Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which Starwood in Paris? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood in Paris? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:30 am

Programs: Hyatt GP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IC Amb.
Sounds like everybody like the PDG property. Anybody know how it compares to the Hyatt properties (PH Vendome and Madeline)? I'm going next spring and any advice would be welcomed.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:30 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Originally Posted by davidjdewey
Sounds like everybody like the PDG property. Anybody know how it compares to the Hyatt properties (PH Vendome and Madeline)? I'm going next spring and any advice would be welcomed.
Probably better addressed in they Hyatt forum.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:13 pm

Best use of *points in Paris?

I'm looking at taking a vacation in Paris around March and looking to book an award stay (or at least partially an award stay) and I'm wondering if anyone had any recommendations for
which *wood place to stay at. I'm looking at the Westin. I'm SPG Gold if that matters.

I'm not sure how many nights as of yet, but I have around 50K points, so for anything over 4 days I'd just pay for the room. If there is some better use of the points (pay more nights, but use 10K for a suite upgrade if possible) I'd love to hear suggestions.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:05 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Consider Cash and Points

I've only stayed at the CDG Sheraton, but the Trianon Palace is supposed to be really nice; either one is 4000 points + $60 per night.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
If you're thinking of using points for the CDG or Westin, i would reconsider. Paris is a great priceline city. Check biddingfortravel to see a list of hotels that participate. I got the Intercontinental LeGrand for me and 10 other rooms for my wedding for $185 a night. Beats using 16k points a night..
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jayzee9
I got the Intercontinental LeGrand for me and 10 other rooms for my wedding for $185 a night. Beats using 16k points a night..
The first guy I met gambling for his wedding night...
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
If location is VERY important to you I would strongly consider the Westin. The location IMO is fantatsic.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The first guy I met gambling for his wedding night...
Everybody gambles on their wedding night..............

DF
Old Dec 22, 2006, 1:47 pm

Programs: usairways united delta marriott
upgrades in Paris--with Platinum status??

I have had good success obtaining upgrades at Starwood hotels in the US--what might I expect in Paris? I will be travelling with my wife and two grandchildren in mid feb.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Seattlenerdette and I were upgraded to a small suite at the Westin Paris last April (shortly after the hotel was rebadged a Westin, so there were some amusing problems, but the upgrade was nice). And it was an award stay. It does happen.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 7:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Here was a recent experience of mine in Paris where I was successfully upgraded:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...61#post6531461
Old Dec 23, 2006, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cubs02
I have had good success obtaining upgrades at Starwood hotels in the US--what might I expect in Paris? I will be travelling with my wife and two grandchildren in mid feb.
You planning to stay in one room? do they accept 4 people in one room with no extra charge?

upgrades in paris are tough, as not many suites, and a whole lot of plats.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
I believe the only Paris hotel you can legally get four into is the LM Montparnasse. Even the suites won't legally hold four. At least it was when we went last summer. So you really don't have any choice unless you don't mention the kids when booking or get some help from somebody at SPG or the hotel...
Old Dec 23, 2006, 7:54 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Exclamation Heads Up ! ! !

Originally Posted by cubs02
cubs02 -- You need to take the advice others have offered here very seriously. You don't tell us if you're a seasoned overseas traveller or not, so please forgive us if we're stepping on toes here .... but ...

Outside of North America, and particularly in Europe, the notion of having 2 DBL beds in a hotel suitable for four persons is rare. Most quality European hotels have some rooms that might accomodate your group, but be prepared to pay mightily for the privelege. (No kidding.)

I advise you to be in touch with SPG at once to ensure that your plans are safe as reserved. No one likes surprises. Good luck!
Old Dec 23, 2006, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Was upgraded in late March/early April to what I guess was a small suite at Westin Paris. Sitting room and bedroom separated by a pretty long hallway. The room was way up at the top of the hotel so there were tiny balconies off of each room accessed by "french!" doors (I wonder if they call them french doors in France?) We could see the Eiffel Tower from one of them. Nice. Public rooms and staff were very good- I would definitely return and would be happy to get the same room again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.