Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which Starwood in Paris? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood in Paris? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2002, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Which Starwood in Paris? [Master Thread]

Will be going to Paris this summer, which property would be the best choice?
Old Jan 27, 2002, 10:11 pm

Prince de Galles is very nice. It is very centrally located. Have stayed there using Starwood awards, but I think that rates are pretty expensive if you are not using points.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 10:52 pm

If you book enough time in advance, there should be availability at the Prince de Galles using either Starwood's or an airline's 50% certificate. In Europe and Asia such certificates can be worth something.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 12:17 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Prince de Galles DEFINITELY!! Wonderful - all the way around (although be careful - ONE GLASS of champagne in the bar was $16!). In Paris you can buy an entire bottle of Veuve Cliquot for about $22! But, it was truly a wonderful hotel. The staff, service, room, bathroom, etc. were all just lovely.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold
Ditto on the Prince de Galles. Stayed there over Christmas ... 4 award nights in a nice junior suite. Welcome amenities (three!) arrived on successive days. Hermes bath products can't be beat. Front desk & concierge staff was top notch. Bar was outrageously expensive, but top-notch. Location is terrific ... very close to two metro lines & Champs Elysees ...
Old Jan 28, 2002, 9:24 am
DCW

In the process of planning my first trip to Paris, my friend highly recommend the Four Season. How is Prince de Galles compare to the FS in Paris? (both the hotel and the location)
Old Jan 28, 2002, 10:46 am

Programs: CO Plat. SPG Plat
Prince De Gaulles is very nice. The other Sheraton property is nice too. Remember, however, unless you're into the amenitities, Paris is a pretty cheap hotel city, and you can find other small, clean, safe, and well located properties for less than $200 per night.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 12:35 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
Stayed at the P de G last year over Easter and wasn't terribly impressed by anything but the location. It is next door to the very highly rated Four Seasons George V, sharing as they do a common wall.

Our room was noisy, evidenced no sort of an upgrade and while the bathroom was nice it's the room itself where I'm looking for room; not needing or wanting to spend much time in the bathroom. The room was pretty but on the small side and faced an interior courtyard as do most of the rooms. As I'm Platinum and was paying, I expected better and was very disappointed.

As far as a comparison between the two
I can only speak to appearnces - the recent total renovation of the Gerge V seems to have opened up and brightened it's public areas - they look much fresher than those of the Prince de Galles as the lobby is darker and smaller. I did not see any GV rooms.

Old Jan 29, 2002, 12:41 pm

We Stayed at the Prince de Galles for 5 nights in October on an award. Pretty nice 4 star hotel by European standards, great location and first rate staff. I can't say enough positve things about the doorman, he was the nicest and most attentive doorman we've ever encountered.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 12:45 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
The is absolutely no comparison between the Prince de Galles and the George V except for the wall they share. Two worlds apart. But Prince de Galles is the best Starwood in Paris, no doubt.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 5:17 pm

Here is a virtual tour of the Prince de Galles:

http://tours.ipix.com/ct/LUXC/M98ZUA...%20de%20Galles
Old Feb 6, 2002, 8:45 pm

Any suggestions for reasonably priced breakfast nearby? Is breakfast included in award travel (I assume not). Is there any way to get a brochure of the hotel?
Old Feb 6, 2002, 9:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bostom:
Stayed at the P de G last year over Easter and wasn't terribly impressed by anything but the location. It is next door to the very highly rated Four Seasons George V, sharing as they do a common wall.

</font>
I didn't want to be the first to say the above, but I agree 100%.

Stayed two nights in 9/01- free stays as a gold. Room was small (yes, even by "European standards").

Not that it was a bad stay (it was fine), but I was really glad that I wasn't paying the $300-400 that I believe was the standard rate at that time.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 7:37 am

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
The Four Seasons is clearly one of the top three hotels in Paris.

However, The Prince de Galles is still an excellent Luxury hotel with about the same service level as the FS but the hardware isn't quite as nice. I have my choice when I go and I now choose the PdeG.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 7:42 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
If it is already open Hyatt Verdome .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.