Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2005, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
Will Be At Waikiki Marriott in May

I will be at this property in May for 5 days and have several questions. What is the opinion of guests about the best tower to stay in? We have no strong preference to be close to beach, just would like to have nice room. I'll call hotel day before arrival....what request should I make to increase likelihood of good room? Does property have concierge level or lounge? If you're platinum elite member, does that mean anything special at this property? Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by wintersummer
I will be at this property in May for 5 days and have several questions. What is the opinion of guests about the best tower to stay in?
The Paoakalani Tower is the taller & newer of the two and is behind the Kealohilani Tower (the L-shaped one) which is closer to the beach, although if you're more into the pool scene, both towers have their own respective pools. I like the rooms at the Paoakalani Tower (where the main lobby is located) better as they seem to have a fresher feel to them and the bathrooms appear to be slightly larger.

However, lately I've been opting for a room in the older Kealohilani Tower since this is where the parking lot (note :small parking spaces & tight turns) is located and I always need a rental car in HNL. If you have a car & are staying in the P. Tower, then you have to park it in the K. Tower, go down to the lobby level, cross over to the P. Tower (through the shops), and take another elevator to your floor. The 2 elevator waits can be a real pain when the hotel is experiencing a high occupancy period and you're stopping on every other floor. This is enough to make me stay in the K. Tower. Also, if you are going for an oceanfront as opposed to oceanview room, then the K. Tower is your choice. I think most of the hotel's dining establishments are also located in the K. Tower. Speaking of dining, I wasn't able to order room service from the Arancino di Mare Restaurant, I was told they would take my order and I could come down to pick up my "to-go" order (this was in May of 2004).

Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute re: platinum elite treatment.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
No concereige floor at a resort - no free breakfast - no lounge. Generarally, you can expect an upgraded room, space permitting.

Billy
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:53 pm

Marriott Waikiki Resort and Spa

Anyone been to this property? Any advice or thoughts on what to do in the area?

I finally found some availability here after many other properties were booked in July.

I still don't have a room for Saturday (7/16) but hoping one will open up!!!

Thanks much!
Mike
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411776
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139254
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139750
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138674

BTW, there's no shortage of 'city' things to do as Waikiki, Honolulu and Oahu offers many choices all within easy access.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:44 am

Thanks!

Thanks so much for posting the links! It sounds like I found the right place to stay for the week!

I believe the website said they now have high speed internet? Anyone who stayed recently notice this?

Thanks much!
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Wireless access is available for $9.95 a day. If you're on a high enough floor you might also be able to poach from any of a number of wide open wireless hotspots.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Wireless access is available for $9.95 a day. If you're on a high enough floor you might also be able to poach from any of a number of wide open wireless hotspots.
^
Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:00 am

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
I Was There Last Week

We had a good stay. We stayed in the K tower, the one closest the the ocean. Elevators were painfully slow. I ran into guy getting on elevator and he said he's stayed there > 30 times during last year and that's been the only problem. Location was good, service was good, internet was 9.95 day. We were upgraded from city to ocean view. Had great view from the 23rd floor. You absolutely must see the entertainment on Thursday nights at the pool - Auntie Genoa and the band, playing really good authentic music. I understand she's been singing at this hotel on Thursday for ages, even before it was a Marriott.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 7:48 pm

Nice place. We had a terrific VIEW. The pool water was very comfortable and there was live music playing at the poolside restaurant the afternoon we were swimming. I agree that the elevators are painfully slow, but if you know that going in you'll be more patient, right??? We only spent 36 hours on Oahu (on the way home from Kaua`i) so we don't have lots of recommendations. If you have a car, find Leonard's for delicious malasadas for breakfast.
Aloha
Old Jun 10, 2005, 11:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Wireless internet is free in the lobby area - excellent receiption with seats by the shops / fountain
Old Jun 12, 2005, 12:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum; HH Diamond; MR Silver
Wireless Internet Access and Fee

I am staying at the Marriott Waikiki Resort now. The fee for internet access is now $13.49 per day. The wireless signal is quite weak in my guest room.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Don't eat at Sansei - nothing compared to the original in Kapalua.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 12:15 pm

Welcome to FT, dmacpher! Enjoy your time here.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:53 am

Marriott Waikiki

Can anyone tell me about their recent stays in the Marriott Waikiki in Oahu?

I'm looking into staying there soon and I'm just looking for some additional information on the hotel and the two towers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.