Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
What is the current and planned status of Bar Su, Basil, Rossini and breakfast at the Sala?
I was last there a few weeks ago. Rossini and Basil open. BarSu closed, rumored reopening then planned for mid-September. (I suppose that that depends on how things go, of course.) I did see breakfast at the Sala but can't recall if it was still weekends only or not.

The Sala kitchen was open and had its regular menu for lunch. ^

I assume that someone has been there more recently and has updated info....
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:22 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
What is the current and planned status of Bar Su, Basil, Rossini and breakfast at the Sala?
Dear Always Flyin,

Currently, BarSu is closed but we plan to reopen it in mid-September. Both Basil and Rossini’s are now open for dinner, but we plan to open Basil for lunch on September 1. Breakfast is available at The Sala for weekends only, until the rainy season ceases in mid-November.

With kind regards,

Richard Chapman
General Manager
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Just wanted to post quickly to add my accolades and say that this property's management and staff really get it. It might not be the flashiest SPG property in BKK, but the service at the SGS certainly delivers.

I had a quick one-night return stay last week. My requested SNA didn't clear automatically, but when I PM'd Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok with a few questions/requests about my upcoming stay, Richard personally replied and even offered to make every effort to honor the upgrade should a suite become available. Sure enough, upon check-in I was assigned a Grande Suite and wasn't even charged for the SNA.

As posted above, BarSu (where I normally enjoy Happy Hour here) remains closed until next month but the staff and atmosphere in The Living Room was phenomenal and last call for happy hour was quite generously timed, to say the least. The next morning, breakfast at The Sala was equally excellent and the pool staff were great finding me a last minute lounger when I discovered my TG flight was rescheduled/delayed by 2hrs.

If any SPG Plat has hesitations about staying here, they certainly shouldn't. Unexpectedly, this has probably been my best SPG stay in the past year - including many visits to high-end properties.

A few quick photos:

Platinum/Grand Deluxe amenities:

Grande Suite:

The Living Room:

beautiful pool:

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: SPG LTPlat ANA Plat
Just back from stay 51 ! Same old SGS, great service, attention to detail, great consierge, front, bell boys etc etc.

Thanks again Richard and see you next time, a great team with a great hotel.

Regards

Stuart
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Sounds like several of us were there at the same time. I used 2 SNAs and they were confirmed 5 days before departure. The hotel was the busiest I've seen it in years -- breakfast at the Orchid Cafe was packed and the pool was also pretty busy. Nice to see the business return, although I have enjoyed the quieter stays by the pool during recent visits.

I overheard an employee tell a customer that the refurbishment of the rooms was behind the original schedule, and that they may not be done until early 2016.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:02 am

Bangkok. Limited Time Offer. Book by September 7, 2014. Escape until October 15, 2014.

• Up to 30% savings off your rate
• SPG members save an additional 5% and earn Starpoints®.
• Rates from Baht 4,750 ++

Valid for stays from now until October 15, 2014. Hurry up, this deal won't last!

Reserve online now
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:48 pm

Enjoy an unforgettable stay from 4,750++ Baht per night:

- Accommodation in a spacious 45 sqm Deluxe Room with a panoramic city view
- Valid until October 31, 2014 for stays on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Limited Rooms available.

Reserve now
Old Sep 13, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
Dear Always Flyin,

Currently, BarSu is closed but we plan to reopen it in mid-September. Both Basil and Rossini’s are now open for dinner, but we plan to open Basil for lunch on September 1. Breakfast is available at The Sala for weekends only, until the rainy season ceases in mid-November.

With kind regards,

Richard Chapman
General Manager
Is BarSu still planned for reopening mid-September?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I walked by it last night, and got my hopes up when I saw people inside.
Alas, it has just been booked for a private function.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I walked by it last night, and got my hopes up when I saw people inside. Alas, it has just been booked for a private function.
If you have enough people, it's a great room for a private function. I don't think that I have that many friends, though.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:45 am

Dear Always Flyin,

I am pleased to advise that BarSu will be re-opening October 1. The concept is being adjusted from a night club with live bands to a casual lounge offering gastro style food and beverage at attractive prices. This concept will fill the gap between the fine dining of Rossini’s and the International buffet of Orchid Café. It will also provide an alternative venue to the jazz bar of the Living Room with a less formal atmosphere and a more relaxed dress code.

As of October 1, Rossini’s will also be open for lunch as well as dinner. Basil is operating for lunch and dinner. During the rainy season until late November, Sala is open from 11.00-20.00 hrs. and for breakfast (weekends only).

With kind regards,

Richard Chapman
General Manager
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
dear Mr. Chapman,

Is the non-smoking trial at the pool still on-going?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remymartin
Is the non-smoking trial at the pool still on-going?
I certainly hope so. And perhaps it's time to consider making it permanent.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:56 pm

Smoking policy aside, how kid-friendly is the SGS pool compared to those at other SPG properties in the city?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
Smoking policy aside, how kid-friendly is the SGS pool compared to those at other SPG properties in the city?
IME kids are playing in the pool (and quite enjoying it) regularly at SGS. Of course, that may or may not be a good thing, depending on your preference. Also IME, pools at StR, LM, Aloft and W are not particularly friendly to kids and I have rarely seen kids in them. I expect that that's also a reflection of the guest population. I have no experience with pools at WGS, ROS, PA and 4P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.