Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
The property does not participate in Suite Night Awards.
Print Wikipost

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2009, 4:15 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by kaka
I'd thought the suite upgrade would trump the need of a specialty select room upgrade... but anyway, i dont have that many points!
btw, is it true that I may not upgrade on a non-refundable fare booked on SPG's site? Also, I see that the lurkers to "promote" asking for UGs at checkin. What's the policy in SPG? if it gets rejected could I use SPG points?
Hi kaka,

Actually, I need you to be clearer in your questions.

But I hope this helps.

Arrange for an upgrade within five days of arrival to a Specialty, Specialty Select Room, or Suite on reservations booked at RACK, COR, SET, or BAR. You may upgrade from any category of room with a Free Night Award or a paid reservation. Call up SPG to proceed further.

If your reservation does not fall in the categories stated above, your only option for upgrade using points is to enquire during check-in for instant upgrade awards.

Upgrades regardless if it is complimentary or using points, rely on availability at the point of check-in. Points will only be deducted upon confirmation of upgrade.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jun 19, 2009, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi kaka,

Actually, I need you to be clearer in your questions.

But I hope this helps.

Arrange for an upgrade within five days of arrival to a Specialty, Specialty Select Room, or Suite on reservations booked at RACK, COR, SET, or BAR. You may upgrade from any category of room with a Free Night Award or a paid reservation. Call up SPG to proceed further.

If your reservation does not fall in the categories stated above, your only option for upgrade using points is to enquire during check-in for instant upgrade awards.

Upgrades regardless if it is complimentary or using points, rely on availability at the point of check-in. Points will only be deducted upon confirmation of upgrade.

[email protected]

Thanks for promt answer. that was indeed useful. perhaps i, and so did the operator, meant a complementary UG.
but thanks for this note anyway.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 2:26 am
Suspended

Perhaps the last question from me: When will the points of my stay get posted? for 1500points/night, i'm wondering if i need to top up my account...
And, for most club levels (and esp this Westin Kyoto), is the main difference being the complementary breakfast and the lounge run in the evening? Also including the free phone and internet now and then...

Last edited by kaka; Jun 20, 2009 at 2:52 am
Old Jun 28, 2009, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Executive Lounge. Major change.

I am not sure if this has been reported. Had short conversation with P at Hotel for many nights. Will get more detail later and confirm more. But I have it as the Lounge is still open for breakfast. Taking breakfast on floor two is also a option. Maybe something during "tea time" or downstairs but closed for evening. Something small is offered downstairs but minimal. My friend was having her okonomiyaki (spelling) cooked so was a little short. She did get a comp upgrade SFO to KIX. More later if necessary. Regards
Old Jun 28, 2009, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The morning items on 10 is very limited. My friend very much enjoyed the full buffet breakfast on 2 aka Aqua Blue. During the day you may have coffee or tea on 1 or 2. In the evening you may have a drink or drinks with light snack aka chips. These are benefits to guests with Executive Lounge benefits. The full service may return during the Gion festival forward. Subject to change of course. Verify for yourself please.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 8:56 pm

Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
The morning items on 10 is very limited. My friend very much enjoyed the full buffet breakfast on 2 aka Aqua Blue. During the day you may have coffee or tea on 1 or 2. In the evening you may have a drink or drinks with light snack aka chips. These are benefits to guests with Executive Lounge benefits. The full service may return during the Gion festival forward. Subject to change of course. Verify for yourself please.
So basically for the 1500 points speciality upgrade I could get a breakfast, a room upgrade, and the other perks being in exec club, right?
BTW, I'd be redeeming at the same rate using an instant award, right?

Last edited by kaka; Jul 1, 2009 at 5:28 am
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Oh no... This has always been one of my fav SPG lounges.

kaka - since you have no status, the 1500 points for an executive room is a very good idea. I am a platinum member and still book with the extra 1500 points to assure an executive room (I have been there in peek periods). The Westin Miyako hotel has many wings and sections that were built and upgraded at different periods. Some of the rooms are pretty mediocre, but the executive rooms were renovated in a very nice modern style, so you should get a room that is both fairly spacious and in good condition… and nicer than some of the regular rooms. The addition of breakfast makes this a total good value for points IMHO. I hope the lounge has not changed as suggested by RTW… but even if it has all of the other plusses still make the 1500 a good deal if you have no status at all.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:33 am
Original Poster

No question about it. Change.

I can confirm without doubt the Lounge has changed as noted. The hope is services will be restored possibly next month. But as for now noted above. Confirmed again this morning during our conversation.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:35 am
Suspended

I can confirm without doubt the Lounge has changed as noted. The hope is services will be restored possibly next month. But as for now noted above. Confirmed again this morning during our conversation.
Since we're now in july, 1 mth later will be august.. with any delays i wont catch the exec club!!!
well, surely i can have breakfast in Aquablue? :S....

I am now wondering if i should shunt the flex rate and get the 40GBP discount off expedia to get a room, then use the 1500 points.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
It would be an additional 10,000 Starpoints for a suite upgrade. An additional 1,500 Starpoints would get you a room with Executive Club benefits, however.

That isn't meant to disqualify serfty's comments about actually getting a 1 b'room 'suite' for 11,500 Starpoints. If it was a real one bedroom suite based upon having no status in SPG though, I would have to think that to be most generous and out of the normal realm for a Specialty Select award reservation.

I realized they call the 1500 upgrade a 2-level upgrade. in Kyoto, at least...
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:56 pm

I realized they call the 1500 upgrade a 2-level upgrade. in Kyoto, at least...
Hi kaka,

It would be their specialty select room that comes with the executive club benefits.

[email protected]

Old Jul 3, 2009, 1:19 am
Suspended

Hi kaka,

It would be their specialty select room that comes with the executive club benefits.

[email protected]

I'm not saying you are wrong, but from the "Instant Award" posted here a few pages ago for the Westin Kyoto, it says: "Room Upgrade - From the original reservation, two ranks upgraded room" Hence it makes sense, to me, serftyfor the 1 bedroom suite.
Oh wells... only if i had the points....
Old Jul 3, 2009, 1:42 am

I'm not saying you are wrong, but from the "Instant Award" posted here a few pages ago for the Westin Kyoto, it says: "Room Upgrade - From the original reservation, two ranks upgraded room" Hence it makes sense, to me, serftyfor the 1 bedroom suite.
Oh wells... only if i had the points....
Hi kaka,

No worries. I am not defending anyone, including myself.

I was just explaining further on your comment. It's not about right or wrong, just providing more information.

It's ok.

[email protected]

Old Jul 3, 2009, 6:07 am
Suspended

Hi kaka,

No worries. I am not defending anyone, including myself.

I was just explaining further on your comment. It's not about right or wrong, just providing more information.

It's ok.

[email protected]

Thanks!
gosh- i should get off FT for some proper work done.... I am so bothered to come here just to say thanks ::S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.