Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Cancellation Policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
There are still some properties in the US that haven't made the switch. I just booked one that offered 3pm day prior cancellation listed in their T&C's and my email conf.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pokee
...or force pre-paying for rooms!
I'm surprised that they didn't consider the effect on pre-paying. I just switched to a pre-pay just before I would have been locked in by the cancellation policy. And why not?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Actually, I would like to see the hotel guarantee my reservation and room. If I have to cancel two or three days before check-in then they should have to do the same if they are going to be overbooked. How long before a hotel has to drag someone out the building because the person's booked room isn't available?
That will never happen simply because a hotel cannot stop an existing guest from extending their stay. The guest may end up paying a lot more for the extension, but no hotel is going to volunteer to lock themselves into a reservation guarantee.

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
There are still some properties in the US that haven't made the switch. I just booked one that offered 3pm day prior cancellation listed in their T&C's and my email conf.
Some properties have more lenient cancellation policies for award stays. Tysons Corner Marriott lets you cancel by 6 pm on day of arrival for an award stay while a paid stay needs 3 days before arrival.

This is not a Marriott brand property, but the Hampton Inn in Clackamas, OR still lets you cancel by 6 pm on day of arrival for paid and award stays. That property used to be real good for point and cash stays when you could get them for $40+tax and 8k Hilton points under the old points and cash with Hilton. They are customer friendly, put out a better breakfast than most Hampton properties and often sell out.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:59 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by olouie
Following airline model slowly. Over time it will be extra charges for higher floors, extra pillows, early check in, late check out, wake up calls, towels etc =p All due to customer feedback and demand.
If they do this airbnb will really be the winners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.