Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by ymx
Is there a Marriott web page that still has the language around rollover nights counting towards Lifetime status?
http://www.marriott.com/marriott/eliterollover.mi
Old May 27, 2016, 3:57 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
This page doesn't contain the language around rollerover nights contributing to lifetime status that I'm looking for.

There used to be language on the website as follows. This is what I'm looking for a current link to:

Achieving Marriott Rewards® Elite Lifetime Status
There’s a special place reserved for you when you reach the highest earning levels as a Marriott Rewards member. It’s Elite Lifetime status, and once you get there, it’s yours forever to keep. The only time your status can change is when you achieve the next Elite level up. Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card.
Old May 28, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, Marriott Gold, SPG
[QUOTE=ymx;26691675]This page doesn't contain the language around rollerover nights contributing to lifetime status that I'm looking for.

There used to be language on the website as follows. This is what I'm looking for a current link to:

Achieving Marriott Rewards® Elite Lifetime Status
There’s a special place reserved for you when you reach the highest earning levels as a Marriott Rewards member. It’s Elite Lifetime status, and once you get there, it’s yours forever to keep. The only time your status can change is when you achieve the next Elite level up. Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card.[/QUOTE

Roll over nights do indeed count twice. I'm only 1.5 years in so I did the math and my roll over nights from year one have been counted twice
Old May 28, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by willyplur
Roll over nights do indeed count twice. I'm only 1.5 years in so I did the math and my roll over nights from year one have been counted twice
If I've got this right: The poster appears to understand that rollover nights have historically counted twice, but is pointing out the previous language on the Website called for those nights to count a second time. It appears from where the poster is looking that the language has been removed. The poster is asking if anyone can find similar language still on the site...

In other words, the poster is indicating that the language being taken off the site may indicate rollover nights may stop counting a second time towards lifetime status.
Old May 28, 2016, 1:32 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CJKatl
If I've got this right: The poster appears to understand that rollover nights have historically counted twice, but is pointing out the previous language on the Website called for those nights to count a second time. It appears from where the poster is looking that the language has been removed. The poster is asking if anyone can find similar language still on the site...

In other words, the poster is indicating that the language being taken off the site may indicate rollover nights may stop counting a second time towards lifetime status.
This is exactly my question. I am having some issues with my MR account and would like to find a current link that has this language. It seems to have been taken off the current site.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:27 pm

Edit: disregard this, re-read and thought you were looking for status, not terms of status

--

They've hidden it, but it is still there:

- My Account; Account Overview

- Click on "Nights" in the top banner (the hyperlink under the number of nights you have for the year)

- That will give a popup with your lifetime status
Old May 28, 2016, 10:23 pm

A little late to the party. Joined in 2009, so roughly seven years.

Silver Lifetime Status

Nights 610

Points 1,390,196

I will have two huge events in early 2017, so they will all yield 350k - 400k points. LT PLT is in sight!

You guys rock! So many LT PLT with as many as 8M points here! I am thinking to start looking into Hilton after getting LT PLT in Marriott. I was supposed to go more with SPG, but since SPG will be with MR soon, it saves me a lot more of hassle!

UA - 0.99 MM -> 1MM in sight.
AA - 1.37 MM
Marriott - 1.39M
DL - 0.29 MM

Gotta keep running!

PS: If Marriott can do something like the LT status gift, it would have been so much nicer experience! However, I highly doubt they would like to do it at all.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; May 28, 2016 at 10:29 pm
Old May 29, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Signed up for MR in July 2012 when I got my consulting job out of college. Should hit lifetime platinum this year

Nights: 731

I was thinking of trying out Hyatt if they have properties in the area i'm in, which isn't the case most of the time anyway.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Signed up in September 2011
I'm at 780 nights and 2,150,000
Should be at 2,450,000 according to my calculations but looks like MR deducted points transferred out of the account.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:15 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Should be at 2,450,000 according to my calculations but looks like MR deducted points transferred out of the account.
And those points will now go toward that other account's LT totals.

I think that is Marriott's way of keeping someone from trying to move points back and forth to artificially reach LT status.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
And those points will now go toward that other account's LT totals.

I think that is Marriott's way of keeping someone from trying to move points back and forth to artificially reach LT status.
True but they should count for the member who earned them. I understand if points transferred to an account from another don't count. But if I'm being nice and giving points away, why take them away from my lifetime total?

Doesn't really make a difference for me since I'm already lifetime platinum but this could help others.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:37 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by sammyindc
True but they should count for the member who earned them. I understand if points transferred to an account from another don't count. But if I'm being nice and giving points away, why take them away from my lifetime total?

Doesn't really make a difference for me since I'm already lifetime platinum but this could help others.
I assume Marriott doesn't have any logic to identify the source of points not counting towards LT status since points from any source (CC, stays, bonus, even purchased I believe) all count. I think it's also backwards as well... why not make it so points transferred into another person's account don't count towards their lifetime status, but you've still stayed and paid so you should keep it.

I believe earlier in the thread someoen actually dropped to LT Gold from Plat when they transferred enough points out to go under 2 million.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter
I assume Marriott doesn't have any logic to identify the source of points not counting towards LT status since points from any source (CC, stays, bonus, even purchased I believe) all count. I think it's also backwards as well... why not make it so points transferred into another person's account don't count towards their lifetime status, but you've still stayed and paid so you should keep it.

I believe earlier in the thread someoen actually dropped to LT Gold from Plat when they transferred enough points out to go under 2 million.
Exactly! They can easily identify who actually earned the points. I have a feeling some of this might change with the SPG merger. We'll have to see what will happen to the lifetime program rules.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
Rollover of Nights Stayed

I have a question similar to the lifetime status question. In the past, I've noticed that at the beginning of each year I start out with some nights already accrued towards Platinum for the next year. I'm never certain how that is calculated since it does not seem to be the nights stayed in the previous year minus 75. It seems like there is a number around 100 that serves as the starting point for rollover. I've been searching the Marriott web site and can't find any reference to this. Does anyone know if this is still part of the program and if so, how it is calculated?
Old May 31, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by ksweeney
I have a question similar to the lifetime status question. In the past, I've noticed that at the beginning of each year I start out with some nights already accrued towards Platinum for the next year. I'm never certain how that is calculated since it does not seem to be the nights stayed in the previous year minus 75. It seems like there is a number around 100 that serves as the starting point for rollover. I've been searching the Marriott web site and can't find any reference to this. Does anyone know if this is still part of the program and if so, how it is calculated?
Rollover nights do not rollover again the following year.
Imagine the following scenario:
You start 2016 with 5 rollover nights.
End 2016 you have 100 nights.
Rollover for 2017: 100-75-5=20... and not 25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.