Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:53 am

Also...can anyone confirm that ONLY the RBC suites have balconies? I am hoping that SNA's would apply to RBC but understand if only available on Westin rooms BUT unclear if these suites have a balcony. Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Property to be converted to timeshares "over time"

FYI
For Vistana Signature Experiences owners this is probably not news since it was part of the transfer of ownership of Starwood Vacation Ownership to Interval Leisure Group. Last week, ILG owners were notified that "We are excited to announce that we will be converting these Vistana™ Signature Experiences properties, currently hotels, into stylish vacation villas over time." One of those properties is The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by NavyTraveler
Also...can anyone confirm that ONLY the RBC suites have balconies? I am hoping that SNA's would apply to RBC but understand if only available on Westin rooms BUT unclear if these suites have a balcony. Thanks
I was on the SPG floor, and definitely no balcony there (ocean view) in March. The topmost floor of each building may have had a balcony, but not sure what those rooms are classified as.

Shame about the conversion if it means getting rid of this hotel. Probably my favorite location on the Cancun hotel strip -- close enough to the action if you want to go there, but far enough away to stay quiet at night.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by fezzington
. . .

Shame about the conversion if it means getting rid of this hotel. Probably my favorite location on the Cancun hotel strip -- close enough to the action if you want to go there, but far enough away to stay quiet at night.
The location will not be going away. It will simply become a timeshare property over time and if the historical relationship with Starwood (Marriott) continues then the property would still be available for rent (as a hotel) to non-owners of the timeshare.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Fezzington I have a booking here and would appreciate any recommendations for dining and drinking especially close to the hotel if you have any please.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Platinum upgrades to RBC

I see mixed comments. If available can anyone confirm if Platinums are given space avail upgrades to RBC at check in? If not upgraded do you get access to the club lounge?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
I see mixed comments. If available can anyone confirm if Platinums are given space avail upgrades to RBC at check in? If not upgraded do you get access to the club lounge?
I have been there twice and have never been upgraded to the RBC, but I've always received breakfast and access to happy hour in the dining area for being a platinum. Going back in January this year... the amount of points required for this hotel makes it a very attractive option for a quick/cheap beach getaway
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I have been there twice and have never been upgraded to the RBC, but I've always received breakfast and access to happy hour in the dining area for being a platinum. Going back in January this year... the amount of points required for this hotel makes it a very attractive option for a quick/cheap beach getaway
Thanks for confirming. A nicer room would be great, but happy hour f/b is what I care about most. Was a pretty good value for purchase as well. Heading there next week.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Please let me know on walk able restaurants and bars. Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
We liked Navios 10min walk up north. Not cheap but lovely setting and decent food.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:11 am

What is the RBC?

We are going for Christmas and I am Platinum. Is the Concierge serving breakfast? I assume I will get access?

That would be a great savings to me with five of us going.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
RBC = Royal Beach Club

It's a separate wing of the hotel with a lounge. The lounge does serve breakfast, but I was given the option of eating bf in the restaurant which is far superior.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
RBC = Royal Beach Club

It's a separate wing of the hotel with a lounge. The lounge does serve breakfast, but I was given the option of eating bf in the restaurant which is far superior.
At the property now. Had a very cheap rate for lowest cost room, but got free platinum upgrade to an ocean view RBC room with lounge access.

The evening service was not bad 5:00-7:00 drinks and light snacks. Was not offered breakfast in the restaurant so will stick to the lounge.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
At the property now. Had a very cheap rate for lowest cost room, but got free platinum upgrade to an ocean view RBC room with lounge access.

The evening service was not bad 5:00-7:00 drinks and light snacks. Was not offered breakfast in the restaurant so will stick to the lounge.
Your RBC bracelet will get you into the main restaurant breakfast and it is far superior! FYI you can make yourself a nice Mimosa at the RBC breakfast if you feel parched during the long walk to the main restaurant, which is dry. You can also make a sandwich to-go before leaving the main restaurant which will surely get you through to Happy Hour at the RBC! Cheers! ;-)

Last edited by Sean Hanley; Dec 2, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
The one thing that drove me nuts about RBC evening service is they only offer bread plates to eat on. For people who like salad, it's impossible to put more than 4-5 pieces of lettuce on there. I asked for and received a larger plate. Staff started bringing me one without my asking. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.