Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

As of June 2022 :

Chambers Club opening hours:
Opens at 7am until 10pm
Club’s Breakfast : Weekdays : 7am-11am, Weekends: 7am-12pm
Club’s Pre-Dinner Snacks : Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of Ł80 per person.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FWIW, the hotel market in London - particularly at the higher end - is currently very buoyant, with high occupancy and high rates. I would think that the recent decline in 'excellent upgrades' at this property are a reflection of this situation, rather than a negative change in hotel upgrade policy.
Correct. I stayed at St Pancras in 2018 (Lifetime Titanium or was it Platinum with about 1200 nights at the time). It was my 50th and we used points. They charged me for an upgrade. It was an experience but wouldn’t rush back as we order Canary Wharf and they look after us so well
Old Nov 25, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by stuartpig
Correct. I stayed at St Pancras in 2018 (Lifetime Titanium or was it Platinum with about 1200 nights at the time). It was my 50th and we used points. They charged me for an upgrade. It was an experience but wouldn’t rush back as we order Canary Wharf and they look after us so well
You can't compare the 2 hotels as they are both so different.

One is an Gothic architectural master piece, and one is a "building"
Old Nov 28, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: Accor Classic, BA Silver, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Marriott Gold
I'd been wanting to stay at the Renaissance St Pancras for a long time and was really looking forward to my stay. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a disappointing experience.

I stayed two nights, before and after a trip to Edinburgh. The first stay went very well. I'd booked a Superior King Bedroom and was allocated a spacious room with a lovely view over the Francis Crick Institute. The second stay went less well. I'd booked a Premier King Bedroom. The first room I was allocated was a tiny room with a view of a brick wall. After returning to reception, the receptionist was adamant that I'd reserved a Superior King Bedroom. She only grudgingly reassigned me to a Premier King Bedroom when I showed her the email showing I'd reserved a Premier King Bedroom. The only Premier King Bedroom remaining was an accessible room. On checking out the following morning, the same receptionist was on duty. When she asked how my stay had been, I replied that I was disappointed how long it had taken to get the room that I had reserved the night before. She repeated that I'd only booked a Superior King Bedroom (so presumably I should have been grateful for the 'free' upgrade). I asked to see the manager. Together, I think we got to the bottom of the problem. I'd originally booked a Superior King Bedroom on 10 June, but modified the reservation to a Premier King Bedroom on 18 June. The manager explained that Marriott IT had only forwarded the original reservation to the hotel.

I can see why some reviews describe the Renaissance St Pancras as two hotels under one roof and that the Barlow rooms are 'only' standard Marriott rooms. However, they are standard Marriott rooms, so I don't see much to complain about (though I wasn't keen on the room with a view of a brick wall). The public areas are architecturally interesting and the location is very convenient for catching trains from St Pancras and Kings Cross. The scrambled eggs at breakfast were some of the best I've had at a hotel

On a happier note, I hope that I made someone's day. I went for a walk after breakfast. Outside the hotel, a passer-by asked me whether St Pancras is a church. I replied that it's a railway station and a hotel. I explained that scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed at St Pancras. At the mention of Harry Potter, his young girl's face lit up. I explained that while many of the scenes had been filmed at St Pancras, Platform 9 3/4 is actually next door at Kings Cross, next to the Harry Potter Store. I showed them how to get to Kings Cross and how to find Platform 9 3/4. He said they were visiting from the Falkland Islands and that he was very pleased to have met me.
JamboAddick likes this.

Last edited by dewidaniels; Nov 28, 2023 at 9:00 am
Old Dec 27, 2023, 6:24 am

Crappy stay

Had a crappy stay a few nights ago - multiple issues. Hotel told me through chat on the app they’d contact me “the next day” about a resolution. Then “the next day” they said in another day - now it’s been 4 days. Anyone have an email for the gm at the hotel?
plus…they found a way to charge me on my credit card on an award stay. Argh
Old Dec 27, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by johnsmith
Had a crappy stay a few nights ago - multiple issues. Hotel told me through chat on the app they’d contact me “the next day” about a resolution. Then “the next day” they said in another day - now it’s been 4 days. Anyone have an email for the gm at the hotel?
plus…they found a way to charge me on my credit card on an award stay. Argh
I wouldn't bother with emailing the GM, it could easily be said they are the route issue with the problems at this hotel. The attitude is terrible and I would inform them of the credit card charge, if they don't respond do a charge back and raise a formal complaint with Marriott, which will come to very little as Marriott like the fact the hotel makes money, but at least covers you in regards informing them should the hotel push back over the chargeback.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 3:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Such a shame how this hotel has turned out. I was fortunate enough to have some great stays and upgrades when it first opened.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I wouldn't bother with emailing the GM, it could easily be said they are the route issue with the problems at this hotel.
I disagree. I WOULD email them and tell them about your dissatisfaction and give productive feedback. I reached an amicable solution after 3 disappointing stays.

Email them at [email protected]
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I disagree. I WOULD email them and tell them about your dissatisfaction and give productive feedback. I reached an amicable solution after 3 disappointing stays.

Email them at [email protected]
Why would you continue to stay at a property that disappoints you multiple times?

Regards
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by scubadu
Why would you continue to stay at a property that disappoints you multiple times?
It's the best location for transportation as has direct connections to LHR and the North of England on the train.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
It's the best location for transportation as has direct connections to LHR and the North of England on the train.
I’d definitely recommend moving 30 metres to the Great Northern Hotel which is usually cheaper and is really quite good (non-elites will want to avoid the base rooms).
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Any reason suite upgrade award selections are so poor at this property ?
Basically I can only chose ONE single other room category for a upgrade award, and it's still in the barlow wing.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:54 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Basically I can only chose ONE single other room category for a upgrade award, and it's still in the barlow wing.
They used to offer a junior suite in the SNA pool but they pulled it recently. By all accounts, this has coincided with a general deterioration in how the hotel treats elites.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Lidl Sapphire
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
I wouldn't bother - even if the SNA clears they will likely not honour it.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by MikeyBee
I wouldn't bother - even if the SNA clears they will likely not honour it.
frequent use of the “Marriott upgraded by error” at this hotel. It’s a joke!
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently as titanium and was expecting the worst after reading about all the bad experiences here.

Was pleasantly surprised as I was upgraded (without me asking) to a Chambers Suite facing the train tracks in the old heritage part of hotel near above front entrance. Perhaps the fact that I was staying only 1 night helped them give me an upgrade...if my stay was any more than 1 night maybe they would have not done it.

Full access given to Chambers Lounge as titanium member.
Lounge still has high quality items as I remember it back in 2019.

3 small details I think people should know if they stay here:

The heritage chambers "suites" are not all really suites. In my room there was no couch or sofa or dining table in the room, and it was still just 1 room, without a separate seating area.

Was disappointed that the bathroom had a bathtub rather than a walk-shower. It looked like a modern furnished room and modern bathroom, so surprised they decided to go for installing bathtubs.

You can only order 1 warm item from the breakfast menu in the main restaurant. The rest of the buffet (while extensive) is all cold items. If you want more than 1 warm breakfast dish you will have to pay extra or go to the lounge (if you have it included).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.