Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Register for Fall 2013 MegaBonus by November 15, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Initial list copied from post 82. Please add any additional alternate offers you may have gotten.

Marriott has now announced the 2013 Megabonus Promotion and you are able to sign up immediately. From what I can tell here are the options available to you though you will already be assigned to one of these options when you sign into your Marriott account. Option 1 is open to anyone.

1. Free night category 1-5 certificate for every two stays. Maximum of two free night certificates.

2. 25,000 bonus points after 15 nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights for total of 40,000 bonus points for 20 nights.

3. 25,000 bonus points after 12 nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 18 paid nights for total of 40,000 bonus points for 18 nights.

4. 35,000 bonus points after 20 nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 25 paid nights for total of 50,000 bonus points for 25 nights.

You can also sign up at MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus2013.
Print Wikipost

Register for Fall 2013 MegaBonus by November 15, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by CJKatl
@mooper - I'm sorry I went back and posted Marriott's answer. Under your rational, it's okay to rob a bank because you can, shoot someone because you can or run over puppies because you can.
No need to apologize for posting the answer; you should apologize for having misled us regarding what it referred to. As laid out above in detail, it's now clear that your repeated analogies of fraud and robbery were grossly off base. Anyone wishing to maximize the Megabonus free nights by utilizing multiple accounts without the account holder staying needs to recognize that Marriott's rules say they won't post the nights. However, they can also rest assured that staying under another account (such as a spouse's) is perfectly acceptable and maybe they'll get lucky and Marriott will be lax with their rule. This type of scenario is largely what FT is about, after all.

Per the other, more useful discussion, has anyone yet tried a dummy booking of four free night certs online to see if it is coded to allow for for five?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Do timeshare nights (as an owner) count as one stay towards the two stays one free night Megabonus?

I know that they do count towards elite nights.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Elite nights that appear as non-stay nights in her account do not qualify for this promotion. Incidental credit, redemption stays and timeshare owner stays during a designated owner week are not eligible for promotion credit. Also, stays in ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartment properties are not eligible for promotion credit.
source - MRs

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Do timeshare nights (as an owner) count as one stay towards the two stays one free night Megabonus?

I know that they do count towards elite nights.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:18 pm

CJ and BKKLEE, I hope you write a check to the government each time your needle goes over 55. Obviously it is against the law. Just wasn't enforced. Doesn't mean you shouldn't pay the fine.

Ever bought something at a garage sale? Did you then fill out and send in sales tax? How about something bought on line. You are by law required to pay sales tax to the state for these purchases. It just isn't enforced. Have you been doing so?

I don't know how you sleep at night with so much guilt.

Better look up some barbed wire lashing equipment for sale, and of course pay your sales tax when ordering on line.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:01 pm
Suspended

I sleep very well, thank you, but see absolutely no relevance between your comments and its application to Marriott Rewards and/or a Marriott property, or was that the intent, just publishing "hot air"???????

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
CJ and BKKLEE, I hope you write a check to the government each time your needle goes over 55. Obviously it is against the law. Just wasn't enforced. Doesn't mean you shouldn't pay the fine.

Ever bought something at a garage sale? Did you then fill out and send in sales tax? How about something bought on line. You are by law required to pay sales tax to the state for these purchases. It just isn't enforced. Have you been doing so?

I don't know how you sleep at night with so much guilt.

Better look up some barbed wire lashing equipment for sale, and of course pay your sales tax when ordering on line.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
I sleep very well, thank you, but see absolutely no relevance between your comments and its application to Marriott Rewards and/or a Marriott property, or was that the intent, just publishing "hot air"???????
Someone asks a relevant question and you go on bloviating with hypocritical self righteous accusations. Keep your juvenile moral sermons to yourself or post them in a forum where that is the topic.

You don't pay sales tax on your online purchases and are fine with it, because it isn't enforced. Someone else is fine with staying at a Marriott when wife is the one who did the reservation because Marriott doesn't enforce T&C. What you do is fine with you but what someone else does makes you think you need to give a moral reprimand.

