Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, at Tokyo Disney, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
The hotel is part of the Disney Tokyo resort and you can use the monorail to get to either park.
There is a new park wing that has a higher class of rooms, though the same facilities that includes an excellent children's play area that is free for elite members
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, at Tokyo Disney, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2023, 12:15 pm

Had a great stay at this hotel a few years ago. The arcade was almost as much fun, for our kids, as was Disney itself! Also, the concierge lounge was really great! Oh ya, and had a great dinner at the steakhouse.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:31 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Looking forward to a stay here just after Christmastime. Does anyone know whether I need to reserve Disney Sea tickets with the hotel in advance, or is the Sheraton Grande always able to get tickets for staying guests?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YariGuy
Looking forward to a stay here just after Christmastime. Does anyone know whether I need to reserve Disney Sea tickets with the hotel in advance, or is the Sheraton Grande always able to get tickets for staying guests?
Pre-COVID it was always the case that staying guests could get tickets. Now that COVID restrictions are all removed, I would assume that things have returned to that state.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:47 am

Why would you reserve the tickets with the hotel? You won't get Bonvoy points for doing so and I have not heard of any discount.

I am staying at this hotel next month, I will not take a chance and will buy my tickets directly with Disney Tokyo.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drthunder
Why would you reserve the tickets with the hotel? You won't get Bonvoy points for doing so and I have not heard of any discount.
Because even if the park is sold out, registered guests of an official Disney hotel get guaranteed entry (barring the special period for New Years Eve)
Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
There was a web form to request tickets, at the bottom of the main website, that goes to here: https://inquiry.talkappi.com/inquiry...&line_id=&UID=
They say a minimum of 6 days in advance, and 2 months before. I would get going for the peak periods, but yes, ordering direct from Disney may be cheaper, or offer better deals (see the point below about timing)
Applications for Tokyo Disney Resort® Entrance Passports can be completed through the below form.

Please read through the below terms and conditions carefully before applying. Also, please note that the hotel only offers the regular price 1-Day Passport. We do not offer any timed park tickets or other special discount park tickets.   TTENTION!  

■The number of tickets available for sale is limited and sales are subject to availability.

■Park tickets must be requested at least 6 days prior to arrival. Tickets are available up to 2 months in advance.
■Your ticket confirmation email (confirmation ID) will be required for the purchase.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Pre-COVID it was always the case that staying guests could get tickets. Now that COVID restrictions are all removed, I would assume that things have returned to that state.

I am staying at this hotel next month, I will not take a chance and will buy my tickets directly with Disney Tokyo.
Because even if the park is sold out, registered guests of an official Disney hotel get guaranteed entry (barring the special period for New Years Eve)
Thanks all. I will try buying tickets myself at the 2-month mark, and if that fails I'll go through the hotel. I remember a few years ago I tried to buy through the website but there were technical / payment issues. The hotel option would be a good backup.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:59 pm

Do you know if tickets ever get hard to get? I only see a lack of availability for October 8 with tickets widely available until as far as you can buy them (Dec 4).

Edit: Just saw the comment about potential payment issues when buying online.

Edit 2: tickets were pretty easy to get online from Klook, even paid a bit less than on Disney's website thanks to some discount code. My credit card was not working on Disney's website (I think you can call and get them to unlock it for your Disney account, it is like a wide ban of foreign cards). Availability for the parks seems pretty wide though unless you try the book the day before.

Last edited by drthunder; Nov 9, 2023 at 2:43 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:39 pm

Following up - my wife was able to buy tickets at the 2-month mark from ctrip. There was no discount, but it was easy to add the tickets to the Tokyo Disney app.

Just finishing up a stay. It was nice - had teppanyaki at the steakhouse on Christmas night. They are currently using wagyu from Hokkaido but are switching back to Chiba wagyu next year. Apparently they stopped raising cows here when demand plummeted during the pandemic.

Lounge was nice if a little crowded. Nice food, full complement of alcohol (including premium spirits like Grey Goose). No problem letting the 12-year old tag along. Elite breakfast is included for the Galleria restaurant. That has a much bigger selection than the lounge. On the second night I made dinner of the lounge offerings. Technically they limit you to 1 hour, but if you go at 6pm you can stay longer (food is done at 7pm, but drinks continue until 8 I think).

Applied SNAs, got accepted and got "upgraded" to the Park Wing.

There is a bus that costs money to go to Haneda, but there are only a few per day that go to Terminal 3, so be careful.

Only bad experience was check-in - I had a pretty clueless staff that didn't know much about elite breakfasts, etc. Only afterwards did I see there was a dedicated check-in area for platinums and above.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat
Seems pretty expensive for a pool, how nice is it?

As a couple who just like to go for a swim for 30 minutes in hotel outdoor pools, that seems frustrating. Could at least be free for Plats or Titaniums
Hence my rant above. The pool absolutely wasn't worth it for all the hassle of getting in...
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:44 am

Killing time enroute to the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel

I booked this hotel since we (partner and I) have an early departure from NRT. However we will be landing in Haneda after a long international flight on the previous day and would like nothing better than a shower followed by something to eat. Arriving very early on a Sunday and I felt it was safe bet to brave a cross -Tokyo subway ride. I expect we should be at the hotel by 9 AM< or so. But knowing Japanese hotels and their love for gaijin trying to check-in early, I wonder how this hotel may react to a Titanium - will they allow an early check-in if they have a vacant room? How about being allowed the use of the lounge?

Assuming the answers are iee to both questions, can someone suggest a suitable way to kill time before arriving at the front desk? We had ambitions of popping into our favourite crockery store in Kappabashi sometime during the day, but neither can we go there too early nor do we fancy towing luggage along with us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.