Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Not sure if they were running out of skillet while making my order, my Steak and Eggs came in a plate. Tho I did see salmon in skillet on other table on my way out.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:45 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Executive breakfast is back at Rossini's, as well as Steak &
Eggs which was missing from the menu before covid.
Great to hear. Thanks for the update.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Fantastic news. Let's hope they get up to full staffing soon and can bring back the rest of the SGS service proposition.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:28 am
formerly rt23456p

Executive breakfast is back at Rossini's, as well as Steak &
Eggs which was missing from the menu before covid.
Only 1 hot order for platinum as well? It would be good if it was unlinmited.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rt23456p
OMG not this nonsense again.

There's also a buffet for those who feel the need to eat more than 1 complete breakfast.
LIH Prem, estnet, GUWonder and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Some
The executive breakfast is quality over quantity, the minute you start offering unlimited orders of something there is pressure to cut costs and reduce ingredient quality. I think you’ll find there are a lot of people who would rather it was one very high quality cooked to order dish. I would guess a quarter or more of the guests at SGS are Platinum or above sometimes…
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:56 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The executive breakfast is quality over quantity, the minute you start offering unlimited orders of something there is pressure to cut costs and reduce ingredient quality. I think you’ll find there are a lot of people who would rather it was one very high quality cooked to order dish. I would guess a quarter or more of the guests at SGS are Platinum or above sometimes…
Oh, I see, but if it's a flat one choice, some choices in the menu are certainly less "heavy" than others, I understand the emphasis on quality, but I think that not being able to order an egg dish(such as omelette/benedict) and the main course dish(such as steak and salmon) is a little on the strict side, as a student in High school, I generally aim for going full during breakfast to delay my lunch or perhaps work during lunch. Do they strictly enforce the policy? The Hongta,LC in Shanghai don't ever enforce the policy of one-order for their executive breakfast.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Oh, I see, but if it's a flat one choice, some choices in the menu are certainly less "heavy" than others, I understand the emphasis on quality, but I think that not being able to order an egg dish(such as omelette/benedict) and the main course dish(such as steak and salmon) is a little on the strict side, as a student in High school, I generally aim for going full during breakfast to delay my lunch or perhaps work during lunch. Do they strictly enforce the policy? The Hongta,LC in Shanghai don't ever enforce the policy of one-order for their executive breakfast.
The full buffet breakfast at SGS has great selections and you can eat to your heart's consent.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Presumably Rossini will still have a moderate size buffet even with executive breakfast back again? If you have a bit of everything you would comfortably go over 5,000 calories which should do for breakfast.
tomwhom likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Presumably Rossini will still have a moderate size buffet even with executive breakfast back again?
Yes, you can help yourself with unlimited cold cut, smoke salmon, pastry, congee, miso soup and fresh cut ham.
One thing I don't remember if it exist pre-covid or not: easy open coconut.
EuropeanPete, UASPG and Kacee like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Presumably Rossini will still have a moderate size buffet even with executive breakfast back again? If you have a bit of everything you would comfortably go over 5,000 calories which should do for breakfast.
And also give the staff something to talk about behind your back!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:36 pm

I really missed the salmon on my last visit. Good to hear that the exec breakfast has returned!

-David
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes, you can help yourself with unlimited cold cut, smoke salmon, pastry, congee, miso soup and fresh cut ham.
One thing I don't remember if it exist pre-covid or not: easy open coconut.
On my first pre-covid stay at this hotel as a Platinum, I don’t recall that coconut being there like this. But that was back when 5 SPG brand stays in Asia-Pacific meant a 50k SPG point promotional bonus or something lucrative like that for the time.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: SPG
I'm in the middle of a 4 night stay in the Rajah Suite and I am pretty impressed by everything so far. I booked a sweeten your stay package which allows 5,000 bonvoy points per night plus they offered 2,000 baht credit per night on top of that. The service has been spot on, with no hiccups or misses yet. I've been referred to by my name on a few occasions. I've only stayed here a handful of time prior so COVID and from what I've read to what I've experienced, it seems like the SGS is in the midst of a comeback.

I had the executive breakfast at Rossini's yesterday and ordered three main items of the executive menu between me and my wife. There was no fuss or anything out of the ordinary noted. The steak and eggs and the Thai omelette were served on a plate while the eggs benedict was served on a skillet.

The service in Orchid Cafe has been pretty good too. Constantly refilling water glasses, removing used dishes, etc without delay is appreciated. I haven't asked for any special requests yet so I can't comment on that part.

I'm only a gold so I'm not getting any service above and beyond as far as I can tell.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
Looking for a nice property at a reasonable rate over New Years - prices for many properties in Bangkok are definitely at a premium during this time and we decided to apply more of our budget to a private beach front pool villa than to a hotel in Bangkok. We would have loved something on the River, but the ROS lacks positive reviews of late. We will need 3 or 4 rooms for our group for 4 nights. Last year I stayed at The Athenee - the remodeled rooms were fantastic and we were upgraded to a nice suite due to my Ambassador status. We thought the service was great, if the lounge did get busy in the evenings. We're considering going back to The Athenee and are also considering the SGS since it's closer to the BTS -. with 7 or 8 of us touring around Bangkok we thought it could be a good choice. SGS seems like more dated rooms and perhaps a decline in services even though the pool is nicer than The Athenee (we thought The Athenee pool really lacked character and has so much potential). I'm able to get both of these properties for under $150 USD per night per room which seems like good value. Which would you choose? Chances of getting suite upgrades better at one property or the other? Other properties I need to consider?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.