At least in this virtual world you can be ignored which is what we all should do. Nothing more coming from me on this.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
OK, let's get back on topic, please. (Fall Megabonus, in case you forgot.) If necessary, I will stop this side-tracking by deleting posts.

Bruce
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:37 pm
Suspended

since you wish to discuss tax liability which is actually applicable to the MegaBonus --
10.Rewards Program Points, Miles and Rewards earned through participating in the Rewards Program may be subject to tax liability. Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of Rewards Program Points, Miles or Rewards or is the sole responsibility of the Member.
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
Someone asks a relevant question and you go on bloviating with hypocritical self righteous accusations. Keep your juvenile moral sermons to yourself or post them in a forum where that is the topic.

You don't pay sales tax on your online purchases and are fine with it, because it isn't enforced. Someone else is fine with staying at a Marriott when wife is the one who did the reservation because Marriott doesn't enforce T&C. What you do is fine with you but what someone else does makes you think you need to give a moral reprimand.

At least in this virtual world you can be ignored which is what we all should do. Nothing more coming from me on this.

Last edited by BKKLEE; Sep 27, 2013 at 8:43 pm
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
OK, we're done now. Really. Back on topic.

Bruce
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH D, MR Plat, SPG G
Originally Posted by bdschobel
OK, let's get back on topic, please. (Fall Megabonus, in case you forgot.) If necessary, I will stop this side-tracking by deleting posts.

Bruce
Please do....
Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Data point for the FT gang...

I was one of the folks who had to call up last quarter to get the promo added to my account. They said I had the 20 nights/35K etc. bonus, but would be happy to let me switch to 4 stays/2 nights (I mentioned this). They gave me the previously reported spiel about manually fixing the bonus after the promo ended.

I accepted, got the 20 nights, saw the 35K, and just decided to wait and see what happened. Couple nights ago BOOM, minus 35K, plus 2 Cat 1-5 certs.

Probably a wash, but if I would have only gotten 8 nights/four stays it would have been a bargain.

Thought you all would like to know.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:11 pm
Suspended

lesson - there's NO need to immediately ask for a change in your promo once it starts.........in the current one you have till mid-November so just defer until as late as possible and if you're in range of point bonus leave it alone but only try and change if you see you won't make it........

Originally Posted by orca15
Data point for the FT gang...

I was one of the folks who had to call up last quarter to get the promo added to my account. They said I had the 20 nights/35K etc. bonus, but would be happy to let me switch to 4 stays/2 nights (I mentioned this). They gave me the previously reported spiel about manually fixing the bonus after the promo ended.

I accepted, got the 20 nights, saw the 35K, and just decided to wait and see what happened. Couple nights ago BOOM, minus 35K, plus 2 Cat 1-5 certs.

Probably a wash, but if I would have only gotten 8 nights/four stays it would have been a bargain.

Thought you all would like to know.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
lesson - there's NO need to immediately ask for a change in your promo once it starts.........in the current one you have till mid-November so just defer until as late as possible and if you're in range of point bonus leave it alone but only try and change if you see you won't make it........
Agreed... Last year I called before the dates of the promotion started and requested the Category 5 certs for two stays (instead of the one I was offered for nights based promo). I thought I had no chance at the 25 nights (or however many it was) promotion. It ended up I did get enough nights so I called MR back and they agreed to let me switch back. Basically, I should have waited before calling instead of having to switch and then switch back.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 5:14 pm
Suspended

tell that to the earlier posters in this thread who were complaining about not being able to switch promos even before the promo started!!!!!!!!

as Peyton generally says, "hurry, hurry" (although tonight it was Omaha) and I continue to ask, why the rush.........??

Originally Posted by mindrisa
Agreed... Last year I called before the dates of the promotion started and requested the Category 5 certs for two stays (instead of the one I was offered for nights based promo). I thought I had no chance at the 25 nights (or however many it was) promotion. It ended up I did get enough nights so I called MR back and they agreed to let me switch back. Basically, I should have waited before calling instead of having to switch and then switch back.

Last edited by BKKLEE; Sep 30, 2013 at 5:13 am
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
So can someone tell me if they have been able to switch offers? Gave up reading thread with so much junk in iit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.