Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Studio City Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Studio City Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
walking to Universal

We walked back from Universal and saw some others doing the same thing. It's a pleasant walk, actually. It looked like about a mile on google maps and that felt about right. Takes maybe 20 minutes at a fast pace, if you start the clock at the bus drop-off and taxi stand (because you have to walk there no matter how you plan to get home, this segment doesn't count). So it's doable, but quite tiring after a long day of walking at the park, and not recommended for those not in at least decent shape.

One thing that they don't tell you about the bus service, by the way, is that instead of going straight from the hotel to Universal in 4 minutes, they go the other way and pick up at 3-4 other hotels, stopping several minutes each time, before finally turning back and heading in the right direction. It was a bit frustrating and seemed to take > 30 minutes. (note: I would guess that they stop at the Four Points first on the return, though I can't verify). You should pick up bus tickets in the morning, because it did fill up the day we went.

The second day we just drove ourselves and paid for parking.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
Originally Posted by BigE
We walked back from Universal and saw some others doing the same thing. It's a pleasant walk, actually. It looked like about a mile on google maps and that felt about right. Takes maybe 20 minutes at a fast pace, if you start the clock at the bus drop-off and taxi stand (because you have to walk there no matter how you plan to get home, this segment doesn't count). So it's doable, but quite tiring after a long day of walking at the park, and not recommended for those not in at least decent shape.

One thing that they don't tell you about the bus service, by the way, is that instead of going straight from the hotel to Universal in 4 minutes, they go the other way and pick up at 3-4 other hotels, stopping several minutes each time, before finally turning back and heading in the right direction. It was a bit frustrating and seemed to take > 30 minutes. (note: I would guess that they stop at the Four Points first on the return, though I can't verify). You should pick up bus tickets in the morning, because it did fill up the day we went.

The second day we just drove ourselves and paid for parking.
Much appreciated. We'll be there in early June, so we'll probably just decide based on whether it's blisteringly hot or just really hot. We'll have a rental car, too, so paying for parking is also an option if we don't feel like hoofing it.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
We had a weekend stay at this property. The phrase - "It is what it is" - seem to come to mind. We normally stay at the Westin Imagine when we plan a trip to Universal, but I decided to give the Four Points a try. Whether we showered at 8pm, 6am, or 2am, there was a common theme ... NO HOT WATER! I phoned the front desk every single time and was informed that they had no other complaints of cold or luke warm (that's being generous) water from other guests. Of course, when the engineer came up to check on things, he said that there had been a number of calls about the issue. The first time I spoke to the front desk about the water temperature, I was told that they had no history of that problem. I informed her that I was reading online about the hotel and the lack of hot water seemed to be a common theme. I was assured that this was simply not the case. The engineer said that he released more hot water from upstairs and that helped out with other guests.

While the view of the area from a high floor is "meh," it is made much less enjoyable by the rather dirty windows. There was about a half-inch of dust on any vent in the room (bathroom exhaust or room vents). The plus side was the staff ... they were very responsive and courteous (even if one didn't tell the truth).

Also, if you're going to do Make a Green Choice, be sure to tell them at check-in. I did not know this property participated in the program until I got to my room. I placed the door hanger outside the room, as usual. It remained there for the duration of my stay and I did not receive any cards. This was squared away (and then some) at check-out ... I took the "and then some" as the would-be compensation I would have asked for due to the consistent water temperature issue (theme parks and showers go hand-in-hand).

Aside from that, the location is great for Universal and food. We did not walk to Universal as we are quite lazy, but the drive was quick and painless. A parking tip about Universal is that you can purchase Preferred Parking ($20/day) then head into the parking deck then drive toward the exit to the Disabled Parking area. The back half of this lot is actually a Preferred (non-Disabled) section that is a bit closer than you'd usually get with normal the normal PP lot. One color/character section closer to the park is a godsend at the end of a long day of waiting in lines.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:44 pm

I'm sorry to see that the hot water issue continues to plague the hotel and its guests . . .
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Forgot to mention, this also plagued our friends that were staying 4 rooms down the hallways ... definitely not isolated to a single room.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:30 pm

I will most likely be staying here next summer, so I appreciate reading the things mentioned in this thread - esp. about the hot water and shuttles to Universal.

For those that stayed in a double queen room - was there enough space for a rollaway? We'll have my 2 kids and my niece with us, so gotta cram us all into an affordable room!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by pokee
I will most likely be staying here next summer, so I appreciate reading the things mentioned in this thread - esp. about the hot water and shuttles to Universal.

For those that stayed in a double queen room - was there enough space for a rollaway? We'll have my 2 kids and my niece with us, so gotta cram us all into an affordable room!
If you can get one of the top floors. They are larger than the rest.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
If you can get one of the top floors. They are larger than the rest.
Great - thanks. When I reserve I will be sure to request a top floor room along with a rollaway.

Would also like to hear about anyone's experiences with the air conditioning at this hotel. Read a lot of bad reviews on TA about this. We'll be there in the thick of summer humidity, so having a struggling/loud/semi-working ac unit will not do! thanks again!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pokee
Great - thanks. When I reserve I will be sure to request a top floor room along with a rollaway.

Would also like to hear about anyone's experiences with the air conditioning at this hotel. Read a lot of bad reviews on TA about this. We'll be there in the thick of summer humidity, so having a struggling/loud/semi-working ac unit will not do! thanks again!
It was loud which I liked since the hotel has very thin walls, only could sleep when the AC was on high.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
It was loud which I liked since the hotel has very thin walls, only could sleep when the AC was on high.
I hear that! I am a light sleeper, so I don't mind the steady roar of the AC. But...would mind if it was sputtering and coughing, or stopped working altogether! Good AC will likely be THE most important room amenity on our trip. I know, lame, but we're not used that kind of humidity!!!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Staying at this property with wife & 2 kids in february to visit the Universal parks.

Any recommendations on purchase of Universal tickets ? Pre-book online or buy at the hotel on arrival ? The hotel webpage claims to have special prices on admisson.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by raunow
Staying at this property with wife & 2 kids in february to visit the Universal parks.

Any recommendations on purchase of Universal tickets ? Pre-book online or buy at the hotel on arrival ? The hotel webpage claims to have special prices on admisson.
Yes they do and great rates as well, but it was time share and we had to attend a Starwood Vacation Ownership thing which was ok.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: SPG, Delta SM, Hilton, IHG
Sinatra Suite

Does anyone have any information on this suite? I booked this for an upcoming leisure trip next month and it's described as 1,100 sq. ft, with a service entrance and stunning nearly panoramic views.

After I booked, I called reservations to make sure the incredible rate was correct and that the room was indeed as large as stated. The agent was friendly and confirmed my reservation is for the Sinatra Suite.

Any pics?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Michael Estoy
Does anyone have any information on this suite? I booked this for an upcoming leisure trip next month and it's described as 1,100 sq. ft, with a service entrance and stunning nearly panoramic views.

After I booked, I called reservations to make sure the incredible rate was correct and that the room was indeed as large as stated. The agent was friendly and confirmed my reservation is for the Sinatra Suite.

Any pics?
Was upgraded to that room a year ago. Yes it is huge, but they should change the name, It used to have that Sinatra feeling when it was a Sheraton but not anymore., there's a kitchenette as well, can't remember if it had 2 or 1 bathroom/s, but it still had thin walls. If I remember correctly there is a video on youtube of that room when it was a Sheraton.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:58 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
This is one of the few hotels in Spg that I will not stay at. Who cares how big the suite is in a motel 6. Think crappy bedding, indoor/outdoor carpet and thin walls and this is after the remodel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.