Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Do I earn Marriott points if i book through AmEx FHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:42 am
Original Poster

I believe rate booked via AmEx FHR should still qualify to earn Marriott points. I booked a Ritz Carlton via AmEx FHR, and I called Marriott to add my Marriott number to the reservation, but, while the agent on the phone was able to put my Marriott number into my reservation, she also told me that my platinum status will be recognized, but will not be earning any Marriott Rewards points since it's not booked directly with Marriott. Is she wrong (maybe she's just not that familiar with FHR)...??
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Yes. I earn them all of the time with FHR. But, they are earned on the "room" portion of the package-which is impossible to figure out in advance. Going forward, there is a field on the FHR website to add a loyalty number. FHR agents will do so also. When you arrive, confirm its there. You should get a Plat arrival gift (1000 points) if eligible. Never had an issue-except when I had more than one room booked. Then I had to work with property for proper credit.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
The only gray area for earning MR points is on pre-paid rates. FHR is similar to a corporate rate which includes additional benefits (this is why AMEX doesn't award 5x on these bookings). Points should be credited once your MR number is on the reservation.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Yes. I earn them all of the time with FHR. But, they are earned on the "room" portion of the package-which is impossible to figure out in advance. Going forward, there is a field on the FHR website to add a loyalty number. FHR agents will do so also. When you arrive, confirm its there. You should get a Plat arrival gift (1000 points) if eligible. Never had an issue-except when I had more than one room booked. Then I had to work with property for proper credit.

I booked two rooms (one room per reservation, both with FHR under my name with Platinum status), do I earn MR points on both reservation?

I entered my MR number in FHR reservation form online, but my MR number is not in the reservation, I had to call AmEx FHR to get the actual marriott ritz carlton confirmation number and call marriott Platinum phone line to have MR agent put my MR number in both reservations. (Marriott website didn't allow me to enter my MR number, maybe it's a special rate.)
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I get SPG points when I book through AMEX FHR. Can't say for Marriott as I haven't seen that many properties on FHR.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I booked two rooms (one room per reservation, both with FHR under my name with Platinum status), do I earn MR points on both reservation?

I entered my MR number in FHR reservation form online, but my MR number is not in the reservation, I had to call AmEx FHR to get the actual marriott ritz carlton confirmation number and call marriott Platinum phone line to have MR agent put my MR number in both reservations. (Marriott website didn't allow me to enter my MR number, maybe it's a special rate.)
Yes, you can earn points for up to three rooms per stay-but elite nights (towards status) for one room.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not if it's the RC Millenia in Singapore
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Not if it's the RC Millenia in Singapore
Well, the hotel itself, has to participate in MR program.... RC Phulay Bay also won't give points. Couple of others too.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:01 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
I got points when I booked RC through FHR. They had me listed as a MR member when I signed in at the desk. I guess the two emails are the same (one AMEX sent and one I use for MR) so they matched it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.