Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

The property now provides $15/person credit in the restaurant, which will basically cover cereal & coffee.

Per Flyman:

They don't have the Executive Lounge while they have Executive Level rooms. What they have is an office-style galley on near the elevators on the Executive Level (15/16th floor) where you'll find coffee machine (powdered, not real milk), filtered room-temp water, whole fruit, and snack. In the mornings, they place ONE type of pastry (muffin/donut) and 1 type of juice - their version of continental breakfast. Plat/Gold can get to those floors (if your room is not on the Exec Level) by swiping your room key in the elevator.

The bar has happy hours everyday (4:30-6:30p), and seems to be popular with non-hotel guests as well.

Caution: make sure you get the room type you booked. FDM says there are errors between what Marriott shows for room types and what the hotel actually has.

TIP: From guest room elevator, don't take the elevator to the floor that says 'retail' it's not the ground and is currently a hallway with linens and storage, no way to exit to street. To exit the hotel go to lobby level (2nd) then take escalator to street.

TIP: Kona Coffee Purveyors is a great spot for coffee and pastries (sweet & savory). Exit the hotel and turn right. Just a few doors down, in front of the International Marketplace.

This email should work for contacting the hotel/requests:

[email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by izzik
I don't know why they changed the name.. but it's now The Laylow, not The Okina.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get the mod to change the thread title.

Cheers.
Dreamlifter likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
They are taking reservations for a bit earlier than Apr 1-- at least as early as Mar 26.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:17 pm

Will be there for one night on April 21st.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Rifleman69
Will be there for one night on April 21st.
Please report back. Thanks.

The first ten reviews on Tripadvisor are all "Excellent (5)." That's a good start for The Laylow, Autograph Collection.

The hotel's name seems odd to me.

Then again, the pre-opening name (The ʻOkina, Autograph Collection) seemed odd to me too. Why would a hotel be named after a glottal stop and the a punctuation mark that denotes it (even if ʻokina is a Hawaiian word)?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:34 pm

Here now, place is nice and clean. Taxi drivers forgot it got renamed, I think he called it the original name first when I told him where we were going to.

Two king bedroom is nice, they're doing major construction around this hotel so it's not quiet during the day, added on the breakfast option on hotels.com which includes an entree each plus non-alcoholic drink for $10....can't complain!

Price is cheaper than many hotels around here too.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott titanium elite, Hilton Diamond
I just changed my booking from the Marriott waikiki beach resort to this hotel in July,
fingers crossed I made the correct choice.

Looks like this one has a lounge and obviously is new, which has helped sway me so far.
Kids will now have to walk 6 minutes to the beach though, which is a negative.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by sutho
I just changed my booking from the Marriott waikiki beach resort to this hotel in July,
fingers crossed I made the correct choice.

Looks like this one has a lounge and obviously is new, which has helped sway me so far.
Kids will now have to walk 6 minutes to the beach though, which is a negative.
Poor kids. lol Head east out of the hotel, it's much faster to the beach.

The lounge is nice, not sure how covered all of it is but will know at breakfast!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Poor kids. lol Head east out of the hotel, it's much faster to the beach.

The lounge is nice, not sure how covered all of it is but will know at breakfast!
Keep us posted and enjoy
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:20 am

There's a fun and delicious Japanese noodle restaurant across Kuhio Ave from The Laylow, Autograph Collection. It's called Marukame Udon. The udon noodles are made from scratch in-house in front of you.

Lines often go out the door, but the line moves. When you get inside, you go down a short cafeteria-style line with tray. There's a menu with various preparations of the noodles. You can add items like shrimp tempura and vegetable tempura. Then, there's indoor seating where you can sit down wth your delicious meal.

Normally, I would not post a restaurant review on this forum, but this is a case where the location of a restaurant enhances the location of a hotel.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:55 am

Let me know if anyone wants a breakfast menu from the Laylow, thought I posted it originally but can't find it.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:23 am

Let me know if anyone wants a breakfast menu from the Laylow, thought I posted it originally but can't find it.
I'd be very interested in how The Laylow, Autograph Collection is handling the lounge/breakfast benefit for Gold and Platinum guests.

Where do Gold and Platinum members go for breakfast? What choices are there? Is there good fresh fruit, considering that it's Hawaii? Good Hawaiian coffee?

Please also post to MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends, so that Sharon can update the list.

If I were choosing between the two full-service Marriott properties on Waikiki, the lounge/breakfast benefit would be an important factor in my decision.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Horace
There's a fun and delicious Japanese noodle restaurant across Kuhio Ave from The Laylow, Autograph Collection. It's called Marukame Udon. The udon noodles are made from scratch in-house in front of you.
Marukame is a treasure, and proximity is one of the real benefits of staying on the south end of Waikiki.

The tempura is also excellent.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
So what's the verdict Is the Laylow a solid alternative ?
Old May 2, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Marukame is a treasure, and proximity is one of the real benefits of staying on the south end of Waikiki.

The tempura is also excellent.
Agreed completely. One reason to stay at this hotel, especially if you're short on time in Honolulu!
Old May 2, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Horace
Then again, the pre-opening name (The ʻOkina, Autograph Collection) seemed odd to me too. Why would a hotel be named after a glottal stop and the a punctuation mark that denotes it (even if ʻokina is a Hawaiian word)?
They should have just named it "ʔ"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.