE’S HOW LIFETIME TIERS WILL CHANGE IN AUGUST.
Lifetime Silver Elite [BECOMES] Lifetime Silver Elite
Lifetime Gold Elite [BECOMES] Lifetime Platinum Elite
Lifetime Platinum Elite [BECOMES] Grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite

3. NEW EARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
  • In August, you’ll be able to earn points across all brands on room rate and other incidentals that can be charged to your room, such as spa and dining. Previously, only select Rewards brands offered point earning on incidentals.
  • Also starting in August, all your stays across all 29 brands (including the addition of our SPG brands, such as St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection® and W® hotels) will earn points and Elite nights with your single account.
4. NEW REDEMPTION OPPORTUNITIES:
Free Nights:
  • Our new unified Award Chart will offer you more than 6,500 hotels across all 29 participating brands — all with no blackout dates. Redeem for overwater bungalows, former palaces and so much more.
  • In August, standard redemption rates for hotel Categories 1-7 will go live. Peak, off-peak and Category 8 redemption rates will be introduced in early 2019.
Airline Miles:
  • You’ll be able to transfer points to more than 40 airlines, including new options, such as Virgin Australia, Aegean Airlines and Air New Zealand. The new ratio will be 3 points for one mile.
  • Plus, starting in August, we’ll add 15,000 points for every 60,000 points you transfer to airline miles, providing you with a total of 25,000 miles in the airline program of your choice.
5. CREDIT CARD EARNING AND BENEFITS:
  • More points, more possibilities and more of what you love with the new Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card launching May 3.
  • See more details along with existing cards’ benefits.
Get the latest updates on:
The Marriott Rewards Credit Card (U.S.) >
The Marriott Rewards Credit Card (U.K.) >

CJKatl Apr 16, 2018 2:30 pm

Thank you for posting the link. My question is answered; Marriott LTPs will be treated as PP, not P in the new program, which means the breakfast and lounge benefits stay!

Marriott Rewards Insider Apr 16, 2018 2:30 pm

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

There certainly has been a lot of chatter recently surrounding program changes. We finally can share more information, and we’re so excited for you to be among the first to hear what we have planned! Here’s the news you’ve been so curious about:

Starting this August, SPG®, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® will become one program. Our names will stay the same until 2019, but we’ll consolidate everything else into one set of benefits to make things easier and provide more opportunities for you. More details can now be found at members.marriott.com, however here are some highlights starting in August:

Earn and redeem across the full collection of 6,500 hotels/29 brands — more hotels where you want to go.
  • Starting in August, you’ll earn 10 points per US$1 spent on eligible hotel charges (5 points per eligible US$1 at Element, Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites hotels. 2.5 points per eligible US$1 at Marriott Executive Apartments). Elite members earn even more with their bonuses.
  • For SPG members, your Starpoints balance will be multiplied by 3 in a one-time conversion in August.
  • The new consolidated free night Award Chart offers 8 Categories with off-peak, standard and peak pricing. Category 8, off-peak and peak won’t roll out until early 2019. Hotels slated for Category 8 will be in Category 7 until that point, offering a 25,000 points per night savings!
  • Over the next few days we will be adding examples of where hotels will fall within the new free night Award Chart. We’ll be sure to post again when this is live. In the meantime, you’ll be pleased to know that our move to one Award Chart offers even more value for your points, with more hotels moving down in redemption rates than up.
  • For free flights, you’ll be able to transfer points to more than 40 airlines, including new options. The new ratio will be 3 points for one mile.
  • Plus, we’ll add 15,000 points for every 60,000 points you transfer to airline miles, providing you with a total of 25,000 miles in the airline program of your choice.
Enjoy consistent Elite benefits and status recognition at all hotels across 29 brands.
  • The new Elite structure offers 5 Elite tiers and benefits.
  • Existing Elite members will continue to be Elite and will receive a new, but similar, tier level in August. You could also receive a higher Elite tier — based on your combined Rewards and SPG nights stayed at any of our 29 brands going back to January 1, 2018.
  • The new Lifetime structure offers 3 tiers and benefits.
  • If you’ve previously achieved Lifetime Elite status in Rewards or SPG, you will have that Lifetime Elite status in the new program. In addition, when you combine Rewards and SPG accounts, we will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status in August. And if you qualified for Elite status in both programs in the same year, it will count as 2 years toward Lifetime.
Simplify your experience — one account, profile, login, points balance and Elite-night balances.
  • So, if you have a SPG account and a Rewards account, you can combine them in August to consolidate your points, Elite nights and profile into one.
Seamlessly access everything through our websites and apps, and when you call Member Support.
  • For the first time you’ll be able to see your full account details and search for and book hotels across all 6,500 hotels whether you are using the SPG app or marriott.com.
Be sure to check out members.marriott.com to learn even more about what’s coming in August. There’s a lot more information there, including FAQs. As we lead up to August, we’ll continue to update the site. In the meantime, please feel free to comment here with questions and suggestions and we’ll do our best to answer all of them.

