Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Don't get me wrong, I am too. Just in this case, and you said as much in a previous post, Suzhou passes through Shanghai on the way to Hangzhou. So I'm not sure if it really makes sense to go there for just 1 night. Just seems more convenient to stay the extra night in Shanghai and not have to deal with lugging bags around.
You will not go through Suzhou when on a train from Shanghai to Hangzhou. (or shanghai from suzhou to Hangzhou?). I'm with you about changing hotels for 1 night. It's not for me. Not enough time right now.. Just wanted to share this for now. Courtyard Shanghai Central was great if you are Platinum. They did just cancel breakfast in the 30th floor lounge to the 2nd floor. I just saw that when booking a room for early Feb. Best.. R

Last edited by kalo93406; Dec 26, 2018 at 11:38 pm
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I agree that the day trip to suzhou makes a great deal of sense for anyone staying near the train station. That having been said, if I wanted to optimize my logistics, I would kuaidi my big luggage directly to the Hangzhou hotel, and spend a night in suzhou on the way to hangzhou. In fact, I would still kuaidi the bags even if going directly to hangzhou (train travel is infinitely better if you don't have to deal with bags) .

The suzhou-hangzhou trains might pass through the Shanghai municipality, but they don't necessarily stop in Shanghai, and even if they do the total trip is still around 1.5 hours.

Last edited by moondog; Dec 27, 2018 at 12:38 am
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by moondog
I agree that the day trip to suzhou makes a great deal of sense for anyone staying near the train station. That having been said, if I wanted to optimize my logistics, I would kuaidi my big luggage directly to the Hangzhou hotel, and spend a night in suzhou on the way to hangzhou. In fact, I would still kuaidi the bags even if going directly to hangzhou.

The suzhou-hangzhou trains might pass through the Shanghai municipality, but they don't necessarily stop in Shanghai, and even if they did, the total trip is still around 1.5 hours.
I'm not dense, I promise. I'm still unclear on what exactly the benefit is of doing an overnight in Suzhou as opposed to just doing a day trip and then taking a train from Shanghai to Hangzhou? How does the Suzhou overnight "optimize" logistics?

To the other poster, I am premier plat with Marriott. Though I'm curious to see how long that lasts. I was formerly a Plat and got bumped to Premier Plat after the merger.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by kapooncha
I'm not dense, I promise. I'm still unclear on what exactly the benefit is of doing an overnight in Suzhou as opposed to just doing a day trip and then taking a train from Shanghai to Hangzhou? How does the Suzhou overnight "optimize" logistics?
The main benefits are: 1. one less train station ordeal, 2. avoiding backtracking, 3. you could enjoy dinner in suzhou (don't get too excited about this because the cuisine is pretty similar to shanghai cuisine)
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Hi Guys!
Traveling to Shanghai in April with my wife. I have points to spend and looking at the Renaissance/Courtyard. Which one would you recommend for a 2 nights stay? I am gold (I know, worth nothing anymore..)

Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAANN
Hi Guys!
Traveling to Shanghai in April with my wife. I have points to spend and looking at the Renaissance/Courtyard. Which one would you recommend for a 2 nights stay? I am gold (I know, worth nothing anymore..)

Thanks!
There are several Renaissance and Courtyard properties in Shanghai. Which ones are you looking at?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:09 am

Hello!
That was my question to you, any recomendations?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:26 am

Hello!
That was my question to you, any recomendations?
Please try reading this thread: it is awash with recommendations.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:52 am

Thank you for moving this post to the correct thread!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:14 am

Thank you for moving this post to the correct thread!
You initially posted in the correct thread, but failed to state what you are seeking.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by moondog
You initially posted in the correct thread, but failed to state what you are seeking.
These are not the threads that you are seeking. :-:

It's not every day that I get to use a Star Wars quote on FT.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:45 pm

Can anyone kindly share a contact email address for the Renaissance Yu Garden hotel?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by laddielad
Can anyone kindly share a contact email address for the Renaissance Yu Garden hotel?
You could ask Marriott support in Twitter via DM, they normally reply, though seldom immediately.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by barracuda93
You could ask Marriott support in Twitter via DM, they normally reply, though seldom immediately.
Simply calling them would be most efficient!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.