Search

Spring 2012 MegaBonus®

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:36 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

Spring 2012 MegaBonus®

Greetings,

Watch for details on our 2012 Spring MegaBonus promotion as registration opens December 15, 2011!

Visit your personalized MegaBonus page to register for your unique offer by March 31, 2012 for paid stays made between February 1 and April 30, 2012, at over 3,500 participating Marriott properties around the world.

Watch for more information and official terms and conditions starting December 15, 2011.

Safe travels!
Andy
Marriott Rewards Insiders
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Greetings,

Watch for details on our 2012 Spring MegaBonus promotion as registration opens December 15, 2011!

Visit your personalized MegaBonus page to register for your unique offer by March 31, 2012 for paid stays made between February 1 and April 30, 2012, at over 3,500 participating Marriott properties around the world.

Watch for more information and official terms and conditions starting December 15, 2011.

Safe travels!
Andy

I will be very interested to see the conditions of the new megabonus because so far they have been when you use a Visa card and as Marriott took away the UK Marriott Visa card in October, we eagerly awaited a new Visa card. Now we find the new Marriott credit card will be a Mastercard, so this will be interesting. And btw - the new Mastercard benefits stink. You have not listened to what people on here and Marriott insiders have been saying, Marriott treat UK members appallingly compared to US members and the new deal is absolute rubbish. Hilton here we come.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by platinumstar
Marriott treat UK members appallingly compared to US members and the new deal is absolute rubbish. Hilton here we come.
I hear ya! The Chase Marriott Visa for Canadians is equally appalling compared to what US card-holders get.

Lets hope Marriott doesn't have any stupid credit card tie-ins with their next promo. Shhhesh are they that cheap that they need to co-op with a credit card issuer?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For at LEAST the last three years (I've only been closely following during that time period) only the Fall Megabonus has been tied to Visa.

Yet over and over, people post complaining that ALL Megabonuses are tied to Visa.

Are memories so short as to only extend 3 months into the past?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I agreed. Only the fall promo required the use of a visa card. But I would like to be able to choose my promo versus the one that is decided for me by Marriott marketing department.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:28 pm

Folks,

I know what the latest Megabonus is already. I have a friend that works in corporate.

Make 2 stays and you will receive a BOGO coupon, but wait there is a catch. LNF are not eligible and you cannot book public rates, only a special rate that is available on the Marriott website.

I have also heard that the bogo rate will be 40% more expensive than the lowest advertised rate and will not be eligible for elite benefits, such as brekkie and lounge.

Excellent promo in my book. Can't wait to register for it.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Are memories so short as to only extend 3 months into the past?
If that's what people remember about the promos then Marriott hasn't done a good job. Why not let members decide how to pay for their stays don't dictate what they should use as a form of payment. Even if its for 1 promo a year. Marriott should be concerned about filling rooms and creating loyalty not hounding members about form of payment
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by libuser
Folks,

I know what the latest Megabonus is already. I have a friend that works in corporate.

Make 2 stays and you will receive a BOGO coupon, but wait there is a catch. LNF are not eligible and you cannot book public rates, only a special rate that is available on the Marriott website.

I have also heard that the bogo rate will be 40% more expensive than the lowest advertised rate and will not be eligible for elite benefits, such as brekkie and lounge.

Sounds horrid to me. If this is it I hope I either get another option or Starwood has a better deal
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: SPG100, Marriott Plat, United 1K, Hertz Pres, Peasant Rest:)
Is it just me that got an info in the email already? I already registered as a matter of fact too.

Its up to 50k miles, 2k miles for each stay. Similar to the 30k miles promo that was going on recently.

Greg

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Greetings,

Safe travels!
Andy
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Amex Delta Reserve + Platinum MR. Y, I book.
Originally Posted by imverge
If that's what people remember about the promos then Marriott hasn't done a good job. Why not let members decide how to pay for their stays don't dictate what they should use as a form of payment. Even if its for 1 promo a year. Marriott should be concerned about filling rooms and creating loyalty not hounding members about form of payment
+1 ^ - Visa tie-in did me in for stays at Marriott since that promo began. We'll see if the new mega bonus changes things. You want loyalty ? show the same to all your guests - regardless of which plastic they carry in their pants.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by walukanis
Its up to 50k miles, 2k miles for each stay. Similar to the 30k miles promo that was going on recently.
They usually have a variety of offers tailored based on some criteria to the indvidual member. The above may be one of them, but probably not the only one . . . .

Edited to add: See the Marriott Concierge message
. . . register for your unique offer . . .
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
VISA?

I assume the visa card requirement will be dropped since Marriott UK has moved to MasterCard for the new Marriott Rewards Credit Card?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by runCMD
+1 ^ - Visa tie-in did me in for stays at Marriott since that promo began. We'll see if the new mega bonus changes things. You want loyalty ? show the same to all your guests - regardless of which plastic they carry in their pants.
Agree with the card restriction. Seems like Marriott would try and lure people for Q4 revenue as well.

I simply like points so I can choose what I want be it a cat 4 or cat 7 place.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:51 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

Greetings @imverge and @vickisocal, the Spring 2012 MegaBonus is not tied to a specific credit card so any form of payment is acceptable to earn your MegaBonus.

Andy
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by libuser
Folks,

OMG I hope it can't be true. The past Megabonus you get 1 free night after 2 stays. So changing it into a BOGO is kind of cheap.

We probably won't go for it if it's the case, no matter whether you have to pay with a specific card or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.