Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Studio City Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Studio City Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
You'll be fine. it's clean, it's safe, it's chock full of families having a good time.
Enjoy
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Are they still waiving the "facility fee" for PLT? I just noticed the fee is no longer listed on the website!

Last edited by TravisMT81; Sep 9, 2016 at 11:21 am
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Are they still waiving the "facility fee" for PLT? I just noticed the fee is no longer listed on the website!
That would be great if they removed it! Though it's probably wishful thinking. I want to use this place as a 3-room mattress run on the weekend w/points but paying $45 in fees makes it less attractive.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Low points is what it\'s worth

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando Studio City

5905 International Dr Orlando, FL US 32819

Low points is what it's worth (2 Photos)

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando Studio City

Check In

Arrived about 3:15pm, was told check-in wasn't until 4pm, but they'd see what they could do.  I had reserved two rooms, one was ready, the other was not.  Was told that the second room was on the same floor, but when the room was finally ready, it was on a different floor.  As Plat, was upgraded to high floor, but normal room size.

Room

As others have mentioned, the room was worn.  Wall thermostat controls window AC.  Beds had noticeable divots / hills.  Hot water took forever; when I called to complain, they asked how long I had had the water running for.  We just started planning a 10 minute head start for the water before we actually wanted to shower.  Not an issue later in the day, but annoying when we just wanted to a hot shower first thing in the morning.

Service

The staff was friendly, but the staff levels seemed to be at the bare minimum to keep the lights on.  Both nights I stopped by the bar to grab a beer to take back to the room, and both nights there was no bartender to be found, so I went to the front desk to ask.  Similarly in the restaurant for breakfast, just a few workers.

Dining

I chose breakfast as my Plat amenity, and it was a serviceable spread. Lots of hot trays (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, etc.) plus some fruit, yogurt, cereal.  Breakfast is advertised as opening at 6:30am, but on the first day we arrived at 6:35am to a dark dining room with a barrier across the entry.  We went to the front desk who found someone in the back, and were told that it would be another 10 minutes before they were ready.  The first shuttle of the day was at 7:05am, so not a lot of time to eat.

As mentioned above, I hit the pool bar, the only bar in the hotel, both nights for a beer to take back to the room.  Four Points makes a lot of noise about their focus on beer, but most of the taps were Bud, Bud Light, Heineken, etc.  I think they had Sam on tab, but I went with Cigar City Jai Lai (the only local craft); it was reasonably priced at $4.50/plastic glass.

Close to Universal.  We wound up driving both days rather than taking the shuttle because the first return shuttles wasn't until 4pm, and my kids weren't feeling well.  It's only a 5 minute drive from the Universal garage; I was told that the shuttle takes 20 minutes.  I wound up walking back to the hotel the first day; it took me 15-20 minutes at a decent pace.Shuttle Schedule 1-page-001.jpgShuttle Schedule 2-page-001.jpg

Overall

I spent 14k points for 2 rooms for 2 nights.  This is not a great hotel, but not horrible if you're visiting Universal.  If they can fix the beds, hot water, and work on staffing, it would be a solid value.

Low points is what it's worth

Would you like to write a review on the Four Points by Sheraton Orlando Studio City?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:11 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
This is one of the only times I cheated on Starwood. Couldn't take it anymore aand moved to the Hyatt Place which was actually a bit closer to where I had to be and 10 times better. Benefit of being a lifetime platinum.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Any updates on this property? Is it still as bad as everyone has said earlier?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:33 am

Here now. Clean but basic. Main benefit is that you can walk to Universal Studios in about the same amount of time it would take to call an Uber, wait for it to get there, then wait in traffic.

Rooms are extremely bright due to poor window coverings, at about 5:30 am you can read a book without a lamp or take clear photos without a flash. For me, that meant I never got any sleep.

Loud contruction in the AM from nearby projects even though I was on the 19th floor. Not hotels fault but something to note.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.