Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, Hilton, Chase
Originally Posted by RedSun
Wonder what is the reason for you start a new FT ID? Try to hide something? Just curious. No flame.
I'm not sure I'm following what you mean. I am new to this forum, but what do you mean about hiding something?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:34 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by gatorlitigator
I'm not sure I'm following what you mean. I am new to this forum, but what do you mean about hiding something?
This is cool. Then welcome. It seems you know a lot of what is happening and just registered.

Some people do create new IDs to hide some of the IDs they used before. For whatever reasons.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader

this could certainly be looked at the opposite way, that they announced the new pricing in order to drive up the sale of the old packages, which they knew were going to be devalued, making Marriott more culpable.
I'm at Domes of Elounda right now. I can say that it is the best hotel that I've had the pleasure of visiting. Truly phenomenal. If you have a 7 night stay available to you, I would recommend you take advantage of it.
Since we have no frame reference for "the best hotel I've...." this is a useless comment. Have you been staying at Motel 6, Courtyard, Four Seasons....? No idea what your experience has been before this stay!
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Yes, I can see it.
I can’t see it since 31/08 even though it was there before. Nothing can do but wait.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:25 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Yanhui Leung

I can’t see it since 31/08 even though it was there before. Nothing can do but wait.
The rep probably can't add it even if they do want to add it. It is its system issue. The new system is a mess now, still is. If someone wants to keep dancing, sure. Or just sit tight and enjoy the show.... I do not think 9/18 is enough. This is just an ill-planned IT bomb. Like the Y2K event to Marriott.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:51 pm

I'm at Domes of Elounda right now. I can say that it is the best hotel that I've had the pleasure of visiting. Truly phenomenal. If you have a 7 night stay available to you, I would recommend you take advantage of it.
I don't buy it. Rates around Oct go around $250. I don't think this property qualifies for NC7 or NC8. 2 or 3 days stay might be good, but 7 days are no go for me.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Since we have no frame reference for "the best hotel I've...." this is a useless comment. Have you been staying at Motel 6, Courtyard, Four Seasons....? No idea what your experience has been before this stay!
Fair point, and you have no reason to believe anything I am about say on here. UKunlimited stated that [s]he would be "very interested" to hear the view of someone who had been here and I assumed my stay would be the most current datapoint. I am a Marriott Lifetime Platinum working to reach LTPP under the legacy requirements. I've mainly split my stays between FS properties (Marriott, Renaissance, and Autograph) and lower level SHS/CY/FFI/RI, although I've stayed at a dozen or so JW's and RC's. I'm sure I'm not the most experienced traveler on this forum and simply have been reading to figure out the best way to deal with the two floater TPs I have. Take my comment for what it is worth. If it is "useless" to you, then feel free to disregard it.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:03 pm

Struggling on the phone with the Asia call centre to apply a NC1-4 to a former SPG property. Still not possible within the system it seems.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by RedSun
This is cool. Then welcome. It seems you know a lot of what is happening and just registered.

Some people do create new IDs to hide some of the IDs they used before. For whatever reasons.
Gator may be new to this board, but he or she is a frequent poster on Marriott Insiders. That's why he or she knows what is happening.

Welcome to Flyertalk Gator! Nice to see another insider on the board.
Jennlynd likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Is there a way to upgrade my travel package? I got a cat 9 cert with intentions of using it in London (I've stayed at the Park Lane before). Now that is cat 7, which is more than my 9, which is only equivalent to a 6 now.
Probably not, at least not yet.

Marriott, in its actions, has subjected you to a very customer-unfriendly fleecing by way of its deliberate design.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:22 am

Thanks, gatorlitigator, for your information about Domes of Elounda, and welcome to InsideFlyer. I hope to see you around here more often now.

I note that you said:

I am a Marriott Lifetime Platinum working to reach LTPP under the legacy requirements.
That "work" may be unnecessary if, like me, you are already a Lifetime Platinum with Marriott Rewards. As I read their Terms and Conditions, there's a footnote to paragraph 4.2.f.ii.A (obviously from a lawyer) which provides:

* Members who achieve Lifetime Platinum Elite Status under the Marriott Rewards legacy requirements by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status.
So, it seems to say that those of us who already have Lifetime Platinum status with Marriott Rewards will be automatically accorded LTPP status at the end of the year.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor
Thanks, gatorlitigator, for your information about Domes of Elounda, and welcome to InsideFlyer. I hope to see you around here more often now.

I note that you said:

That "work" may be unnecessary if, like me, you are already a Lifetime Platinum with Marriott Rewards. As I read their Terms and Conditions, there's a footnote to paragraph 4.2.f.ii.A (obviously from a lawyer) which provides:

So, it seems to say that those of us who already have Lifetime Platinum status with Marriott Rewards will be automatically accorded LTPP status at the end of the year.
I appreciate it, but I am new LTP (old LTG). I have about 70,000 points to gather to get to LTPP.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:46 pm

Ah. Well, I wish you the best of fortune. That was my hardest hurdle as well -- I "stood in the door" for two years chasing points (not nights) in order to get over the 2 million to earn Lifetime Plat. The 1000 nights came much sooner (and afterwards they dropped it to 750 anyway).
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:58 pm

Has anyone been able to transfer Marriott points between accounts recently?

Looking to move about 30K, should I wait until after Sept 18?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Fair point, and you have no reason to believe anything I am about say on here. UKunlimited stated that [s]he would be "very interested" to hear the view of someone who had been here and I assumed my stay would be the most current datapoint. I am a Marriott Lifetime Platinum working to reach LTPP under the legacy requirements. I've mainly split my stays between FS properties (Marriott, Renaissance, and Autograph) and lower level SHS/CY/FFI/RI, although I've stayed at a dozen or so JW's and RC's. I'm sure I'm not the most experienced traveler on this forum and simply have been reading to figure out the best way to deal with the two floater TPs I have. Take my comment for what it is worth. If it is "useless" to you, then feel free to disregard it.
Thanks for the reply - it's hard to evaluate a statement without context
Knowing what your comparison group is makes it much more useful
UKunlimited likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.