Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which Starwood in Paris? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood in Paris? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Just completed a family stay at the Westin. We had three rooms, all booked on points under my account. No upgrade on two of them, but they were at least exterior facing (but no view). The third was upgraded to a junior suite, but looking over the interior restaurant courtyard. They were all in good condition and quiet, though.

At check-in we were told our room (one of the regular rooms) and the junior suite room would get complimentary breakfast for my Titanium benefit. So I figured two out of three isn’t bad. But the next morning, the restaurant only showed breakfast for one room. We left and went elsewhere, since 39 Euros each is a bit much for the rest of our group. But later in the week, we decided to do it anyway, and — surprise! — now they had two of our rooms down for breakfast. On the way out, we tried to pay for the single person whose breakfast was not covered, and a different host just said don’t worry about it. So some mixed messages all around, but a decent result in the end!

Be aware right now (until sometime in August) there is a carnival in the Tuileries across the street, so if you’re lucky enough to get an Eiffel Tower view, you might have to deal with some noise and commotion into the evening.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Gold
Renaissance Vendome

Just completed a three night stay at the Renaissance Vendome on points. We were able to book two adults and one child using the regular redemption rate. Only upcharge was 30EUR a day for a rollaway bed. As a Titanium, we were upgraded to a cute patio room with outside sitting area, that was bigger than we were expecting. We had full breakfast buffet (including custom omelets) for all three of us no questions asked. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was small and boutique in nature but very nice, coming from someone who does not like boutique hotels. Solid 4.5 star. Location was fantastic for 1st Arrond. attractions. Not too many casual restaurants in the area. Overall, if I wanted to stay in that area of town I would not at all hesitate to stay here again.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:39 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Can you recommend any hotels in Paris that can accommodate two adults and a minor? The DP above is one of them. I'd like to hear more. I searched and it appears most of them can only accommodate two adults.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by joshsam
Just completed a three night stay at the Renaissance Vendome on points. We were able to book two adults and one child using the regular redemption rate. Only upcharge was 30EUR a day for a rollaway bed. As a Titanium, we were upgraded to a cute patio room with outside sitting area, that was bigger than we were expecting. We had full breakfast buffet (including custom omelets) for all three of us no questions asked. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was small and boutique in nature but very nice, coming from someone who does not like boutique hotels. Solid 4.5 star. Location was fantastic for 1st Arrond. attractions. Not too many casual restaurants in the area. Overall, if I wanted to stay in that area of town I would not at all hesitate to stay here again.
Thanks for the review.

Actually, quite a few casual restaurants very nearby. 300 meters takes you to the Place du Marche St. Honore which has several wine bars with food and a burger joint that always seems busy. The place is sort of hidden, but not hard to find if you know where to look. And on Rue de St. Honore, several Asian restaurants, some with perpetual lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.