Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:01 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
The Manhattan properties are like half the cost of that property. It looks crappy from the picture on the website.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 5:04 am

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
Do those dates coincide with the US Open (tennis) which is close to that property?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 8:16 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by Vasbyte
Do those dates coincide with the US Open (tennis) which is close to that property?
Good call, Vasbyte! Those dates are right in the middle of the U.S. Open at Flushing Meadows. ^
Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:30 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
The risk one takes with just putting any date in for a MR fare. Oh well my cpm's just shot sky high. I really don't want to stay in Manhattan with a 6 AM flight out the next morning on this MR.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
If the room has 2 Double Beds, it shouldn't matter whether you have 3 or 4 people in a room. As busy as most hotels are, they won't do a check to see if you have 3 or 4 in a room. You should be fine.

For example, if a family of four includes children, will the hotel deny the # of people or make them get an extra room? I don't think so.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
You're probably right. You may only receive 2 or 3 towels in your bathroom, but that's not an issue, as you can always request for more towels and bathroom amenities. Also, don't forget to leave a tip for the maid

Last edited by bdschobel; Mar 21, 2006 at 5:18 pm Reason: no need to quote immediately preceding post
Old Mar 23, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Elevators

Originally Posted by SeAAttle
I thought that they had some new system in which you select your floor and are directed to a particular elevator. We are staying there in May. Hope the elevators are working by then but it sounds like this is an ongoing problem.
I just finished a three day stay and thought the new elevator system was very efficient. There were several functions at the hotel, and the hotel was fully booked. Never waited more than 4-5 minutes.

As Platinum, paying a "group rate" of $250.00, was upgraded to a studio type large room overlooking Time Square. Also had access to the lounge, which had a great selection of food and drinks. Bar service available at reduced rates compared to the 8th floor bar.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Is there any Discount code that can be used to get the Marquis' rate below $150/night? Just curious as to whenever I had planned to stay there, the rate was always over $200/night?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
$150/night is well below even the government rate for NYC. You will essentially never find a rate that low. Weekday rates are much, much higher year-round. And unlike a lot of places, the Marquis doesn't discount its rates a whole lot on the weekends, because of tourism. Don't waste your time.

Bruce
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:25 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
New Courtyard Upper East Side opening delayed

Months ago I booked new Courtyard Upper East Side in NYC for mid-May, but got suspicious about the advertised on website) April opening a few weeks ago when I checked the rate online and found you could no longer book any rooms there before June 1. Called Marriott Guest services in early April to check on the status of the hotel, and, after quite a while on hold, was assured that the hotel was opening April 11. I was still skeptical and, lo and behold, just days later I received an e-mail stating that hotel wouldn't be open until mid-May. Although website now touts a May opening, the earliest date for booking rooms has been pushed back to July 1. Bottom line - I wouldn't bet on that mid-May date, or even June.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, US CP, *W Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Where on the upper east side is this? (I lived at 80th and York and would love to find a place near the old 'hood... )
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA DL
Same thing happened to me with Residence Inn Downtown Louisville - it was supposed to open around beginning of October 2005. It finally opened in December. I stayed there last month, very nice decor, same as the new RI in DC.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA DL
Originally Posted by dogmom11
Where on the upper east side is this? (I lived at 80th and York and would love to find a place near the old 'hood... )
It's on 1st Avenue at E 92nd Street. A bit out of the transportation hub but in a quieter neighborhood. I used to be your neighbor - upper E70's.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 2:03 pm

Which NYC Property?

For someone only staying in Manhattan for two days / one night (Sunday night) in May, do you recommend:

1. Marriott East Side

2. Courtyard -- Midtown East

3. Courtyard -- Times Square South

Easy access to the subway is a consideration.

Thanks in advance!
Globaltrekker
Old Apr 30, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Diamond, Hilton Silver
I am staying at the Courtyard Midtown East this weekend and from what I have heard and seen, it is a very nice renovated Courtyard with easy subway access.

I have stayed at the Marriott East Side before and it is pricey for nothing really special...but transit is easy as well on the 6 line.

I will report back next week with how the Courtyard was. I have to work this weekend up there......

Dagwood

Last edited by bdschobel; Apr 30, 2006 at 5:31 pm Reason: no need to quote immediately preceding post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.