Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2012 MegaBonus®

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by falco
Question about end of bonus stays. I normally blow through the nights without thinking, but I took a long vacation during this bonus period.

I am really close to getting the bonus and have questions on the end of the period as I have travel to book then.

For a stay from April 29 - 30 to count, would I have to check out on April 30?
Would a stay from April 30 - May 1 count?
How many nights would an April 29 - May 2 stay count for?

These are the T&Cs that do not make it perfectly clear:

- Registration is required.

- Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion by March 31, 2012, will earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 bonus points after 25 paid nights – up to a maximum of 50,000 bonus points between February 1, 2012, and April 30, 2012, at participating Marriott properties.
- This offer is non-transferable.

- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity
Regardless of when you check out, the nights up to and including April 30th would count.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Just got my 50K.. very very nice...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriot Platinum, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by bedelman
(As to redeeming MegaBonus free night certs for use by someone else)

Really? This thread advises that it's not directly possible and that hotels could deny check-in. How exactly did you book MegaBonus nights in someone else's name?
Interesting... I had thought you were able to put the person's name when booking via certs; turns out I put my gf's name as the COMPANY NAME. And she was able to check in (though, I was parking my car and would have been able to get inside 15 minutes later had there been problems)! I wonder if this was a special case that worked...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP and LT PL, National Executive Elite
Got my 50K this week...put it towards two Callaway Gift Cards and will be ordering a new Callaway Fit Driver.....free money and hopefully better off the tee!!!!
Old May 12, 2012, 6:13 pm

Summer Megabonus question

The T&C are unclear as it stays the promotion starts 6/1. So, does a stay that starts on 5/31 with a checkout on 6/1 count for the promotion.
Old May 12, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by tph4
The T&C are unclear as it stays the promotion starts 6/1. So, does a stay that starts on 5/31 with a checkout on 6/1 count for the promotion.
It is not unclear. In hotel business 5/31 check-in is billed on the 5/31 so it doesn't count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.