Best regards,

Marriott Rewards Insider

pvn Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm

So is this saying I can't qualify for 2019 status based on SPG stays?

hockeyinsider Apr 16, 2018 2:36 pm

BENEFITS
https://members.marriott.com/benefits/

Silver
10% bonus

Gold
25% bonus
2 pm late checkout
welcome amenity choice: Points (250 or 500), varies by brand
enhanced room upgrade (based on availability)
complimentary enhanced internet

Platinum-elite
50% bonus
2 pm late checkout
welcome amenity choice: Points (500 or 1000), Breakfast Offering or Amenity, varies by brand
enhanced room upgrade, including select suites (based on availability)
lounge access (with Breakfast at JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Autograph Collection Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien); Excludes Resorts.
annual award choice: 5 suite nights or gift option (50 nights required)

Platinum-premier
75% bonus
4pm late checkout
welcome amenity choice: Points (500 or 1000), Breakfast Offering or Amenity, varies by brand
lounge access (with Breakfast at JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Autograph Collection Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien); Excludes Resorts.
additional annual award choice: 5 suite nights or gift option (75 nights required)
48-hour guarantee

Platinum-premier ambassador
75% bonus
4 pm late checkout
​​​​​​​complimentary enhanced internet
48-hour guarantee
ambassador service
Your24

getagb Apr 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by pvn (Post 29647401)

I don't think it says that anywhere at all.

getagb Apr 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Important information for lifetime members

Starting in August, you’ll be able to qualify instantly for one of our three Lifetime tiers:
Lifetime Silver Elite, Lifetime Gold Elite and Lifetime Platinum Elite.

You can qualify for Lifetime status based on your combined Rewards and SPG nights and Elite years. If you achieved Elite status in both SPG and Rewards in one year, you’ll receive credit for two Elite years. You can also qualify via the existing criteria through December 31, 2018. When your current Elite status is higher than your Lifetime status, you’ll receive the higher-status benefits for that year.

And if you’ve previously achieved Lifetime Elite status in Rewards or SPG, you will have that Lifetime Elite status in the new program.
Lifetime silver, gold, and platinum now require 5, 7, and 10 years of elite status. :-(

meats10 Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm

I'll be LTP next month, I assume that will grandfather me into the new LTPP in August. Is that correct?

I'm getting way too hung up on the 'LTP TODAY' part.

Any thoughts for folks who will be qualifying for a new level between now and August?

svo242 Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm

I see no lounge access at resorts, but it does list a breakfast offer as a possible welcome amenity (says varies by brand)...I wonder if this option will be included for resorts, St. Regis, and Ritz properties.

CJKatl Apr 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Are we losing the fifth night free on a points redemption? I do not see it listed with the new points requirements like it used to be,

CJKatl Apr 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by meats10 (Post 29647447)
I'll be LTP next month, I assume that will grandfather me into the new LTPP in August. Is that correct?

I'm getting way too hung up on the 'LTP TODAY' part.

Any thoughts for folks who will be qualifying for a new level between now and August?

It appears whatever your status is in August determines how you will be treated, which should not depend on whether you earned the status in 1995 or in May,

jfck Apr 16, 2018 2:51 pm

I'm also wondering if one re-qualifies for platinum with 25 SPG stays before august, would the renewed status carry over in 2019 or they will only evaluate it based on total nights on Dec 31th?

pvn Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by getagb (Post 29647425)
I don't think it says that anywhere at all.

OK, this is NOT saying I CAN qualify for 2019 status based on SPG stays.

Unless I get them in by august 1st, I guess.