Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jaynyc
I just checked in. My rate has me in the East Wing (facing the towers). Was told that I could upgrade to the West Wing for more $. I declined. Starting to rethink that. The room is a dump. 2 star rating at best. Worn would be an understatement. I am surprised that Marriott would let their rooms decline to this point.

I was staying at the Hilton in the Sentral area. The Hilton is far superior but this property has a better location.
We stayed at the West wing and the room was very nice ... the lounge is nice too. Try and see if you can still switch.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:45 am

We where last week there, and we booked the (better) west wing but there was no more availability at check inn. So they upgraded us to a rennovated lifestyle room in the east wing (3 floors).

The room was very nice but no bathtube ! (only rain shower) . There is also a lounge for this room types (it was open the first day at our stay). They old rooms at the east wing are really outdated.

The most hated thing in this hotel ist that they are always buissy, and overcrowded. Waiting at Check Inn, Breakfast, Check out..
Waiting, waiting, waiting.

And they charge around 20 Dollar for a 24 hr slow Internet access (cable !). This is a reason for me to boycott this hotel in future.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:54 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Kuala Lumpur: JW or Westin

3or4nights in KL
For my dates the Renaissance is about 350RM and the JW and Westin about 580RM.
The JW and the Westin are next to each other. The Westin looks newer and i have the chance for getting a suite upgrade.
I've read the Renaissance reviews, i think will stay there on the first night because it is a good rate and i want to see the property ( it is close to KL Tower which i want to visit on the first day ). Then changin over to the Westin or JW.
the JW would be a nice opportunity to use the certificates from megabonus as it is cat 4
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Key questions : - is the Ren really so bad ?
- Westin or JW or Ritz ( no Club-level though unless i book it )
Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:16 am

I will skip the Ren because it's really old and a bit of walk to KLCC.

I like the JW because the Pavilion is just opposite and a lot more around (but I hate the old desk chair...)
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
I stayed at the Westin and the Ritz about 4-5 years ago and loved them both. The Westin is really nice and their lounge was also very nice with great staff. Very noveau.
The Ritz was older and much more classic. A much better and a much more spacious club lounge with food presentation five times a day. Again, great staff.

You can't go wrong with either, so whichever gets you a better deal and a lounge access would be my suggestion..
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:07 am

I have stayed at both the JW and the Westin. The JW is a little more opulent in the lobby. The Westin has that modern trendy look that a lot of Westins have.

The JW Exec Lounge is larger and more airy, but the staff at the Westin Exec Lounge is fantastic.

If you want to spend one night close to KLCC, I would suggest the Sheraton. I got an upgrade to a suite with an unobstructed view of the towers. When lit up at night, it definitely redlined the romance meter. If you are stag, it is still a great view.

Also, you are more likely to get a Plat suite upgrade at the Imperial than the Westin.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Renaissance aren't that bad. I have stayed there few times which everytimes got upgrade to Junior Suite. But the service is only at 3-4 star. JW Marriot was indeed in good location but I found their basic room was tired while Westin was good but sometimes when peak season, guest are outnumbered their staff so their service sucks.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
I found the rates at Renaissance are reasonable. Got constant upgrade to Jr Suite whenever I check in. Most importantly, I'm only accept upgrade through West Wing. Agree on check in and check out service, was slow everytime I was there.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
JW or Ritz

Hi

Just to share my experience I stayed (as a gold) in the JW KL for one night at the start of Nov and was upgraded to a very nice suite, elite recognition seems to be good here. I would also comment that the elite lounge is pretty good in the JW KL.

One might also consider the Ritz - after all if you don't like either of them it's not a very long trip to move to the other :-)

I would also note that when there was a (fairly minor) issue with my bill in the JW upon which I commented in a follow-up guest survey sent to me by the hotel, I was contacted by a hotel representative and the matter was handled superbly and with great courtesy by the hotel.

Given my experiences I'd certainly recommend the JW.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by catharsis
Hi

Just to share my experience I stayed (as a gold) in the JW KL for one night at the start of Nov and was upgraded to a very nice suite, elite recognition seems to be good here. I would also comment that the elite lounge is pretty good in the JW KL.

One might also consider the Ritz - after all if you don't like either of them it's not a very long trip to move to the other :-)

I would also note that when there was a (fairly minor) issue with my bill in the JW upon which I commented in a follow-up guest survey sent to me by the hotel, I was contacted by a hotel representative and the matter was handled superbly and with great courtesy by the hotel.

Given my experiences I'd certainly recommend the JW.
I remember upon my complaints to certain issues on previous stays at JW Marriott KL, the MD of the hotel had come to see me in two occasions, and one time called my mobile to apologize.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 8:55 am

I stayed at the Traders hotel in November, but conducted a site inspection if the JW which I found to be superb. Very tasteful decor, extremely courteous staff, interesting menus and superb location. It''s a credit to the hotel that the worst impression I walked away with was that their elevators were a little slow when called.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Pools at Kuala Lumpur properties

Both the JW and Renaissance in Kuala Lumpur websites list out their swimming pools as outdoor for children.
Has anyone been to either/both of these properties?
If so, is the information posted correct (hopefully not)??
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe what they mean is they have regular pool and a children's pool, both outdoors. Not that their only pool is for children.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:20 pm

Platinum Renaissance KL

Just checked into the Renaissance Kuala Lumpur. As a platinum member I received an upgrade to a one bedroom Renaissance suite with club floor access. Food amenity (deep fried prawn crackers) was in room waiting which had obviously been sitting there for a very long time as it was stale and inedible.
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this hotel on the board but I will provide more feedback at the end of my stay.

Last edited by NQflyer; Mar 10, 2012 at 4:21 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NQflyer
Just checked into the Renaissance Kuala Lumpur. As a platinum member I received an upgrade to a one bedroom Renaissance suite with club floor access. Food amenity (deep fried prawn crackers) was in room waiting which had obviously been sitting there for a very long time as it was stale and inedible.
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this hotel on the board but I will provide more feedback at the end of my stay.
Thanks; please do provide an update. It would be appreciated by your fellow FTers.

Also, if you could do an update on whether the lounge is open on weekends. If not, if breakfast coupons are provided. If not, if it's key accessible for sodas. Also, if there's free wifi or internet in the lounge. If you won't be there on a weekend, if you could ask the FD & report back, that would be great. I'll update the exec lounge sticky when you do.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.