Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:56 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Rates at the moxy heathrow have gone up a lot.
Few years ago they were priced between 30 and 60 GBP per night....now the average is 80 to 95 GBP per night.
For that rate you might as well stay at one of the full service hotels closer to the airport.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Rates at the moxy heathrow have gone up a lot.
Few years ago they were priced between 30 and 60 GBP per night....now the average is 80 to 95 GBP per night.
For that rate you might as well stay at one of the full service hotels closer to the airport.
Completely agree, I stayed at LHR REN last month, it was cheaper than the Moxy rate, has a lounge and I got a suite. Only downside is the noise if you are not a fan of the aircraft and your room is runway side. Breakfast was fairly decent as well.

jonisflying likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:34 pm

At the London Heathrow Marriott right now. 25BP from T5, Uber wanted 30. I would give the Sheraton a shot next time.

Just an hour so far and this stay is... interesting. This is a pretty big hotel and I got my steps in. First set of keys didn't work. Second set of keys did work but they gave us a single king after telling us it was two queens. Third set of keys greeted us to a very poorly kept room. Stains all over the carpet. Stains on the bed. Coffee table unsturdy with missing pieces of stabilizing wood. Dust covering most of the surfaces. Bathroom smells of urine.

Also, oddly the sheet on the bed was also placed wrong, exposing the top 4" or so of the mattress protector, so I had to remake the bed.

Bed looks clean enough and we're here for just 8 hours so we're heading to bed but jeez I'd think I'm at a super 8.

Last edited by applesauce; Mar 19, 2023 at 4:03 am
Old Mar 19, 2023, 12:24 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
I know you must have been tired of trudging down to the desk, but otherwise, I'd say you shouldn't have to accept a substandard room and they should have moved you.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 1:26 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by applesauce
At the London Heathrow Marriott right now. 25BP from T5, Uber wanted 30. I would give the Sheraton a shot next time.

Just an hour so far and this stay is... interesting. This is a pretty big hotel and I got my steps in. First set of keys didn't work. Second set of keys did work but they gave us a single king after telling us it was two queens. Third set of keys greeted us to a very poorly kept room. Stains all over the carpet. Stains on the bed. Coffee table unsturdy with missing pieces of stabilizing wood. Dust covering most of the surfaces. Bathroom smells of urine.

Bed looks clean enough and we're here for just 8 hours so we're heading to bed but jeez I'd think I'm at a super 8.
Originally Posted by JayeJ
I know you must have been tired of trudging down to the desk, but otherwise, I'd say you shouldn't have to accept a substandard room and they should have moved you.
Agree with JayeJ - unclean rooms are not acceptable, no matter the chain, and they should compensate you for the back and forth.
JayeJ likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:15 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Maybe a slightly different question but which central'ish London Bonvoy hotel is most convenient to LHR... like 1 Underground train (no connecting), short walk, etc... maybe 20-25 minutes from LHR...
Old Jul 27, 2023, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Maybe a slightly different question but which central'ish London Bonvoy hotel is most convenient to LHR... like 1 Underground train (no connecting), short walk, etc... maybe 20-25 minutes from LHR...
I've always thought the Kensington Marriott was the best for that criteria. Choice of two Piccadilly Tube stops about equidistant.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
The Park Tower is right next to the Knightsbridge station (if you can figure out how to get to the right exit). Also Green Park is not far away from the Sheraton Park Lane.

Also, as mentioned above, the Marriott Kensington is a short walk from Gloucester road station.
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 6:36 am

Bear in mind though that the tube will take 40-45 mins
Old Jul 27, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
I should have also mentioned that the Elizabeth Line opens up some other possibilities. For example, I went from Terminal 5 to Canary Wharf Marriott on one train earlier this year. However, as pointed out above, this takes more time.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by KingCanute
Bear in mind though that the tube will take 40-45 mins
With stops as well.

I did it once in 2007, with 2 pieces of large luggage, and transferring to the central line and getting of the Marble Arch station (Where there are no escalators to exit).
Old Sep 26, 2023, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Looked through some past post but still a bit confused. Is the Renaissance the best option for an early morning T2 departure?

I will be in London Thanksgiving weekend and apparently Heathrow Express is not running at all on Nov 25 and Nov 26
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Looked through some past post but still a bit confused. Is the Renaissance the best option for an early morning T2 departure?

I will be in London Thanksgiving weekend and apparently Heathrow Express is not running at all on Nov 25 and Nov 26
Renaissance is the closest to T2 within the Marriott brand. There's a few hotels at T2/T3. In my experience quickest way to get to T2 in the morning from the hotel would be the public bus, one stop, or uber should you have lots of luggage.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JCT001
Renaissance is the closest to T2 within the Marriott brand. There's a few hotels at T2/T3. In my experience quickest way to get to T2 in the morning from the hotel would be the public bus, one stop, or uber should you have lots of luggage.
Thanks. Will give Renaissance a shot then. Rate is good.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks. Will give Renaissance a shot then. Rate is good.
There's a promo for extra points - same cost as flex rate. I'm there in November too for 1 night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.