Are 2018 Status up yet?

Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I'm still showing as PP, but with a 12-year record low of 45 nights for 2017, I suspect I will be down to Lifetime P pretty soon.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:57 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Its not only number of nights but revenue over those total nights

Originally Posted by jjmoore
197 butt-in-bed nights in 2017 (185 revenue)... status now shows Platinum Elite ... not sure if it's an IT glitch, but I can't fathom that I missed PP after having it for the last 2 years with fewer nights per year. 2017 was the most nights in a Marriott bed than any other year in my career.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Srisarin
It’s not only number of nights but revenue over those total nights

Around $40,000
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Since PP is an unpublished level, has there been any specific announcement or other indication that Marriott is continuing PP for another year? If so, do we have reason to believe (or know) that the (re)qualification criteria are unchanged?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Since PP is an unpublished level, has there been any specific announcement or other indication that Marriott is continuing PP for another year? If so, do we have reason to believe (or know) that the (re)qualification criteria are unchanged?

I was downgraded from PP today to P.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you sure? It could be a beginning of the year IT glitch of some sort.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Are you sure? It could be a beginning of the year IT glitch of some sort.
I would hope so... last year was my highest spend year with MR as well as the most nights.

Maybe they are doing away with the status as a whole?.... no announcements to validate this speculation of mine though.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Hark! My 2018 status appears to have just posted. It's now showing my 15 nights from my credit card. However, question: I stayed in a Marriott 12/30-1/1. Shouldn't the 2 nights count towards 2018, since I checked out in 2018? It appears Marriott credited them to 2017.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by jlb3
Hark! My 2018 status appears to have just posted. It's now showing my 15 nights from my credit card. However, question: I stayed in a Marriott 12/30-1/1. Shouldn't the 2 nights count towards 2018, since I checked out in 2018? It appears Marriott credited them to 2017.
December 30 and 31 are 2017 nights. If you had nights both before and after December 31, they would have been split between years.

New Year's Eve posts to which year?

The linked thread above has some examples.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Since statuses are supposed to be valid through February, why would the status now be any different than the status on December 31, 2017? I guess if a stay on New Year's Eve was night number 10, 50 or 75 for 2017 then that would have an effect. But shouldn't all of the statuses stay the same until March 1?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Throwing this piece out there....

Someone posted a question a couple days ago which had been posted previously, so I found the old thread and posted a link. In the old thread, someone quoted a passage from the T&Cs, but when I checked the Marriott Rewards T&Cs the wording had been changed. I posted all of that in the other thread. What I didn't post: there were now references to the "Marriott Ambassador" level which I never remember seeing before. I know there is another level above PP for which if you have to ask you don't qualify, but I don't remember it being called Ambassador. Might that be the replacement for PP, being carried over from SPG, and might the qualification be more akin to the stricter secret Marriott PP requirement than the relatively easy present published requirement for that level at SPG?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:26 pm

There are some rumblings that ambassador (formally known as Concierge Elite program) is for the top 1%. However, from what i've read, it just seems like an addition of a dedicated concierge agent and also heard that non PP people participated in the program.

You can read a previous thread here about it: Marriott Ambassador vs Platinum Premier

There's even an FAQ on the program: https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...ncierge-faq.mi

Hopefully they will sort this out before they launch the new program.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jjmoore
197 butt-in-bed nights in 2017 (185 revenue)... status now shows Platinum Elite ... not sure if it's an IT glitch, but I can't fathom that I missed PP after having it for the last 2 years with fewer nights per year. 2017 was the most nights in a Marriott bed than any other year in my career.
If you've followed the PP thread(s), there is no finite line you must cross to get PP status. MR has stated it represents the top 3% of MR members, but they don't say what 3%. Is it nights, stays, spend, # of MR executives that you know? And it may include more than just one year of activity. Plus being a %, all it takes is one person to get one point more than you and you can be eliminated. PP is for the brass ring chasers, it pretty much means nothing in reality and you're lucky if any of the properties know it exists let alone higher than regular P status.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I had 177 nights total this year (140+ BIB) and it looks as though I did re-qualify for PP again. Still not sure what, why or how after being PP for 3 years running (I was demoted once back down to LTP 4 years ago, but was PP for 2 years prior to that).
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
good ?

Originally Posted by jeanie
Since statuses are supposed to be valid through February, why would the status now be any different than the status on December 31, 2017? . But shouldn't all of the statuses stay the same until March 1?
Yep, also saw the web status, BUT , glad I have the PP card that says status valid thru 02/2018. Only had 102 but in the bed &+ 19 credit card nights this year, so not expecting a full year of PP status in 2018.

Good thread to share notes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.