Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Marriott sure makes it hard to register. It is not listed as a new promotion that is available for registration in my account, and when I go find the registration webpage through the big news release the company posted yesterday, I get

"We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
•You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
•You are not eligible for this promotion
•This promotion has expired"

I guess I'll wait some more to see if they ever get the kinks worked out. My first stay is not for 10+ days.

Yep exactly the same error. The poor staff on the phone here in China said she has been getting the same feedback from all of us here all day and apologized for the website issues.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:31 pm

Does Marriott send an e-mail confirmation of the registration? I have registered but not had any confirmation from them - so I don't want to be told after my stays that I did not register (:
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: MR rewards
Originally Posted by puchong
Does Marriott send an e-mail confirmation of the registration? I have registered but not had any confirmation from them - so I don't want to be told after my stays that I did not register (:
No need just press on the register under promotion and you we'll be fine ..👍🏼
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think all the major programs give benes on award redemptions and free night certs.
IHG is hit-or-miss in this regard-- and mostly miss. Many hotels have proudly told me they do not provide elite benefits on award stays.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:14 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Same here, can't sign up even though I have the link on my app and on my profile....

Left a message on their FB page, got a reply asking me to message them my membership number so that they can sign me up manually..... messaged them but nobody is replying, besides the automatic messages....

have a stay next week so I hope to get this fixed ASAP....
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Same here, can't sign up even though I have the link on my app and on my profile....

Left a message on their FB page, got a reply asking me to message them my membership number so that they can sign me up manually..... messaged them but nobody is replying, besides the automatic messages....

have a stay next week so I hope to get this fixed ASAP....
The app didn't work for sign up on my phone. Was able to sign up on my iPad.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I got errors on direct links but it worked when I went through marriott.com and logged in, and then clicked Promotions and saw the megabonus on the page and clicked register.

Since I already have a cat 5 cert coming from my Marriott Visa, guess I will be getting some quality time at an average Marriott hotel. Due to category creep every year the hotel I stay at is a cat 6 the next year ... was able to get courtyards, now getting fairfield inns for my free stay. Soon it will be 'poor'field inns for me...
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
From my observation, if they had just made it a category 6 ceiling that would have made quite a bit of difference in terms of the quality of hotels available.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
From my observation, if they had just made it a category 6 ceiling that would have made quite a bit of difference in terms of the quality of hotels available.
Isn't that what everyone said when the certs had a category 4 ceiling? When did the certs cap last change?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Understand the frustration with inability to use the Cat 5's, especially for purely domestic travelers, but these are worth on average $100-125 - which is not a bad bonus at all for just two stays.
sdsearch and synergistic like this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:19 pm

While I'd rather have a Cat5 equivalence of points, Kacee is right - this is quite a bonus for just two single night stays. I've hotel hopped for far less...
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It's not the financial benefit I'm talking about, but that in my looking around for availability Cat 6 opens up more property choices.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Marriott sure makes it hard to register. It is not listed as a new promotion that is available for registration in my account, and when I go find the registration webpage through the big news release the company posted yesterday, I get

"We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
•You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
•You are not eligible for this promotion
•This promotion has expired"

I guess I'll wait some more to see if they ever get the kinks worked out. My first stay is not for 10+ days.
This is what I got when trying with the app. No promotion listed on the website to try.

Had to make a phone call.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Does any one knows if this is stackable with the Free Nights for new members promotion? So if I would get two free nights after two stays?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Of course. I'm sure there are plenty more cats 5s at many other 'places most people don't want to go to to spend their award' too.
I'm self-employed and pay for my own business travel; while most here (me, too) would like to use their Cat-5s for leisure instead, these will save me $$ (as I'm frequently in markets where even FIs are as much as $300/nt) ... strokes for folks I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.