Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Reservations email address: [email protected]

Hotel's own website: https://www.royal-hawaiian.com/
Print Wikipost

Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
---------------------------------
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Been almost four years since I last stayed in Honolulu where my last stay was at this resort. I see prepaid rates for late March at $247 + taxes + resort charge. Is this a good rate for an entry level room?? I think I was on some free nights the last time I was here and was upgraded to both the Tower Oceanfront room and Garden Jnr Suite as a platinum, now I am just a SPG nobody so what I book is what I will get.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:26 pm

Hi, ive booked a garden jr suite in historic tower. Can anyone confirm if theres a door for the bedroom? The pics online says yes, but guest pics shows no door or partician to bedroom. Spulds like bad rewviews fir this hotel. Should i switch to the surfrider? 280 sq ft just seems too small for me!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by hqly2001
Hi, ive booked a garden jr suite in historic tower. Can anyone confirm if theres a door for the bedroom? The pics online says yes, but guest pics shows no door or partician to bedroom. Spulds like bad rewviews fir this hotel. Should i switch to the surfrider? 280 sq ft just seems too small for me!
Mine had a sort of swinging pair of shutter doors - so seperate rooms but not greAt privacy. I don't like the surf rider at all. Always happy w/the RH -
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria
Mine had a sort of swinging pair of shutter doors - so seperate rooms but not greAt privacy. I don't like the surf rider at all. Always happy w/the RH -
Service ok? Reviews states poor service.
I guess the room they have as the jr. Suite may be the full garden suite with separate door to bedroom.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hqly2001
Service ok? Reviews states poor service.
I guess the room they have as the jr. Suite may be the full garden suite with separate door to bedroom.
I have no service complaints
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I'm curious if anyone has experienced the Mailani Beach Tower rooms. This is in the description:

Premium ocean front, Breakfast in lounge, Evening cocktails & hors d'oeuvres, Spacious private balcony
Wondering if this is to compete with the lounges at the SW and MS. Truth be known, it's the only reason I've never stayed at the RH. I may have to reconsider now.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Wondering if this is to compete with the lounges at the SW and MS. Truth be known, it's the only reason I've never stayed at the RH. I may have to reconsider now.
Don't know about that, but I cant tell you that I was able to upgrade to any item of the breakfast menu for $10 per person. Not sure if they still do that.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It only opened yesterday. I was there last month and they were just starting construction on something at the base of the tower elevators and it appears from the photos its now the lounge. It seems that the club breakfast will basically = the same as the plt breakfast amenity in the restaurant: the continental.

The other question is: will this area be part of the PLT benefit of "complimentary club-level and executive-level access"?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bdemaria
It only opened yesterday. I was there last month and they were just starting construction on something at the base of the tower elevators and it appears from the photos its now the lounge. It seems that the club breakfast will basically = the same as the plt breakfast amenity in the restaurant: the continental.

The other question is: will this area be part of the PLT benefit of "complimentary club-level and executive-level access"?
I was wondering this too but lounge access isn't a defined plat benefit at LC Properties only Westin and Sheraton.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll be in HNL next week (but staying at SW and MS), so will walk over to find out more.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:49 pm

I'll be in HNL next week (but staying at SW and MS), so will walk over to find out more.
I'll be looking forward to it, margarita girl. I've got another Honolulu job coming up, if it doesn't get put off into oblivion. Two fine SPG choices already, but I could use a third.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean the PK isn't on your list?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:03 pm

You mean the PK isn't on your list?
I almost made a comment about the Princess. The last time i stayed there was probably the late 80s. It's still my employer's hotel choice, so I pay the difference and go across the street. Money well spent.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Not sure where to book for our upcoming trip. Have stayed there over 15 times in the past 30 years and it's usually our hotel of choice in Waikiki.

Oddly, it really seems like the hotel went downhill once they became a Luxury Collection. Service wasn't as friendly, disjointed check-in procedure, plus little things like cheap paper towels in the hotel restrooms, welcome amenity banana bread became tiny banana muffins, no standard turndown service, no bowls of nuts with the drinks at the Mai Tai Bar, etc. etc. This also seemed to have coincided with the new manager who was put in place at that time.

Now that they have a new manager effective a few months ago has anyone seen that it made a difference in the quality of the hotel and the service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.