Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by holtju2
Not saying that this wouldn't be better than average Sheraton but calling this a luxury or premium resort is way over the top.
it is classified as a luxury/premium resort....it may not be one of the better ones out there but calling it a luxury/premium resort is definitely not over the top....
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chanp
Maybe I'll see you there? Nov 12-19th. Food seems ok to me too. Not sure I will do half board everyday, but I am sure I will for at least half of my days/nights.
I'll be arriving in on the 18th, so yes I might see you there! I'll PM you closer to the date!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
We just returned from a 6 night stay in October that was excellent. My family did a lot of diving and really enjoyed the time spend with the 4 dive masters, normally 3 but one just moved in and one is moving to Thailand.

The hotel staff was excellent and though there isn't an executive lounge the GM did have a meet and greet at the Anchorage Bar one night where the drinks were complementary.

I was UG'd to a beach cottage for all but our first night and at check in I was told of why (no availability) and when we would be UG'd. The deluxe room we were in for the first night was a very nice room and the only thing the beach cottage offered IMO is the really fancy bathroom. For a small charge I could have been put in the beach villa but this wasn't a "honeymoon" type of trip for me so I didn't elect this option.

BTW, the hotel and the dive shop did a great job of communicating via email prior to our arrival so if you have specific questions or requests you should be able take care of it before you get there.

I'm a firm believer that 99% of customer service is setting expectations and most employees did this. There is a bit of what I call South East Asian customer service where you get the "I think breakfast opens at 7" type of answer and you'll have to ask them to actually check. We got 3 different answers to this very question!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Checked in yesterday. Got one cat upgrade to a decent room, outside bathroom and shower. No water bungalows avail during my entire week stay, but showed some avail online. Ate at sea salt last night. Thought it was average. For 300 bucks I think the food taste would be better. Had a few drinks at the anchorage bar last night around 11pm. We were the only two people in the place. For such a full property, where is everybody? Oh, we were the only two eating at sea salt and saw 2 couples at the Thai place. This was at 9 pm on a sat night. Not sure where people are eating?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Transport from/to Male Airport

Originally Posted by trach500
I just got back for this hotel where I stayed here for 2 nights before departing for the Conrad. The hotel is a very nice hotel and is very close to the airport, approximately 10 minutes by speedboat. We arrived at the hotel at 1030pm and departed 2 days later at 930am, so we really had 1 full day here. I used points and stayed in the Overwater Bungalow, which was very nice, but a little slow. The room had a very nice sony 42 inch flat screen tv, but the problem was the bathroom had no AC. Showering and using the bathroom was not pleasant as it was pretty humid. I would recommend this hotel if you want to stay on points only or are staying for the night before departing to other resorts. We ate at a few restaurants and the food was pretty good. The one dinner we had was at the sunset grill, which was outside with views of Male. They also had a buffet, a cafe, and a Thai restaurant, which looked great, but we went for the Sunset grill as that was outside and it was very pretty looking. Overall a very nice hotel, but the Conrad was much nicer.

How much does the speedboat round trip cost from the airport?

Is there an alternative, i.e. with a local boat at a lower price?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by OliverM
How much does the speedboat round trip cost from the airport?

Is there an alternative, i.e. with a local boat at a lower price?
$86 pp round trip, going up to $100 after Christmas. It is also mandatory, and there are no alternatives afaik.

And this spend also does not qualify for spg points!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
For such a full property, where is everybody? Oh, we were the only two eating at sea salt and saw 2 couples at the Thai place. This was at 9 pm on a sat night. Not sure where people are eating?
About 90% of the clientele at this property are Chinese. They are probably eating their own food they have brought to the property.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:38 am

Just a quick question, is tap water drinkable at this property? Or am I left to pay some hefty bottled water charges.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Just a quick question, is tap water drinkable at this property? Or am I left to pay some hefty bottled water charges.
not sure about tap water but there were tons of free bottles of water during my last stay here....
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:48 am

Checked in yesterday. Got one cat upgrade to a decent room, outside bathroom and shower. No water bungalows avail during my entire week stay, but showed some avail online. Ate at sea salt last night. Thought it was average. For 300 bucks I think the food taste would be better. Had a few drinks at the anchorage bar last night around 11pm. We were the only two people in the place. For such a full property, where is everybody? Oh, we were the only two eating at sea salt and saw 2 couples at the Thai place. This was at 9 pm on a sat night. Not sure where people are eating?
Hi there chanp

Apologies to you for not being able to meet up with you during your stay at the Sheraton. I did arrive in on the 18th, which would have been your final day, but I didn't have your details I couldn't get in touch with you as I had no personal mobile internet connection and the internet at this property was crappy at best. If it did work at all, it felt like I was using dial-up internet from like two decades ago.

Maybe our paths may cross again and I'll take a more active approach to catch up and have a drink.

Alan
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:40 am
Suspended

Thumbs down

What a "great" and flexible hotel!

I finally found again a last minute flight at a reasonable price, could take off and would also have a cheap train ticket to the airport (have been trying for weeks to book at this hotel). I was already looking forward to finally use a part of my free night certificates. Everything would be perfect but the hotel staff's flexibility.

The hotel shows availability wide open from 11/6 until 11/11 (if you book night by night). Guess what? Of course they are not willing to accept my free night vouchers because the very lowest rate is not available.

Buah, SPG, it wouldn't be bad to be a little more flexible for long year Platinum members! Sometimes it needs some out of the box thinking!!!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most

I finally found again a last minute flight at a reasonable price, could take off and would also have a cheap train ticket to the airport (have been trying for weeks to book at this hotel). I was already looking forward to finally use a part of my free night certificates. Everything would be perfect but the hotel staff's flexibility.
If getting to Maldives is dependent of getting a cheap train ticket, I don't think that it is the right destination for you.

The hotel shows availability wide open from 11/6 until 11/11 (if you book night by night). Guess what? Of course they are not willing to accept my free night vouchers because the very lowest rate is not available.
These promotional awards book into the very same inventory as regular awards.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by holtju2
If getting to Maldives is dependent of getting a cheap train ticket, I don't think that it is the right destination for you.
Really? Very good that I don't care what you think! Are you one of the cheap Chinese guys with their own food? And it does make a difference if the train ticket cost you 30 € (special fare) versus 90 € (regular fare) per way

[QUOTE=holtju2;17539283These promotional awards book into the very same inventory as regular awards.[/QUOTE]

Good for you but they book only in the very lowest room category which is hardly available for one night at the Maldives! There is always one or two nights per week missing
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? Very good that I don't care what you think! Are you one of the cheap Chinese guys with their own food? And it does make a difference if the train ticket cost you 30 € (special fare) versus 90 € (regular fare) per way
that is an extremely rude comment & completely uncalled for....

Good for you but they book only in the very lowest room category which is hardly available for one night at the Maldives! There is always one or two nights per week missing
the lowest category rooms are the ones that are considered standard rooms, which in turn are the rooms you can book using the free weekend night....i was considering coming back here a couple of months ago using my free resort nights & there was plenty of availability....please keep in mind that availability is bound to be less during peak season & specially now when the promo stay period is about to come to an end....
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Hi there chanp

Apologies to you for not being able to meet up with you during your stay at the Sheraton. I did arrive in on the 18th, which would have been your final day, but I didn't have your details I couldn't get in touch with you as I had no personal mobile internet connection and the internet at this property was crappy at best. If it did work at all, it felt like I was using dial-up internet from like two decades ago.

Maybe our paths may cross again and I'll take a more active approach to catch up and have a drink.

Alan
Hi Alan,

I left on the evening of the 18th. Yes next time. What did you think of the resort?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.