Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I've received good elite treatment (Plat) at both the Marriott and Skyline (never stayed at the Renaissance so can't comment). I book the lowest level room and I've always gotten an upgrade at both hotels - but never a suite. My room preferences have always been honored at both hotels (away from elevator).

As for transportation to the city, neither hotel is awesome. I take the free bus back to Heathrow Central, and then Tube/Heathrow Express/Heathrow Connect to central London.

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Arriving in T5 on BA, then staying overnight and flying out on SQ (which I believe is T2, one I have never used before)

For my dates:

Renaissance is GBP 72
Sheraton Skyline is GBP 80
Marriott Heathrow is GBP 114
Sheraton Heathrow is GBP 73
Moxy Heathrow is GBP 68

If Skyline has a nice pool etc then I'd be tempted to use that. Which one is also more convenient for taking public transport into the city?

I hold Plat so elite treatment also relevant to the equation.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:15 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The Marriott is too pricey to compete here. Both the Moxy and Sheraton are somewhat inconvenient and as priced comparably to the Renaissance and Skyline are also out leaving just the Ren and Skyline. Both are equally convenient for the free bus, Skyline rooms are a lot larger and it has a pool. Lounge is 2 hours self serve whereas Ren lounge is served apps, beer and wine, but serving for 4 hours and great runway views. Both allow lounge guests full buffet breakfast in the restaurant.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Thanks for the feedback all - probably leaning towards Sheraton Skyline at this stage.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Thanks for the feedback all - probably leaning towards Sheraton Skyline at this stage.
please note the pool is open from 16.00 only on weekdays.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I've stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow and the Sheraton Skyline quite a bit.

The Sheraton Skyline has more food options in the area and a delicious Indian restaurant in the hotel. The rooms are pretty old. Lounge is ok. There is a pool. More convenient for non-T5 terminals.

The Sheraton Heathrow has been renovated and the rooms are cozy, although on the small side. Food options are pretty limited (McDonald's across the street), and I didn't really enjoy the restaurant. The gym is meh. Convenient for T5 though.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Seems prices have dropped for my dates and the Ren is now GBP 63, the Skyline at GBP 81. What are prices like normally - given that the properties appear to be comparable and the Ren is newly renovated, I'm inclined to save the money and book the Ren.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Seems prices have dropped for my dates and the Ren is now GBP 63, the Skyline at GBP 81. What are prices like normally - given that the properties appear to be comparable and the Ren is newly renovated, I'm inclined to save the money and book the Ren.
i have to be honest having visited these types of hotels unless we are talking T5 Sofitel level requirements I just go for whichever is cheapest.

Moxy is cheap and cheerful but bus will cost a £1 or so
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I've never stayed at the Ren, but for 63GBP...I would.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:48 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Stayed at the Ren many times both before and after its comprehensive refurb. At £63 it’s good value, lounge has a a long 4-hour service. That’s where I’d choose at that rate!
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:08 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Stayed at the Ren many times both before and after its comprehensive refurb. At £63 it’s good value, lounge has a a long 4-hour service. That’s where I’d choose at that rate!
The Ren is still a dump and the lounge food in the evening is a joke. At those prices I would go with the Skyline.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke777
I've stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow and the Sheraton Skyline quite a bit.

The Sheraton Skyline has more food options in the area and a delicious Indian restaurant in the hotel. The rooms are pretty old. Lounge is ok. There is a pool. More convenient for non-T5 terminals.

The Sheraton Heathrow has been renovated and the rooms are cozy, although on the small side. Food options are pretty limited (McDonald's across the street), and I didn't really enjoy the restaurant. The gym is meh. Convenient for T5 though.
Taking a leap here -- stayed at the Ren in the past but have a stay early September coming from south England and the Indian restaurant is swaying my opinion since I don't think I'll get be eating before heading to LHR....the Skyline itself is out of policy but looks like the Marriott is next door/within walking distance

Last edited by Duke787; Jul 21, 2019 at 10:23 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duke787
Taking a leap here -- stayed at the Ren in the past but have a stay early September coming from south England and the Indian restaurant is swaying my opinion since I don't think I'll get be eating before heading to LHR....the Skyline itself is out of policy but looks like the Marriott is next door/within walking distance
The Marriott is very close and looks a lot nicer. You can still dine at Madhu's next door.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the Marriott last night. Ended up eating at Dishoom before heading to LHR so can't comment in Madhu's (but Dishoom of course is amazing).

Got upgraded to an executive floor room (somehow had booked a double by accident). Room was nice, view was of the interior aka other rooms. Got there too late to see lounge offerings but was impressed to see they serve wine/beer until 11pm and not just for a short happy hour.

Easy Uber to T3.

Would stay again though a tossup with the Ren -- maybe slight edge to Ren if you get the runway views.

Though as a DL person will likely look to book the HGI T2 going forward if in policy and only book one of the Marriotts if it isn't since the short walk over to T3 is very convenient.

Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
The Marriott is too pricey to compete here. Both the Moxy and Sheraton are somewhat inconvenient and as priced comparably to the Renaissance and Skyline are also out leaving just the Ren and Skyline.
I used to be a Skyline guy, but the past few times I've stayed at Moxy and quite liked it. It's relatively new, clean and modern; but the rooms are small. It has a definitely and noticeably different vibe, and one that I quite like. For example, there's no FD. You check in at the bar in the lobby. They're really nice, too. When I was checking out, the couple before me had just missed the bus because of the line for checkout. They were worried about making their flight, so Moxy paid for a taxi to take them back to the airport. Another thing that I like is that it's in a neighborhood. There are shops, a little market down the street, local people out and about.

All that said, it is inconvenient. I used the red bus the first time I stayed there, but not again. Now I Uber both ways. The red bus is a regular London city bus which makes many stops on the way to Moxy, and it can be crowded.

Views? It's just slightly off center (to the north) of the final approach to runway 27R, and fairly close to the runway; so if your room is on the correct side of the hotel (mine was on my last stay), you can get some great views of aircraft just before they land.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Leaving the REN today

It has been a lovely stay. Our room was renovated and looks like typical London room. Small but efficient. Hotel upgraded me from regular to superior room. I am LTT, choice of breakfast in lounge, or downstairs at the restaurant. Restaurant was buffet style and had lots of choices. Did do the happy hour in lounge last night, free beer wine and an appetizer plate had there of four little bites, was nice. Staff VERY friendly, and obviously well trained. Would happily stay here again. We took the hoopa shuttle, was 5.90 pounds per person. Left as soon as we got in, ten minutes or so to the hotel. Hotel is surprisingly quiet. I am a light sleeper. While you hear planes, it more like background sounds. If I remember I paid 68 pounds. Would have been less if the BRG people new how to do math.

Also to note. Flight arrived 9am, got luggage and got to hotel lets say 10am, I had asked via email if I could check in early, they said it would be a game day decision, but they would note my reservation. When I arrived, they said it would be roughly 30 min, and then room would be ready, probably less than that, I was in the room napping.

Last edited by OTPorBust; Oct 9, 2019 at 1:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.