Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W South Beach, Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W South Beach, Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2009, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by dmbfan222
Any idea when Mr Chow is opening?
I was told around August 15th. The other restaurant is called Solea, it is sort of Mediterranean and the food and service was pretty good.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: DL KM
Will be in S Beach in December. Looking forward to Mr Chow's. I would like to compare it to Phillipe down the street-that was outstanding!
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im on the plane getting ready to fly back to NYC, I will post more pics tomorrow. One thing that I did not like about the hotel was the check out policy.
Regular time is 11:00 AM
Plat will only get you the room until noon, if you want 4 PM it will cost half the nightly room rate.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by rolov
Im on the plane getting ready to fly back to NYC, I will post more pics tomorrow. One thing that I did not like about the hotel was the check out policy.
Regular time is 11:00 AM
Plat will only get you the room until noon, if you want 4 PM it will cost half the nightly room rate.
This is not a resort or conference center. Who exactly told you that you could not stay until 4 PM?? I hope you plan on calling CCS.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
This is not a resort or conference center. Who exactly told you that you could not stay until 4 PM?? I hope you plan on calling CCS.
I went to the front desk and asked, and then I called W/W and was given the same exact answer by 2 different agents.
Do I need to start a thread " Horrible experience at W South Beach before I call CCS ?"
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:13 pm
Suspended

I went to the front desk and asked, and then I called W/W and was given the same exact answer by 2 different agents.
Do I need to start a thread " Horrible experience at W South Beach before I call CCS ?"
You were given the wrong information. Call CCS so that they can open an investigation and alert the GM that employees are not verse with SPG published benefits.

This place is new and they should be put in check before bad information spreads as its the gospel.

If you knew the policy was wrong, why didn't you ask for the MOD and/or call CCS right at that moment?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You were given the wrong information. Call CCS so that they can open an investigation and alert the GM that employees are not verse with SPG published benefits.

This place is new and they should be put in check before bad information spreads as its the gospel.

If you knew the policy was wrong, why didn't you ask for the MOD and/or call CCS right at that moment?
I actually did not know it was not considered a Resort property so I thought they were telling me the correct informatio plus we to be on the golf course, so I packed my stuff and checked out. I will call CCS when I get home.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Exclamation

I actually did not know it was not considered a Resort property so I thought they were telling me the correct informatio plus we to be on the golf course, so I packed my stuff and checked out. I will call CCS when I get home.
Ah, well the general rule that a property is a resort or conference center is they will have "resort" or "conference center" in their name, although there are exceptions.

Post No. 184 of this thread should give you, and anyone else, who is unsure if they are entitled to a late checkout, more guidance.
FAQ: 4 PM Late Check-Out: A benefit for Platinum, Gold & Preferred Plus
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Here now. Upgraded to a very nice Fantastic Suite. Pics on the way shortly.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 5:54 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Ah, well the general rule that a property is a resort or conference center is they will have "resort" or "conference center" in their name, although there are exceptions.
Considering I'm planning on staying there for a night in the near future and my flight out isn't until later in the afternoon, this is of interest to me.

So I just called the Plat line to find out if they show the hotel as a resort or Conf. Center. He said no, but he called the hotel to verify that their understanding as well. They told him that they would have no issues with honoring the Plat 4:00pm check-out time.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 7:56 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I was shot down when I suggested they might need to be better versed in elite benefits...

Anyways glad to know they are upgrading now, shall try my hand again later this month...
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I'll post more later this week but had a really excellent stay there this weekend. Upgraded (as plat) without asking. Staff was exceptionally friendly and the building was really nice overall. The club should open in the next couple weeks which will be nice. The rooftop basketball and tennis court were amazing too - played an hour of tennis this AM before leaving. Kudos to the staff. Pics will be posted soon.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:21 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Were going there in the middle of Hurricane season in September, can't wait.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Can one of the Lurkers confirm if this property is allowed to get out of the 4pm check out benifit?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
Were going there in the middle of Hurricane season in September, can't wait.
I was considering a stay around that time too. I saw in the paper that this might be a La Nina year...which tends to moderate hurricane formation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.