Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:13 am

Don't we have a NYC Travel board for stuff like this?

If you don't like public transportation then take a cab. Figure $35+.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:44 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
11 PM? I'd use a cab or prearrange a car service rather than public transportation. $35 is about right for cab fare, last time I used a car service, it was about twice that.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:37 am

Programs: United No Status Anymore, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Blue
Thanks, Global_Hi_Flyer - that's very helpful information! ^
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Don't we have a NYC Travel board for stuff like this?

If you don't like public transportation then take a cab. Figure $35+.
Berating the OP because he/she could have used a different board isn't productive. So what if there's a NYC board? And the OP didn't say anything about not liking public transportation - he/she was trying to find out what the best option was.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:06 pm

I always use Tel Aviv Car Service. 800-222-9888 or you can book online.
For a sedan they charge $29.00 + tips and tolls to Midtown, a Town Car is slightly more. Make your reservation, call them from baggage claim after you have collected your luggage and a car will pick you up in about 5 minutes. Much cleaner and nicer than a taxi for about the same price.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tfong007
Sadly they have the slowest elevator system on the planet.
Haven't heard many gripes lately...anyone stayed recently see if they finally worked out any of the kinks?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Bummer - I'm going to be there 10/24-26.

I lucked out w/ the elevators last year (no waits) & haven't been been back since then, so no update from me. Love the exec lounge.

Cheers.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:04 pm

Programs: aa-plat, nw-gold, ua, sw, marriot-plat, hh-silver, hz-presidents circle, amtrak-who knows
Check with the hotel to see if there is a shuttle or preferred car service they use.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:10 pm

I've used Carmellas Car Service several times. Always on time.
Call for cost (800) 924-9954.
Bob
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
It would be a nicer promotion at $250-$299/night. I would consider the promotion okay if you have 2 adults to a room and do not have lounge access (the breakfast buffet goes for $24.95+(tax&tip)).

The elevator was running fine during my visit in late May. I did not wait longer than 5 minutes for an elevator.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by michaelcoyote
Check with the hotel to see if there is a shuttle or preferred car service they use.
The hotels generally add a comission to any shuttle or car service they book for you. If you want a car service, book one on your own. Previous posters provided some choices and I have used Tel Aviv personally.

A car or taxi will definitely be your best if there is more than one person. I am typing this from the LGA airport where a colleague and I just finished a trip to NYC and split a taxi from the Marriott East Side ($29.50, including tolls but tip additional). My colleague took the Super Shuttle in from LGA, but it was during daylight hours ($15 plus tip).
Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
My weekly cab ride to Wall Street is $28.10 on the meter, $33 total, so Mid-town should be less. That's via the Brooklyn Bridge - if you can't get to mid-town without a toll, it's another $4.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
The new elevator system has drastically improved the overall Marriot Marquis experience. I have stayed for two weeks since the upgrade was complete and never waited more than 5 minutes, with average wait time a minute or two.

The rooms have fully embraced the new Marriott campaigns as well.

Also, has anyone looked at hotel prices in NY for Sept and Oct. $329 is pretty darn good. They are insanely high due to record demand.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:50 pm

Programs: United No Status Anymore, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Blue
Some Hiccups, But Great Service Recovery @ NY Marriott Marquis

First of all, thanks to all who had helped me w/ this trip - the cabs were about $35 w/ tip to/from LGA, and there were NO visable bed bugs

We got to the Marriott Marquis around 11:15 PM on a Friday night. Easy check-in - very pleasant woman at the counter who told us that the extra towels we requested through the Virtual Concierge would be in the room for us - great! We got to our room, however, and there were only the 3 standard bath towels, and much of the room was dirty - there was still someone's coffee in the coffee pot, there was spilled coffee on a table, etc. Also, there was not bottled water to be found - not even the $7 bottle for purchase.

At the front desk, they apologized and said they would send someone up to clean it and get us towels and put in some bottles of water - they only put them on the concierge floors, but since we're gold status, they said they would. We went off to look for food. We sat down at the Broadway Lounge, but it was midnight and they stopped serving food. We went up to the top floor lounge The View, but all they had was a skimpy buffett of salads for $27/person. We went back to the room to order room service. While we waited for our order, a housekeeper arrived (at 1 AM) to clean up the coffee pot and spilled coffee. No extra towels, no bottled water. Room service took over an hour for delivery. The man who delivered it told us that although the hotel was only at 50% capacity, the staff was having a hard time keeping up with everyone there. I can't even imagine what it would be like full!

There are 2 Starbucks in the hotel, and the one on the main floor was very efficient when I went there at 8 AM - it became much more crowded later. We tried to have breakfast at Encore in the hotel the next morning, but the line to get seated was about 60 people long. A nice man advised people to go across the street to Juniors, which we did.

We did talk to the people at the front desk in the AM, and we got a very nice response. They took $100 off our final bill, plus they gave us a $70 credit to use at Encore for breakfast the next morning. There were extra towels delivered when the room was cleaned later that day.

The rest of our stay was very pleasant, and we didn't encounter any more issues. We had a good late lunch in the Broadway Lounge, as well as a decent breakfast at Encore the next morning. All of the employees were polite and sincere. I do think that it is a massive hotel, and as all of the restaurants were packed all of the time we were there, I can't imagine what it would be like if it was sold out. That said, we greatly appreciate the generous response to the service issues that we encountered.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Sounds like more than "some" hiccups. I would put that down as a terrible Marriott stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.