Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Badges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I think the badges are intended for the kind of people who stay at Moxy.

Speaking of which...where's my Moxy badge? My 2nd stay just posted...and no badge.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
+1 Bang-on, all you mockers! I was one of the mockers from the get-go. I concluded immediately that a 25-point "bonus" was ridiculous & insulting. It reminds me of my 1993 stay at a Red Roof Inn in suburban Detroit where I deposited my business card into their fishbowl. A few weeks later, I got a letter announcing that I had won 3rd Prize: A $2 (two dollar) discount on my next stay there ! Which would let me "give your [my] wallet a rest." I showed the letter to several friends. We all laughed better than at some comedy clubs !
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My idea: use the badges as Gold/Plat upgrade tie-breakers!!

I know...I know...I just implied that Golds and Plats actually *get* upgrades. Work with me here...
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:41 pm
htb
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Horace
They're really just for the fun of it. The badges are an opportunity for Marriott Rewards members to "collect" something.
But nobody should be insulted by the badges. The badges are not a major part of the program.
It would have helped to enjoy the badges if they hadn't put 25 pt stickers to them. 25 pt basically cries out "we are laughing at you". No points would have been better.

HTB.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by htb
It would have helped to enjoy the badges if they hadn't put 25 pt stickers to them. 25 pt basically cries out "we are laughing at you". No points would have been better.

HTB.
That sums it up quite well. Or something tangible like a free night cert for completing the entire program.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:38 am

I thought it was discontinued:

As of May 5, 2017, members can no longer earn Badges. Previously earned Badges can be accessed through the “Bonus” dropdown within Account Activity.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by randomdude

As of May 5, 2017, members can no longer earn Badges. Previously earned Badges can be accessed through the “Bonus” dropdown within Account Activity.
Hmmm - Where did you see this posted or was it an e-mail? I received my badge for Autograph Collection Hotels on May 12th.

David
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:50 am

Sooooooo...they spent the time and effort to build the page and roll out the program, and now it's dead?

Now I *really* want to file a missing points request for my 25-point Moxy badge.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Hmmm - Where did you see this posted or was it an e-mail? I received my badge for Autograph Collection Hotels on May 12th.

David
from their FAQ

Last edited by randomdude; Jun 27, 2017 at 9:33 am Reason: URL formatting
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

David
from their FAQ
Wow. OK - not sure then how my stay on May 9th then credited me with a badge on May 12th.

So much for collecting my next belt buckle, I mean badge.

David
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite

Interesting. I was not aware of that. You're right!

The folks who felt insulted by this game got their wish.

http://www.marriott.com/help/rewards-faqs.mi (then search the FAQ for badges)

I guess that explains why Marriott never bothered to add Moxy and Delta.

I've ended this game with just seven badges. Most of my stays are at a just a few brands. But I have one stay at a bunch of other brands, so I was positioned to earn additional badges with each stay at one of those brands.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I got the Renaissance badge and points on June 21st.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Bang-on, Htb & Joshua!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Wow. OK - not sure then how my stay on May 9th then credited me with a badge on May 12th.
You're not alone. I earned a badge on May 30 for a stay a few days earlier. Looks like some at MR haven't read the FAQ.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I earned my Autograph Collection badge on June 24.

????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.