Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
For a discussion around all the Marriott Bonvoy hotels visit the Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand thread.

From LIH Prem's signature.

SPG and Marriott BKK property map
Print Wikipost

Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:56 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
As noted this is OT. Please take elsewhere.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Anyone who knows which spg/mariott properties in Bangkok that allows children into club lounge during happy hour, or offer free drinks elsewhere in the hotel to families?

Any hotels with rooms (not suites) with balconies?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Anyone who knows which spg/mariott properties in Bangkok that allows children into club lounge during happy hour, or offer free drinks elsewhere in the hotel to families?

I’m interested in this too in order to avoid such property at all cost. Kids are a pledge in lounge.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:57 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV

I think the SGS would be great as you can take the happy hour drinks at the Sala at the pool.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Best Sukhumvit area pool for afternoon sun ?

Will be spending a couple of work days in Bangkok with a chance to get some pool-time aften 3PM. As I remember some hotels (eg. LeMeridien and Aloft) loose the sun mid-afternoon. What are the best pools for afternoon sun in that area ?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:20 am

so visiting bkk again as a part of my honeymoon. I've been once before and stayed at the renaissance for a week. wife's first time in bkk. planning to stay 5 nights (to help with jet leg). This trip will be late april
1. should i split my time between a river hotel and a city hotel to help with transportation/traffic? I'd imagine first few days can be rough after all that flying.
2. which property offers a good breakfast? I love asian hotel breakfasts...they're typically grandiose and lots of variety. I'm plat, so I should be able to receive breakfast at all the locations.
3. best chance of upgrades? I'd assume LM would be best, then maybe SGS/W/StR/athenee?
4. Will probably pay out of pocket, considering the rates during that time are <$150/nt

tips? hints?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by gan911
so visiting bkk again as a part of my honeymoon. I've been once before and stayed at the renaissance for a week. wife's first time in bkk. planning to stay 5 nights (to help with jet leg). This trip will be late april
1. should i split my time between a river hotel and a city hotel to help with transportation/traffic? I'd imagine first few days can be rough after all that flying.
2. which property offers a good breakfast? I love asian hotel breakfasts...they're typically grandiose and lots of variety. I'm plat, so I should be able to receive breakfast at all the locations.
3. best chance of upgrades? I'd assume LM would be best, then maybe SGS/W/StR/athenee?
4. Will probably pay out of pocket, considering the rates during that time are <$150/nt

tips? hints?
Late April, egads man, you do realize it's inferno season, right?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:14 am

yea, went in feb last time, looking at averages, not that different....92/76 vs 96/80....kyoto in july this past year was miserable.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
yea, went in feb last time, looking at averages, not that different....92/76 vs 96/80....kyoto in july this past year was miserable.
Feb is uncomfortable, April is brutal. You will likely survive but it might traumatize your wife on her first trip.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
so visiting bkk again as a part of my honeymoon. I've been once before and stayed at the renaissance for a week. wife's first time in bkk. planning to stay 5 nights (to help with jet leg).
SGS is very good for breakfast, and offers three different venues for Plats (four on weekends). The FS Marriott properties (Soi 57 and Marquis), along with the LM, are probably the best bets for Plat upgrades.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Feb is uncomfortable, April is brutal. You will likely survive but it might traumatize your wife on her first trip.
kyoto in july was brutal. i brought towels with me everywhere....
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by raunow
Best Sukhumvit area pool for afternoon sun ?

Will be spending a couple of work days in Bangkok with a chance to get some pool-time aften 3PM. As I remember some hotels (eg. LeMeridien and Aloft) loose the sun mid-afternoon. What are the best pools for afternoon sun in that area ?
Can someone comment on ths one? Travelling, uhm, in December, which is actually "now" ...

Was looking at the LM so far, ...

Many thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by decentmove
Can someone comment on ths one? Travelling, uhm, in December, which is actually "now" ...

Was looking at the LM so far, ...
St. Regis gets unblocked sun all afternoon. There are no buildings to the west.

Btw, LM would not count as " Sukhumvit area."
decentmove likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:55 am

Not Sukhumvit, true. Think I'll scratch it off from the list.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:26 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist

We are Marriott avid and we travel with children currently ages 7 and 10. This is as far as I know:

- JW Marriott and Suk 57: Allow one trip to fetch food and beverages during happy hour. The Suk 57 property actually provides plastic containers for you to take to your room as they don't want to lose their serving plates and utensils to housekeeping. The upside is both properties allow families with children to partake breakfast at their main restaurant.
- MMQP: Allows well behaved kids and will ask you to leave if kids get out of line. No food or beverage allowed to leave the M-Club.

Other Bangkok properties:

- Conrad Bangkok: dedicated room to the side on the same floor for families and kids.
- Grand Hyatt Erawan: Allows well behaved kids
- InterContinental Bangkok: Kids with supervising adult allowed at the lobby floor Balcony Lounge
- Radisson Blu Plaza & Millennium Hilton: Circus atmosphere - kids rule the place and staff are happy to have them!

Kalboz family at Balcony Lounge - InterContinental Bangkok
happygolucky_nomad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.