Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, at Tokyo Disney, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
The hotel is part of the Disney Tokyo resort and you can use the monorail to get to either park.
There is a new park wing that has a higher class of rooms, though the same facilities that includes an excellent children's play area that is free for elite members
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, at Tokyo Disney, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I will be traveling by myself, so I have no plans to visit Disnelyland at all... But rather hang out in Tokyo. Should I just bite the bullet and pay for my 4 night stay at the Westin Tokyo? Or should I keep my reward stay for the 4 nights at the Sheraton? I realize it's a bit of an open ended question... Just looking for more opinions I guess... TIA!
Even the standard rooms are large and comfortable. I really love the shower setup at this property. The lounge is not impressive but the breakfast buffet (comped for Plats) in the Grand Cafe is has a great selection.

Assuming you'll be getting around by train, expect a 60-90 minute journey to most stations in Tokyo from the Sheraton.

If you don't have any other use for your free nights before they expire I wouldn't hesitate to stay here. The Westin at $300+/night is no bargain.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
I have a bunch of FRWN to burn up and I figured I would use this for my next trip to Tokyo in December. The reviews in this thread, especially the more recent ones remain mixes. It sounds like I for sure won't be getting an upgrade on my reward stay even if standard suites are available at the time of check-in. In fact, I have yet to receive any semblance of an upgrade while staying at a SPG property on Japan as a Plat.

I will be traveling by myself, so I have no plans to visit Disnelyland at all... But rather hang out in Tokyo. Should I just bite the bullet and pay for my 4 night stay at the Westin Tokyo? Or should I keep my reward stay for the 4 nights at the Sheraton? I realize it's a bit of an open ended question... Just looking for more opinions I guess... TIA!
I have received standard suite upgrade on my 4-night stay in October'11. It's in the non-refurbished wing of the building. I'd have preferred a club room if I were traveling only by myself.

You'd get breakfast coupons to use in a restaurant of your choice. We tried different venue each morning. They were all similar but Grand Cafe has more selections.

If I don't have other uses for FRN, I'd stick with Sheraton Tokyo Bay. Taxi between hotel and Maihama station is 1000Yen. Train to Tokyo station is a few hundred Yen.

If you decide to stay at Westin, you can use z3r or z4r to bring down the price.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by sigma1104
Assuming you'll be getting around by train, expect a 60-90 minute journey to most stations in Tokyo from the Sheraton.

Totally agree. Depend on which part of Tokyo you want to be. Taxi takes 10 minutes. Train between Maihama and Tokyo station takes 20 minuites or less, but it's a long walk to connect to the other lines.

Hotel operates shuttle bus to/from Maihama station on weekend and holiday. Though schedule might not suit everyone.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Same here - was in Tokyo this month and used up one of those Free Resort Nights at Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay. Got upgraded to a suite (not refurb), it was big but very dated. In hindsight, would have preferred a Club Room (smaller nicer room rather than a bigger but older suite).

The lounge is quite depressing... , but the breakfast is very good. You get a breakfast coupon with a choice of four outlets. We went to the Japanese restaurant and the spread was very good!!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by kimusc
I have received standard suite upgrade on my 4-night stay in October'11. It's in the non-refurbished wing of the building. I'd have preferred a club room if I were traveling only by myself.

You'd get breakfast coupons to use in a restaurant of your choice. We tried different venue each morning. They were all similar but Grand Cafe has more selections.

If I don't have other uses for FRN, I'd stick with Sheraton Tokyo Bay. Taxi between hotel and Maihama station is 1000Yen. Train to Tokyo station is a few hundred Yen.

If you decide to stay at Westin, you can use z3r or z4r to bring down the price.
Great thanks. I'm not much of a sun destination person and prefer staying at nice downtown properties... So this is the best I can get for Tokyo using FRN so I guess I will tough out the commute to Tokyo proper. When I was in Osaka earlier in October I usually did a 45 minute commute to/from the business district to the Sheraton by two JR lines and the Kintetsu.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lululee
Same here - was in Tokyo this month and used up one of those Free Resort Nights at Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay. Got upgraded to a suite (not refurb), it was big but very dated. In hindsight, would have preferred a Club Room (smaller nicer room rather than a bigger but older suite).

The lounge is quite depressing... , but the breakfast is very good. You get a breakfast coupon with a choice of four outlets. We went to the Japanese restaurant and the spread was very good!!
Thanks - sounds like the consensus is to get a club floor room. I will ask for that and deny the suite upgrade! I prefer decor over size. (quality not quantity!)
Old Nov 1, 2011, 6:05 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
Sheraton Miyako rates are very reasonable.
pleasant area too
Old Nov 1, 2011, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by pointy
Sheraton Miyako rates are very reasonable.
pleasant area too
Miyako is surely in a nice area. Without FRN, I would compare Miyako with Westin z3r if my destination is not Disneyland and I'm paying myself.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Thanks - sounds like the consensus is to get a club floor room. I will ask for that and deny the suite upgrade! I prefer decor over size. (quality not quantity!)
Using my FRN here as well this winter. So for 3 people (going to pay the extra guest charge), are the Club rooms large enough or do you recommend the dated suites?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Using my FRN here as well this winter. So for 3 people (going to pay the extra guest charge), are the Club rooms large enough or do you recommend the dated suites?
I guess I will let you know if club floor rooms are adequate size once I stay there in December! Gathering fropm what others are saying here, the club rooms are an alright size.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:14 pm

We have a 3 years old kid with us and hotel didn't charge extra.

The beds are 2 queens. If it's an adult and a kid, it should be ok.

Alternatively, you can ask for upgrade to room with 3 queen beds.
They list several room types on their Japanese website.
http://www.sheratontokyobay.co.jp/

Tip: If you are SPG Platinum, please use SPG check in/out counter to avoid the crowd.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:23 pm

The links below show floorplan of some of the room types that might interest you.

Regular Suite
http://www.sheratontokyobay.co.jp/stay/room/regu.html

Club Room
http://www.sheratontokyobay.co.jp/stay/room/club.html

Room with 4 beds
http://www.sheratontokyobay.co.jp/pop/4bed.html
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kimusc
The links below show floorplan of some of the room types that might interest you.

Regular Suite
http://www.sheratontokyobay.co.jp/stay/room/regu.html

Club Room
http://www.sheratontokyobay.co.jp/stay/room/club.html

Room with 4 beds
http://www.sheratontokyobay.co.jp/pop/4bed.html
Thanks this is helpful. I think I am going to try and get a club room. The other rooms look more outdated and have potential to be tired... Can't tell by quasi photoshopped photos though
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Thanks! The modern decor rooms look nice and it seems like a regular club room would be okay for 3 people traveling together...but I think in this case I may try to sacrifice style for size. Three gay boys in a room together with multiple outfits for each day, shoes, bags, and hair products sounds a bit much. :P
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:24 pm

Thanks! The modern decor rooms look nice and it seems like a regular club room would be okay for 3 people traveling together...but I think in this case I may try to sacrifice style for size. Three gay boys in a room together with multiple outfits for each day, shoes, bags, and hair products sounds a bit much. :P
What are the dates that you guys are going?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.