Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Thanks! What are the alcohol options at happy hour? Shanghai is an expensive place for drinks
Free drinks at the lounge. A few wines and a sparkling wine, basic liquor spread. They were legitimate import wines so definitely get your fix there. There is also an upstairs sitting area and business center if you really want to be in a quiet area since no one goes up there. Just follow the stairs up.

I did get a suite (upon request I think - didn't pay extra - was Premier Platinum) and that helped when I had a visitor and her daughter stay over. There was no place to sleep in the sitting room. There was a long bench seat, not even wide enough to sleep on! That may be intentional The bedroom was a nice corner spot with great views.

There is a new absolutely amazing mall called Global Harbor at the Jinshajiang Road metro stop, one stop north of the Renaissance on Line 3/4. It has a vast array of nice international restaurants and much more!

This area is really a great value part of Shanghai with great access to the main tourist areas and both airports on Line 2.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dmodemd
This area is really a great value part of Shanghai with great access to the main tourist areas and both airports on Line 2.
+1. Zhongshan Park is pretty well situated.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
marriott in shanghai elite question

I'm Marriott gold. If I book at a courtyard by Marriott at hotels.com I know I won't get credit for the stays, but will I at least be given my elite benefits?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:01 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The Marriott terms and conditions indicate that guaranteed lounge access is only at Marriott's, Delta, JW, Renaissance and Autograph. I have read reviews indicating that the Shanghai Central CY gives access to Gold and Plat, but it's certainly the case that CYs with a lounge don t have to provide free access to Gold/Plat.

As you rightly mention, your Gold benefits should apply no matter what avenue booked, just make sure your MR reference is on the reservation. If you can't add it at time of booking you can do it later by phoning the hotel. Of course, as a Courtyard the only guaranteed benefits will be welcome gift and a possible room upgrade.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by moondog
+1. Zhongshan Park is pretty well situated.
Is it on a metro line to PVG airport? Looking for a cheap way to get to PVG from one of the Marriott properties for 10k a night with a lounge that is open on weekends. Trying to decide between the Renaissance Zhongshan Park and JW Marriott Changsheng Park.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is it on a metro line to PVG airport? Looking for a cheap way to get to PVG from one of the Marriott properties for 10k a night with a lounge that is open on weekends. Trying to decide between the Renaissance Zhongshan Park and JW Marriott Changsheng Park.
It's a longish walk from the zhongshan park metro station on line 2 (same line that serves PVG), but it's better to take the bus to JA Temple, and then either taxi or line 2 from there (the bus is about 40 minutes faster than the subway, and only costs 22).
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by moondog
It's a longish walk from the zhongshan park metro station on line 2 (same line that serves PVG), but it's better to take the bus to JA Temple, and then either taxi or line 2 from there (the bus is about 40 minutes faster than the subway, and only costs 22).
Which do you recommend...JW or Renaissance?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:27 pm

Which do you recommend...JW or Renaissance?
Ren, for sure. Changsheng Park is in the stick.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott provides 'elite recognition benefits' (ie, exec lounge access, enhanced free wifi, possible upgrade), re: of booking method. As BB says, make sure your MR# is on the ressie. If you can't do it to the ressie, give them your card or show your status on phone app at check-in.

Most Asia CYs have a lounge or provide free brekkie in the restaurant if there isn't a lounge. In the US/Canada they don't, and a few places in Europe provide it for Plats only.

This thread will let you know what the breakfast situation is for CYs in Shanghai.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html

Cheers.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
why the courtyard? the full service ones in Shanghai are dirt cheap - just left JW Tomorrow Square which was about 150/night - and you can easily find a FS for $90 or $100.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
You can technically get to PVG on Line 2 - either via Maglev at Longyang Lu Station or stay on Line 2 and switch at Guanglan Lu.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Alawyer
You can technically get to PVG on Line 2 - either via Maglev at Longyang Lu Station or stay on Line 2 and switch at Guanglan Lu.
There's nothing "technical" about it; Line 2 works as advertised, and the Guanglan Rd transfer is pretty painless. But, it's crowded and takes twice as long as other options.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't find any comments recently on the Marriott Pudong East or the Renaissance Shanghai Pudong. I am considering both since they appear to be the closest to the airport, and they are only 10k a night. Any comments on public transport/taxi from the airport and their exec lounges? My flight lands at 420pm so don't want to miss happy hour/dinner.

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Feb 7, 2017 at 2:54 pm
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:39 pm

Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Center will be cat 3, starting March 7.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Renaissance Zhongshan Park is situated right on top of the Line 2 Zhongshan Park station. When you come out, go to the left of the McDonalds, through the candy vendors and in the next lobby look for the escalators TO THE RIGHT, towards the Pizza Hut. Two flights up takes you right to the Renassiance entrance on the right. Then you need to take the elevators to the sky lobby (I forget the floor).

Do not take the escalators to the left even though they will be the first you see and look tempting. That will put you off track.

Line 2 is a straight shot from the airport but a long run. Maglev just takes a little time off the journey but adds a transfer.
The airport bus / metro combo moondog references is the cheapest and most efficient way to get to/from the airport but it's tricky to navigate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.