Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Studio City Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Studio City Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 9:14 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, HH Gold, LH Senator
Sam,

thanks a lot for your quick answer!^
I think iŽll book the Four Points - even if it got no Lounge anymore.

IŽll post when iŽm back.

Cheers

Nidecker
Old Nov 1, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Hope this is not to late...but yes they do have a club lounge. It is on the next to the top floor....maybe floor 21 (not exactly sure).

Happy Travels!
Old Nov 2, 2008, 1:13 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Certainly wasnt told of one when stayed in September.And the non-smoking room had a heavy smoke odour.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
I just stayed there in December and they were advertising a "Platinum and Gold reception" on Wednesday evenings. No mention of a club lounge this time like when I stayed before it was a Four Points
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Last summer I had a 1 night AAA stay,Invoice said not elegible for credit.
FO manager was cluless,after a week a faxed in my folio to SPG.
Even Platinum conceirge commented what PTA the front office when she contacted them.Finally got the stay to post 10 days after checking out.

Would make think twice again before staying there.
Wonder if this is what happened to me... I stayed there twice in December, both on AAA rates and neither of them posted. The first went through missing credit on spg.com no problem, the 2nd is asking me to fax the folio. I have never had problems with AAA rates booked on spg.com going through on other hotels, but I do notice now the folio states I have earned "at least 0 starpoints for this stay"
Do they have a computer issue at the Fourt Points Studio City?
I like the hotel, I've stayed there a few times on my visits to Orlando but I think this was my first time there since it converted from a Sheraton
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
We stayed there last Oct for 2 nights when we went to Halloween Horror Nights. I booked it via the 500 miles online booking thing when the call centres were busy. The normal points posted within a week, not sure of how long since we were on a cruise and didn't go online too much. I had to chase the 500 online booking bonus as it didn't post automatically but I got it in the end. It was a decent hotel, we had several friends there. The shuttle to Universal was never on time, that might have been because of HHN as it is a shared shuttle with other hotels.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:10 pm
oc1

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 1K.
Booked cheapest room for $98 a night, and was upgraded to high floor - nothing special room-wise.

No lounge - the front desk staff said the lounge was an empty room and they can't decide what to do with it.

They have a Wednesday evening reception for Gold/Platinum SPGs.

Big plus is free wireless Internet and free parking.

For $98, good deal imho.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DFWSkylink
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Last summer I had a 1 night AAA stay,Invoice said not elegible for credit.
FO manager was cluless,after a week a faxed in my folio to SPG.
Even Platinum conceirge commented what PTA the front office when she contacted them.Finally got the stay to post 10 days after checking out.

Would make think twice again before staying there.
Wonder if this is what happened to me... I stayed there twice in December, both on AAA rates and neither of them posted. The first went through missing credit on spg.com no problem, the 2nd is asking me to fax the folio. I have never had problems with AAA rates booked on spg.com going through on other hotels, but I do notice now the folio states I have earned "at least 0 starpoints for this stay"
Do they have a computer issue at the Fourt Points Studio City?
I like the hotel, I've stayed there a few times on my visits to Orlando but I think this was my first time there since it converted from a Sheraton
I had the same issue on a recent (17-19 July) stay. The bill that was slipped under my door said that I had earned at least 20 Starpoints for my stay. I didn't think anything of it at the time. When the stay posted, all I received were the 250 points for the Platinum amenity, 14 points for a charge at the coffee shop, 7 points for a bonus, but no stay or nights credit. I called the Platinum Concierge who did some checking and said that my AAA rate of $66.75/night was certainly an eligible rate. He asked me to hold while he called the hotel. After awhile, he said that the person he spoke to didn't seem to understand anything about the SPG program and that he would call back later that afternoon when the manager was there. He called me a few hours later to let me know that the manager was out for the day, but he would take care of it. The stay, nights, and points finally posted on 24 July.

As for our stay, the hotel was sold out and we received a room on the 19th floor. The room was fairly large, clean, and quiet. However, one of the things that Mr. FB noticed was that all of the signs posted in the common areas (room numbers, "SPG floor," etc.) were cardboard.

Free parking and WiFi were definite advantages, and the proximity to Universal makes it the best Starwood property if you are just visiting one of the Universal parks or attending an event at City Walk or the Hard Rock Cafe. The hotel has also had some extremely low rates this summer (as low as $51.75/night midweek). I would return, but it's not a bad idea to call SPG before your stay and verify that your rate qualified for SPG credit and have someone note it in your record if you want the points and stay credit to post in a timely manner.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:50 am

Didn't post night or points to my account either

Just stayed the night of the 16th and didn't get credit for my stay either.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Any recent stays here? Lounge? Breakfast for Plats? Upgrades (guess there are only club level rooms to be upgraded to)?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever
Any recent stays here? Lounge? Breakfast for Plats? Upgrades (guess there are only club level rooms to be upgraded to)?
Any recent updates?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:19 pm

We stayed here from 12/26/09 'til 01/01/10 using points. No mention of gold status at check-in. We were given a room on the 9th floor, w/ a view of the city (i.e. not the parks). No Starwood Floor signs. The bathroom had seen better days --poor caulk job, loose fittings in tub, and worn light switch. At night, it took a VERY long time (literally around 5 mins.) to obtain slightly hot water. This proved problematic for Mrs. Airfan who needed some steam to help stop her cough. Also, on multiple days, there were long black hairs stuck to our towels, even though none of us have long black hair.

The beds were fine, and the tv worked. Although we didn't arise early, most days no complimentary newspapers could be found on our floor or on any of the 2-3 other floors I checked. The primary reason we stayed here instead of Sheraton Safari was because of the complimentary internet. Next time, I'll consider staying elsewhere.
Old May 11, 2010, 1:36 am

Any Platinum breakfast coupon here?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA gold, SPG Plat,
If I stayed there again, I would only stay in the Frank Sinatra Suite.

No other room seems worth it
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Any recent updates?
I stayed last year during Halloween Horror nights at Universal and was given the top floor (rooms are slighty larger), free breakfast coupons, and 4pm checkout. Not bad for a $56 a night price. Granted this is not a St Regis, but if you need a place to crash for a couple of nights in Orlando, it is really not that bad, and I am certain you could do much worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.