Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Reservations email address: [email protected]

Hotel's own website: https://www.royal-hawaiian.com/
Print Wikipost

Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Oh that’s nice to know re the wifi haha.

One thing I neglected to mention is that the base rooms at this property look dire (ie small and no view). So if you’re not an elite and don’t want to play the upgrade game I recommend booking something above the base category
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Great Hotel with some "Nuances"

Lovely hotel and staff - happy to have had the opportunity to stay there.

Was upgraded to an oceanfront larger room which was very much appreciated and lovely. However...

>Late Check-out was not honoured. Apparently some clause at resort properties whereby it is on request conditional on hotel occupancy. To their credit, they gave me a standard room till 16:00 hrs. Thank You.
>Only continental breakfast offered with option to upgrade. It was adequate but nothing special.
>Travelling solo, requested a beach lounge through the pool desk. They indicated that they could only be rented as pair at a charge of US$62 in addition to the already paid resort fee. This was a major piss off. This is not a status rant, but as a single person, why should one be subjected to renting two chairs??

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Feb 27, 2022 at 8:05 pm
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:18 pm

[QUOTE=margarita girl;34029672]Hey that started happening about 3 days into my stay at Sheraton Waikiki in Jan. Wasted a bunch of time with Tech Support who said there was nothing wrong. There was no way around it other than using the portable wifi device that you can get at front desk! Since SW, RH, MS and PK all have the same owner, they probably have the same service provider.

I think it’s FT blocking those Hawaiian properties rather than vice versa based on this error QUOTE]

I am currently at a non-Marriott privately owned resort (not on Hawaii) , and was using a VPN as I often do on unsecure wifi’s. I got the the same message when trying to access flyertalk. Fine when I turned the VPN off.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: LH Miles & More
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Though not quite as attractive as last year, there is still a STARS offer for 20% off the standard flexible rate for 4+nights that waives the resort fee at RH (and includes full breakfast) through 22DEC.

Elite benefits still apply but Bonvoy member rate, advance purchase rate, etc.can sometimes be a better deal, depending on status and how much one values the full breakfast.
where can I book those STARS offers?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by franzose
where can I book those STARS offers?
I am a STARS/Luminous agent, but there are a number of us that contribute to this forum/FT to pick from. If you have an established relationship with a leisure-focused TA, they are likely able to book as well.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
There is a pretty good STARS off at the Royal Hawaiian - 5th night free plus waived resort fee plus all STARS benefits from now through May 31st and from August 15th through December 18th.
True, but it is only available to room categories “Historic Ocean King, Guest room, 1 King, Ocean view, Historic Wing” upwards.

One question regarding STARS rate and breakfast. Do kids eat for free as well? Only mentions 2 adults…
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:53 am

True, but it is only available to room categories “Historic Ocean King, Guest room, 1 King, Ocean view, Historic Wing” upwards.

One question regarding STARS rate and breakfast. Do kids eat for free as well? Only mentions 2 adults…
The limitation on room categories is not in the T&Cs of the 5th night free offer--have you had the offer denied on a lower room category?

Daily breakfast is limited to two per room (unless a multi-bedroom suite is booked).
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:55 am

If you look into the booking system the 5th night free cannot be applied to the basic Garden View rooms.

On kids b/f, is this included when they sleep in the same room (e.g. two adults plus one child)?

Which room does qualify for a multi-bedroom suite?

Last edited by franzose; Mar 2, 2022 at 9:40 am
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:04 pm

If you look into the booking system the 5th night free cannot be applied to the basic Garden View rooms.
The free night is confirmed with the hotel's STARS team post-booking--the free night is not reflected in the booking system for this offer.

On kids b/f, is this included when they sleep in the same room (e.g. two adults plus one child)?
No.

Which room does qualify for a multi-bedroom suite?
Queen Ka'ahumanu Suite, Royal Hawaiian Suite, maybe a few others...
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
The free night is confirmed with the hotel's STARS team post-booking--the free night is not reflected in the booking system for this offer.
There is a 20% discount offered in the rate already which is equivalent to 5th night free my agent told me. Or is this something different?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:40 am

There is a 20% discount offered in the rate already which is equivalent to 5th night free my agent told me. Or is this something different?
That's a different promo called "Stay Longer" that mirrors a public offer for 20% off with STARS benefits added. That offer is valid for a stay of 4 nights or longer through May 31st (possible that it's been extended in the booking engine already, though). Minimum room for that offer is Historic Garden (not Ocean), btw.

The 5th night free promo runs into the fall. Process is to book the regular rate and confirm free night/waived resort fees directly with STARS team at the property.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:23 am

Ok, but both promotions cannot be combined, right?

I think my agent got confused with both offers.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Booked a week here in mid-may on points. Was at the Marriott down the street, earned a few more points and was able to upgrade. Applied for SNA's as well. Looking forward to it after reading all the comments here.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Oh if you are interested in the history of the hotel definitely do the historical tour. It’s super interesting. Also believe it’s open to the public with reservation.

It’s on Tuesdays at 1pm
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Just checked out of here, 3 night stay. Booked a STARS rate in a garden view junior suite, upgraded to full one-bedroom oceanfront room (historic). Choice of three pastries as part of welcome gift; also, fruit and chocolates waiting in the room for us. 4pm checkout was honored, but we had to move from the suite to a standard room from 12-4. Staff was very friendly. Pool situation (both here and at the Sheraton) was a zoo.

Overall, a good stay. The hotel remains quite beautiful, especially as you pull into the front oasis at night with the old banyan trees lit up purple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.