FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Up to 50,000 AAdvantage Miles from Marriott Stays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1648054-up-50-000-aadvantage-miles-marriott-stays.html)

Counsellor Jan 21, 2015 8:53 am

Up to 50,000 AAdvantage Miles from Marriott Stays

I recently received an e-mail offer from AAdvantage with what it calls a "MegaMiles" promotion in conjunction with Marriott:

To earn up to 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles:

Register by March 31, 2015
Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2015
Earn 2,500 bonus miles every other paid stay*, starting with the second stay — up to 50,000 bonus miles
It's nice to see Marriott and American working together again.

(I don't know if this offer is targeted.)

hhoope01 Jan 21, 2015 8:55 am

Was there a link to the offer and/or do you see it in your online offers page when you login?

0limits Jan 21, 2015 9:14 am

Just google Marriott Megamiles and you can register for it.

Counsellor Jan 21, 2015 9:47 am

You may not see the offer if your earning preference is listed as "points".

However, I suppose you could switch the preference to "miles" and choose AA (you can always switch back after finishing the promotion), or call Marriott Rewards to see if they can register you manually.

jsucool76 Jan 21, 2015 10:26 am

MegaMiles is just the counterpart promotion to "MegaBonus," isn't it?

You get a megamiles promotion if you're a mile earner, or a megabonus (points) promotion if you're a points earner.

hhoope01 Jan 21, 2015 10:27 am

Originally Posted by jsucool76 (Post 24208029)
You get a megamiles promotion if you're a mile earner, or a megabonus (points) promotion if you're a points earner.

You are probably correct. I just wasn't thinking it through completely.

darthbimmer Jan 21, 2015 11:27 am

Originally Posted by jsucool76 (Post 24208029)
MegaMiles is just the counterpart promotion to "MegaBonus," isn't it?

That's how I read it. You have to set your earnings preference to miles (not points) to use this promo with AA or the comparable UA promo; you have to select points (not miles) to earn MR's MegaBonus.

I figure for some people the AA/UA promo delivers better value than MR's MegaBonus. For me, I believe I'll stick with MR points.

Counsellor Jan 21, 2015 2:44 pm

US Air joins the party

US Air has joined AA and United:

To earn up to 50,000 bonus Dividend Miles® miles:

Register by March 31, 2015
Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2015
Earn 2,500 bonus miles every other paid stay*, starting with the second stay, up to 50,000 bonus miles
Can Delta and SkyPesos be far behind?

dc2005b Jan 22, 2015 7:55 am

Etihad As Well

I got the same email from Etihad touting 50k miles from MR MegaBonus. My MR account is set to points only earning so I dont think airlines are aware of your preferences before sending this promotion.

Canarsie Jan 23, 2015 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor (Post 24209613)
US Air has joined AA and United:

Can Delta and SkyPesos be far behind?

I received an e-mail message from Delta Air Lines yesterday with an offer identical to the other airlines.

vrbaba Jan 23, 2015 7:20 am

Can I change my preference and sign up instantly? Even though I am signed up for megabonus points promo.

Promo doesnt start till feb 1, so I thinking of switching on Jan 30, any experience?

kaaria Jan 23, 2015 10:42 am

Originally Posted by vrbaba (Post 24219622)
Can I change my preference and sign up instantly? Even though I am signed up for megabonus points promo.

Promo doesnt start till feb 1, so I thinking of switching on Jan 30, any experience?

I switched my preference to miles, and then went back to the link I received via email and signed up. So I am signed up for both, megamiles and megapoints. I haven't decided which one to stick with or to switch back and forth. I have probably will have four stays during the promotional period.

Counsellor Jan 24, 2015 8:33 am

Originally Posted by kaaria (Post 24220768)
I switched my preference to miles, and then went back to the link I received via email and signed up. So I am signed up for both, megamiles and megapoints. I haven't decided which one to stick with or to switch back and forth. I have probably will have four stays during the promotional period.

If this is like promotions some years ago, it's your most recent preference that controls. If I recall correctly, some folks posted that they finished qualifying for their MegaBonus and then switched over to the miles promotion and did that one.

So, I don't know whether you can switch back and forth, but I'm pretty sure you can't use the same stay for both promotions.