Are 2018 Status up yet?

Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Yipee. I logged into Marriott.com this morning to discover (1) 93 nights from 2017 rolled over to 2018 and (2) that I'm now platinum-premier. The Marriott mobile application also confirms both. As a data point, I have 534 lifetime nights and 1,667,896 lifetime points.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Yipee. I logged into Marriott.com this morning to discover (1) 93 nights from 2017 rolled over to 2018 and (2) that I'm now platinum-premier. The Marriott mobile application also confirms both. As a data point, I have 534 lifetime nights and 1,667,896 lifetime points.
Thanks for the heads up! PP renewed for 2018!! Yay UA GOLD!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by paulsalem
Unfortunately Marriott discontinued UA Gold for PPs as per communityinsiders on Marriott Insiders.

We have heard back from our team and are able to provide some more information regarding your question. Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite members who registered in 2017 for the Elevated Status offer to receive MileagePlus Premier Gold will be renewed in 2018 at MileagePlus Premier Silver.
  • Registered Marriott Rewards Platinum and higher Elite members receive United® MileagePlus® Premier® Silver status in 2018.
  • Registered United MileagePlus Premier Gold and higher members receive Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status in 2018.

We hope this helps clarify!

Cheers,
Julia
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by edcho
Unfortunately Marriott discontinued UA Gold for PPs as per communityinsiders on Marriott Insiders.
Crap. Well in my experience UA Gold was the only thing that made any difference between PP and P. Once I hit LP in 34 nights I'm throwing my loyalty out the window. Keep up the good work Marriott.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
It would be nice if it eliminated Marriott gold for United then.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:17 am

It would be nice if it eliminated Marriott gold for United then.
Would Be... seems very lopsided partnership but I wasn't at the table. Maybe Marriott gets something in return that we don't see.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:41 am

I just called the PP line to voice my displeasure. The very nice lady on the phone did not know about this, and called her supervisor, who then called the supervisor of the UA program and they were all unaware of this change. So hopefully this communitymangers team is wrong.
voweffekt likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
5 Years of Platinum, no Platinum premier for me again. 140 nights last year, but 40 were from events and credit card.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:51 am

I just called the PP line to voice my displeasure. The very nice lady on the phone did not know about this, and called her supervisor, who then called the supervisor of the UA program and they were all unaware of this change. So hopefully this communitymangers team is wrong.
Unfortunately CM generally seems to know more than agents themselves.

However, we can always wait and see as well.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:54 am

Unfortunately CM generally seems to know more than agents themselves.

However, we can always wait and see as well.
Ah bummer, thanks for the info. They opened a case, so I should hear back in a few days. I'll post here what I find out.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I thought 2017 status was good for a little while longer, sadly signed in this morning to see I was downgraded from PP to Plat
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by njcommodore
I thought 2017 status was good for a little while longer, sadly signed in this morning to see I was downgraded from PP to Plat
Not necessarily. I have been PP for years. Despite this, the new site has been showing "platinum elite" for me ever since they first started monkeying with it, and the old site still lists me as "platinum premier." Though my nights/points have reset for 2018, I have not seen any status change on either site. It is quite possible that you are experiencing the same glitch.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Yep, that was it. Still PP on the old site.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:55 pm

How do you know you are renewed for PP this year? If you were already PP last year the site would not change until the end of Feb. when statuses normally expire (or in this case stay the same if you renewed again). The only reason hockeyinsider knows is because he was platinum all along and status changed.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
If I remember correctly, the PP box kits usually arrive around the end of Jan / first week of Feb. That's the only indication I ever receive that I have made the status. Website and phone app both showing PP.... IT glitches continue as I see status change almost every other day down to P, then back to PP. Marriott needs to be better about notifying those that have achieved PP status (even though it means nothing as far as an increased level of perks).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.