Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I think this Rossini breakfast nonsense has gone on long enough. If people want to eat more,or are not happy with the Rossini offerings or dress code just go to the Orchid cafe.
This was offered as an additional option. Would you be happier if they dropped it and reverted to just Sala or Orchid?

Personally, my last stay I had 2 breakfasts at Orchid cafe,and none at Rossini.
Previous stay, I had 2 Rossini and 1 Orchide cafe.
Just depends what I feel like eating.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I have well over 50 stays at this property, all as a Plat. I get a suite about 40% of the time ( and a 10th floor specialty suite 3 times).
So you are 0/1 as a plat?

I was there earlier this week on a 2 nights stay, at check-in I was told no suite was available, but there probably would be one the following day.
I told them not to bother - I would stay in my original room for the duration of the stay since I was alone and did not need the suite.
The UG to a suite is not why I stay at this hotel.
My thoughts as well.Only 22 stays but all but 2 for 6 nights.In the first 10 stays as a plat got 6-7 upgrades to a suite.Last 12-2 and one was with SNAs.It is that popular.
I really dont mind not getting a suite.It is the plat benefits and the staff that keep us coming back.Heck when on one occasion our plane was quite late in arriving at BKK we missed going to the Living Room.There was a message from the Living Room staff saying they missed seeing us..

As to the dress code another 2 individuals entered Rossinis wearing flip flops.They were told they could enter but would be denied the next day if they wore the same footwear.Seemed a reasonable way of handling it.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
It is a popular hotel. People are actually paying for the suites. They can't give you what is not available.
+1
On several dates I was looking at this year there were no Grand Suites for sale.

Seems to me if you really want a suite at such a popular property, it's probably best to book one straight up rather than count on an upgrade (or be disappointed if an unrealistic upgrade expectation goes unmet).
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:53 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Moderator Note

Folks,
We have thoroughly exhausted the discussion on breakfast at Rossinis. Let’s skip any further discussion for a few weeks unless Richard comes back and updates on any changes in policies, whether about egg whites or flip flops or pancake machines.

Thank you all your continued contributions to keep your fellow members up to date, but unless something drastically changes in the next month, no discussion of Rossinis breakfast please.

Thanks,
yosithezet
Co-Modertor, SPG Forum
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: Free Agent
15th stay netted me a voucher for a free 60 minute massage. Very impressive!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:21 am

Just stayed here for one night on business, followed by two nights at the Athenee. between the two, this place is better but only by a small margin. The staff here are probably the best i've experienced. As a Gold, I was given 4PM check out without question, and upgraded to the SPG floors both of which I expected - the surprise was they gave me butler service complimentary. Would definitely revisit- especially as it's connected to more regular malls via skybridge (in addition to Asoke station).
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Just finishing up a four night long weekend here. Came for the dinner prepared by guest chef Andrea Cannalire (one Michelin star) at Rossini, and I was not disappointed.

Menu:

(Perhaps one of the Mods can figure out how to get the entire picture of the menu to appear. HELP!!)

And the food:

Amuse bouche, -- raw scallop, IIRC

Yellowtail, melon, cauliflower and lemon

Beef tartare with parmesan cheese and basil pesto

Carpaccio closeup

Garoupa with zucchini sauce, chicken "ristretto" and popcorn

Black forest cake (very liberal/creative interpretation, IMO)

Puglian style crustacean and seafood soup

Australian lamb chops with goat cheese and beetroot

Coconut, while chocolate and almond outer shell enclosing a scoop of ice cream

AND, soufflés are back in the Living Room. After being available, then not, then available again, then removed again and replaced by chocolate lava cakes for a while, they seem to be back. I had one on one night (but no photos, I ate it way too quickly!). It was delicious, perfectly prepared, but a bit small for my taste.

All in all, a successful weekend!
drron likes this.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Jan 29, 2018 at 6:46 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I saw the adverts for that evening when I was in the hotel a couple of weeks ago and remember thinking that I'd much rather be there rather than in Milton Keynes right now. Count me jealous!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:22 am

Looks like the SGS will be going up a category. https://spgpromos.com/2018categorychange/
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:00 pm

Outstanding hotel in a great location

Another great stay at Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit. No suite upgrade available on check-in but was advised that one would be available in three days (6 night stay). Received a call after two days that the suite was available. Room and suites well laid out and designed. The room had 2 USB plugs at each side of the bed, while the suite had only an electrical outlet. Great shower and lots of space in the bathrooms. Staff was excellent. What a great retreat at the pool and it was especially nice to have unlimited platinum drinks and snacks there each night after a long, hot day of touring. I won’t weigh in on the Rossini breakfast discussion as we enjoyed the breakfast buffet in main restaurant. Great American and Asian choices. Busy, but not overwhelming so. Location is perfect. Used BTS and MRT, so convenient to the hotel. Had a few issues with some of the concierges not being as knowledgeable as expected and was given some incorrect information. But overall, it was an outstanding hotel and vacation.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Does anyone have an input regarding SNAs clearing? Do we stand a good chance or does history indicate something different?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Does anyone have an input regarding SNAs clearing? Do we stand a good chance or does history indicate something different?
The hotel has had very high occupancy for a while now. If you want a free suite then an SNA is the way to go, but it's not going to be the easiest Starwood hotel to get one in if that's important to you. Victim of its own popularity.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wow great first visit welcome - booked Grande Suite, upgraded to Rajah Suite!

Booked the airport welcome service - outstanding . . . gate to room in about an hour.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I use SNAs for a 2 day stay every Nov and have always been upgraded - room sometimes booked on points sometimes with cash
ExpatSomchai likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:42 am

In the middle of a short stay, and everything has been wonderful (as expected), but... has anybody else experienced bizarre housekeeping times, here? I’m not sure if it’s just where my room falls in the rotation (31st floor, near the elevators), but two days now I’ve had my room made on the lateish side (3:00-4:00) followed almost immediately by turndown service at 5:30. Last night I was in my room when they came by and asked them to come back in 30-60 minutes and was told that mine was the last room, and they couldn’t.

This is barely a niggle— I don’t really care about turndown, and like I said everything else has been great, it just seems odd. I’m used to luxury hotels making-up rooms like magic, and sneaking turndown in while I’m at dinner, so I’ve been a bit surprised that I’ve been coming back to an unmade room, and have had the “fine, I guess just another clean towel” style of turndown, two nights in a row.

Last edited by cosmicg; Mar 10, 2018 at 3:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.