Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Up to 50,000 AAdvantage Miles from Marriott Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

I recently received an e-mail offer from AAdvantage with what it calls a "MegaMiles" promotion in conjunction with Marriott:
To earn up to 50,000 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles:

Register by March 31, 2015
Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2015
Earn 2,500 bonus miles every other paid stay*, starting with the second stay — up to 50,000 bonus miles
It's nice to see Marriott and American working together again.

(I don't know if this offer is targeted.)
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:55 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Was there a link to the offer and/or do you see it in your online offers page when you login?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:14 am

Just google Marriott Megamiles and you can register for it.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:47 am
Original Poster

You may not see the offer if your earning preference is listed as "points".

However, I suppose you could switch the preference to "miles" and choose AA (you can always switch back after finishing the promotion), or call Marriott Rewards to see if they can register you manually.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
MegaMiles is just the counterpart promotion to "MegaBonus," isn't it?

You get a megamiles promotion if you're a mile earner, or a megabonus (points) promotion if you're a points earner.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:27 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsucool76
You get a megamiles promotion if you're a mile earner, or a megabonus (points) promotion if you're a points earner.
You are probably correct. I just wasn't thinking it through completely.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jsucool76
MegaMiles is just the counterpart promotion to "MegaBonus," isn't it?

That's how I read it. You have to set your earnings preference to miles (not points) to use this promo with AA or the comparable UA promo; you have to select points (not miles) to earn MR's MegaBonus.

I figure for some people the AA/UA promo delivers better value than MR's MegaBonus. For me, I believe I'll stick with MR points.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

US Air joins the party

US Air has joined AA and United:
To earn up to 50,000 bonus Dividend MilesŽ miles:

Register by March 31, 2015
Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2015
Earn 2,500 bonus miles every other paid stay*, starting with the second stay, up to 50,000 bonus miles
Can Delta and SkyPesos be far behind?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Etihad As Well

I got the same email from Etihad touting 50k miles from MR MegaBonus. My MR account is set to points only earning so I dont think airlines are aware of your preferences before sending this promotion.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:22 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Counsellor
US Air has joined AA and United:

Can Delta and SkyPesos be far behind?
I received an e-mail message from Delta Air Lines yesterday with an offer identical to the other airlines.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:20 am

Can I change my preference and sign up instantly? Even though I am signed up for megabonus points promo.

Promo doesnt start till feb 1, so I thinking of switching on Jan 30, any experience?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Can I change my preference and sign up instantly? Even though I am signed up for megabonus points promo.

Promo doesnt start till feb 1, so I thinking of switching on Jan 30, any experience?
I switched my preference to miles, and then went back to the link I received via email and signed up. So I am signed up for both, megamiles and megapoints. I haven't decided which one to stick with or to switch back and forth. I have probably will have four stays during the promotional period.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaaria
I switched my preference to miles, and then went back to the link I received via email and signed up. So I am signed up for both, megamiles and megapoints. I haven't decided which one to stick with or to switch back and forth. I have probably will have four stays during the promotional period.
If this is like promotions some years ago, it's your most recent preference that controls. If I recall correctly, some folks posted that they finished qualifying for their MegaBonus and then switched over to the miles promotion and did that one.

So, I don't know whether you can switch back and forth, but I'm pretty sure you can't use the same stay for both promotions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.